Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

The devil is in the detail.
Look at the Seattle police budget, 3m taken form just short of 402m. Storm in a tea cup?

It is the numbers...

They want to layoff at least 100 officers with the first round of cuts. Which is only going to make the city less safe and will reduce the effectiveness of the police force dramatically in the long run. If I were a member of that department I would take my money and run, whilst seeking life elsewhere.

It's not his efficiency that is in question, more that religion seems to be his driving force, and with religion comes intolerance
Odd so much intolerance comes from Agnostics and Atheists towards someone who believes in a god

Russia/China don't care who wins, just that the country is destabilised.

Everyone is doing exactly the same thing to each other - right now, there will be Western people in those countries trying to do exactly the same - it's been going on for ever. The only major difference is that it's far easier to do in the West as freedom of speech, and other freedoms, allows far more insidious stuff to be passed as legitimate.
Both sides twist the truth and try to dominate the news cycle, with the democrats operating a broad-based jammer thanks to its fading but still largely intact media franchise support and Trump adopting insurgent tactics to get his message out. Both Russia/China have a helluva a lot of grey areas to drop in a word, or thought to sell the idea that China is not at fault for anything and Russia is just Russia and best left alone and as Trump is operating on the same terrain its inevitable he will be linked.

The uncomfortable truth is freedom of speech has been curtailed so much by social change that increasingly were all operating in the grey these days.

Pffffft, the first 2 or 3 posts doesn't count. It's like me saying I've read 2 or 3 pages of a chemistry book, therefore I know what it's about.

Democratic Massachusetts Congressman, Gerry Studds, was censured by the House of Representatives after he admitted to an inappropriate relationship with a 17-year-old page.

Democratic Illinois Congressman, Mel Reynolds resigned from Congress after he was convicted of statutory rape of a 16-year-old campaign volunteer.

Democratic activist, donor, and director, Roman Polanski, fled the country after pleading guilty to statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl.
Democratic Illinois Congressman, Gus Savage was investigated by the Democrat-controlled House Committee on Ethics for attempting to rape an underage female Peace Corps volunteer in Zaire. The Committee concluded that while the events did occur his apology was sufficient and took no further action.

Republican director of the “Young Republican Federation” Nicholas Elizondo molested his 6-year old daughter and was sentenced to six years in prison.
Some of these go back over 40 years

Gerry Studds was 1982
Reynolds was in 1992
Savage was in 1989
Polanski was in 1978

the only interesting thing is Savage was replaced by Reynolds

By the way ever hear of the space bar, your wall of text is higher than Pointe Du Hoc

More tantrums from the Democrats.
I can't imagine what will follow next...
Chuck the Schmucks done it before-

June 28th, 2017
According to one news account, Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) reportedly invoked the rule to prevent the Judiciary Committee from holding a hearing in which Senators intended to "press" intelligence officials "for further details about the Obama White House's steps to 'unmask' members of the Trump campaign and transition officials."

On the same day, during floor debate, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) stated, "I have nine requests for committees to meet during today's session of the Senate. They do not have the approval of the Democratic leader for the seventh consecutive legislative day, therefore, they will not be permitted to meet after 2 p.m. I ask unanimous consent that the list of committees requesting authority to meet be printed in the Record for today's session and the previous 2 days."

- The Frontrunner, "Schumer Blocks Meeting on Obama Officials' Unmasking Trump Officials," June 29, 2017; Congressional Record, vol. 162 (June 28, 2017), p. S3835

The devil is in the detail.
Look at the Seattle police budget, 3m taken form just short of 402m. Storm in a tea cup?

Budgets ( and spending never go down).

How much overtime pay, do you think they are already in the hole for?

offog

LE
What did the 3M fund?
It dose not say but I thinks like Implicit Bias Training At 100k may go in the bin following Trump announcement.

Looking at the budget 4m was dropped from admin which was 39m down to 34.5m

Odd so much intolerance comes from Agnostics and Atheists towards someone who believes in a god
We should hold an inquisition. Oh, wait....

If you can't rise above the level of Trump then why are you criticising him ?
1600880395755.png

Last edited:

offog

LE
It is the numbers...

They want to layoff at least 100 officers with the first round of cuts. Which is only going to make the city less safe and will reduce the effectiveness of the police force dramatically in the long run. If I were a member of that department I would take my money and run, whilst seeking life elsewhere.
That's not what was said.

The bill would also remove as many as 100 officers from various police units and limit staff pay to $150,000, The Seattle Times reported.

But it fails to report who said that so may be an assumption.

But as they are paying golden hand shakes of 15k and 7.5k to 104 recruits they may drop the recruiting and save 800k plus any ongoing salaries.

You hold whatever you like, I just pointed out the intolerance is both ways
Marginally more severe and long lasting from the 'Christian' side, though.

offog

LE
Marginally more severe and long lasting from the 'Christian' side, though.
You forget that America was settled by people who had to move there as there religious beliefs were counter to what the rest of society wanted. They wanted to impose there thinking onto others.

Latest Threads