Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

I didn’t like Clinton. But what’s this ‘mindless extremism’ shite? She would be somewhere to the right of Jacob Rees-Mogg in our politics.
That's just it, you only see things 'extreme', in relation, to your own perception and personal dislikes and that leaves you blind and unsympathetic to other peoples viewpoints and that disconnect, explains why you and others, invest so much faith in the removal of Trump, having any meaningful change to societies ills....... In actuality, Obama's two terms didn't make things less extreme, it had the opposite effect and Clintons focus on identity politics, rather motivated the other side to the extreme of Trump.

What we need is mutual respect, but its very difficult when you see the application of mockery over four years towards the president and desperate attempts to gerrymander him out of power. The democrats could and should have spent 4 years developing new policies and genuine policies of change, that would demonstrate why professional/experts are so important, but of course the obvious question is the democrats have no ideas and its just about power.

That's just it, you only see things 'extreme', in relation, to your own perception and personal dislikes and that leaves you blind and unsympathetic to other peoples viewpoints and that disconnect, explains why you and others, invest so much faith in the removal of Trump, having any meaningful change to societies ills....... In actuality, Obama's two terms didn't make things less extreme, it had the opposite effect and Clintons focus on identity politics, rather motivated the other side to the extreme of Trump.

What we need is mutual respect, but its very difficult when you see the application of mockery over four years towards the president and desperate attempts to gerrymander him out of power. The democrats could and should have spent 4 years developing new policies and genuine policies of change, that would demonstrate why professional/experts are so important, but of course the obvious question is the democrats have no ideas and its just about power.

So much bollix, so little time to discuss it...

Focusing first on the original point:

1. You are the person who introduced the word ‘extreme’ in your phrase ‘mindless extremism’. You have made no effort to justify or even benchmark those adjectives.

2. You ignore that I don’t like Hilary. So I don’t see how I am letting my ‘personal dislikes’ blind me to the discussion. I’m not defending her. I’m criticising your appalling lack of logic that you wrap up in word salad.

3. Do you even know what ‘gerrymander’ means? How does it apply to Trump?

4. So go on, explain, objectively, without letting YOUR own perception blind you, how Hilary can be described as either ‘extreme’ or ‘mindless’.

So much bollix, so little time to discuss it...

Focusing first on the original point:

1. You are the person who introduced the word ‘extreme’ in your phrase ‘mindless extremism’. You have made no effort to justify or even benchmark those adjectives.

2. You ignore that I don’t like Hilary. So I don’t see how I am letting my ‘personal dislikes’ blind me to the discussion. I’m not defending her. I’m criticising your appalling lack of logic that you wrap up in word salad.

3. Do you even know what ‘gerrymander’ means? How does it apply to Trump?

4. So go on, explain, objectively, without letting YOUR own perception blind you, how Hilary can be described as either ‘extreme’ or ‘mindless’.
Basket of Deplorables in relation to half of Trumps Base (20% of the population of the United States)... If you can't see that the language of both sides has become infected by hate, then you can hardly claim to have any clue about solutions, to fix the problem.

To steal a line from Babylon 5: Truth is a three-edged sword.

Basket of Deplorables in relation to half of Trumps Base (20% of the population of the United States)... If you can't see that the language of both sides has become infected by hate, then you can hardly claim to have any clue about solutions, to fix the problem.

Ok so no defence of the phrase ‘mindless extremism’ then?

Thank you.

Ok so no defence of the phrase ‘mindless extremism’ then?

Thank you.
I gave you a dumb, because its the very definition of mindless, to label 20% of the US population as the other, an amorphous mass, that is unwilling to accept your views of the world and as such they're should be put aside somehow or even dealt with by rubbing their noses in diversity (Blair).

I've heard many argue that Trump doesn't rule for all and that is partly true. But, the democrats by past history and present dogmatic statements quite clearly will NOT rule for all either and why society really has lost its way and everything is turning to violence.

Once we were united on things, like flag and national history, well it turns out you remove that connection and what do we have left, but our own mindless extremism, of which you have your fair share, as I try NOT to have, but am only human.

I gave you a dumb, because its the very definition of mindless, to label 20% of the US population as the other, an amorphous mass, that is unwilling to accept your views of the world and as such they're should be put aside somehow or even dealt with by rubbing their noses in diversity (Blair).

I've heard many argue that Trump doesn't rule for all and that is partly true. But, the democrats by past history and present dogmatic statements quite clearly will NOT rule for all either and why society really has lost its way and everything is turning to violence.

Once we were united on things, like flag and national history, well it turns out you remove that connection and what do we have left, but our own mindless extremism, of which you have your fair share, as I try NOT to have, but am only human.

Describing the 20% trailer-park, Walmart-shopping, flat-earth believing, anti-mask prole mass* as ‘deplorable’ isn’t ‘mindless’. I grant you that it was very bad judgement from a PR perspective on her part.

I am yet to hear you offer even such a weak justification for the word ‘extremism’ however. Even in an American sense.

Please also explain how your ascribing ‘mindless extremism’ to me (a) justifies you using it about Clinton and (b) can be reconciled with your phrase “is unwilling to accept your views of the world” which is, er, exactly what you’re doing?

* We have our own equivalent sector of the population here, as could be seen on the ‘Release Tommy Robinson’ thread. Oh yes, you supported him too, didn’t you?

But with the US fascination with all things celeb, Harry could be 'good for business'.
Half the country would love him, the other half is still trying to figure out if he knows he is being used. I imagine he will make his position very clear on certain issues, and be as “loved” as the Kardashian’s.

Describing the 20% trailer-park, Walmart-shopping, flat-earth believing, anti-mask prole mass* as ‘deplorable’ isn’t ‘mindless’. I grant you that it was very bad judgement from a PR perspective on her part.

I am yet to hear you offer even such a weak justification for the word ‘extremism’ however. Even in an American sense.

Please also explain how your ascribing ‘mindless extremism’ to me (a) justifies you using it about Clinton and (b) can be reconciled with your phrase “is unwilling to accept your views of the world” which is, er, exactly what you’re doing?

* We have our own equivalent sector of the population here, as could be seen on the ‘Release Tommy Robinson’ thread. Oh yes, you supported him too, didn’t you?
What flows from extremism ? it can exist in any governmental policy where a body of people believe themselves to have become powerless and from that flows Radicalisation.

By your own words you argue that the deplorables, or gordon browns Bigots is not mindless and in fact, its a conscious dislike of people with problematic opinions and you feel strongly enough to argue that their views don't matter and by inference, they're should be made powerless !

Trump is a reaction and populism itself is proof that large swathes of the population are without representation and only fodder to be led.

What flows from extremism ? it can exist in any governmental policy where a body of people believe themselves to have become powerless and from that flows Radicalisation.

By your own words you argue that the deplorables, or gordon browns Bigots is not mindless and in fact, its a conscious dislike of people with problematic opinions and you feel strongly enough to argue that their views don't matter and by inference, they're should be made powerless !

Trump is a reaction and populism itself is proof that large swathes of the population are without representation and only fodder to be led.

Your first paragraph makes no sense.

Your second paragraph: I do no such thing. Their views do matter, not least to a politician who needs to judge if he has enough political capital to overcome them. It’s also a confusing use of the word ‘mindless’ in a completely different context.

Your final sentence doesn’t make much sense, unless you mean to say Trump is a demagogue, which I would agree with.

But nothing more on ‘mindless extremism’, so I assume that your failure to rebut me is because you can’t.

Babylon 5 is obviously where you learned your self proclaimed critical thinking. At least you've stopped adding "Conclusion:" to your posts.

Your first paragraph makes no sense.

Your second paragraph: I do no such thing. Their views do matter, not least to a politician who needs to judge if he has enough political capital to overcome them. It’s also a confusing use of the word ‘mindless’ in a completely different context.

Your final sentence doesn’t make much sense, unless you mean to say Trump is a demagogue, which I would agree with.

But nothing more on ‘mindless extremism’, so I assume that your failure to rebut me is because you can’t.
If Trump tweets something that is deemed extreme and radicalises someone, then its my basic argument, that the same process is at play in reverse, but your incapable of seeing the extremism, because it would make clear that life is far more complicated than goodies, baddies and the % of the population you believe to be stupid.

extremism is an emotional outlet for severe feelings stemming from "persistent experiences of oppression, insecurity, humiliation, resentment, loss, and rage"

If Trump tweets something that is deemed extreme and radicalises someone, then its my basic argument, that the same process is at play in reverse, but your incapable of seeing the extremism, because it would make clear that life is far more complicated than goodies, baddies and the % of the population you believe to be stupid.

extremism is an emotional outlet for severe feelings stemming from "persistent experiences of oppression, insecurity, humiliation, resentment, loss, and rage"

You’ve gone back to wibble, which always seems to be your final resort.

Nothing to justify your original phrase of Clinton’s ‘mindless extremism’.

I suggest we stop here because you’re just making yourself look stupid.

You’ve gone back to wibble, which always seems to be your final resort.

Nothing to justify your original phrase of Clinton’s ‘mindless extremism’.

I suggest we stop here because you’re just making yourself look stupid.
He's pretty non-selective with wibble, he'll use it as first, second or wherever resort.

Alternatively I give a personal view of US politics and pretty much none of your analysis goes anywhere but 'Orange bad, Putin baddest' and its not much to win elections on, as the democrats are finding out.
Emconjob: Alternatively I give a personal view of US politics.

But like every other Truppit it's only OK if it's your's or orange faces opinion that is correct?
Everyone else is just a 'Orange bad, Putin baddest' opinion, and fkuk all to do with his lies, bullsh!t, false promises, or general stupidity.

Emconjob: What we need is mutual respect, but its very difficult when you see the application of mockery over four years towards the president and desperate attempts to gerrymander him out of power. The democrats could and should have spent 4 years developing new policies and genuine policies of change, that would demonstrate why professional/experts are so important, but of course the obvious question is the democrats have no ideas and its just about power.

What is it with you orange faced man lovers?

Desperate attempts to gerrymander him out of power.

The dems had a solid case with abuse of power. Rightly or wrongly he was given a free pass by the Republicans.

The Mueller report did NOT EXONERATE Trump. Rightly or wrongly he was given a free pass by the Republicans.

1) the obvious question is the democrats have no ideas and its just about power.
That isn't a question it's a statement.

The dems have developed new policies and genuine policies of change.
Mitch McConnell Admits There Are 395 House Bills Sitting in the Senate: 'We're Not Going to Pass Those'

2) the obvious question is the democrats have no ideas and its just about power.

That isn't a question it's a statement.

Are you suggesting that Republicans are only interested in doing what's right for the country and don't care about power?

Latest Threads