Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

pc flaps

Old-Salt
It makes you wonder, what would the Dems do if Biden absolutely plows it at the debate? I don't mean just a mediocre performance, I mean stumbling over his words, misnaming people, looking confused etc. I mean a performance so toe curlingly awful that even the TDS deranged US media can't ignore it.

Is there a precedent for replacing a candidate in the middle of an election campaign? I know the Dems were forced to do it with Thomas Eagleton in 1972, but at least he was a veep candidate not the main one. What a strange situation for the most powerful democracy on earth to be in.

It makes you wonder, what would the GOP do if TRUMP absolutely plows it at the debate? I don't mean just a mediocre performance, I mean stumbling over his words, misnaming people, looking confused etc. I mean a performance so toe curlingly awful that even the TDS sycophant US media can't ignore it.

Is there a precedent for replacing a candidate in the middle of an election campaign?
What a strange situation for the most powerful democracy on earth to be in.
YOU:
It makes you wonder, what would the GOP do if TRUMP absolutely plows it at the debate? I don't mean just a mediocre performance, I mean stumbling over his words, misnaming people, looking confused etc. I mean a performance so toe curlingly awful that even the TDS sycophant US media can't ignore it.

Is there a precedent for replacing a candidate in the middle of an election campaign?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you watched an entire Chump speech lately or just a few favourable clips? I'm going to guess the latter.

The man can hardly speak without slurring, mispronouncing, or jumbling his words, and don't forget the lies or drinking.
1600621947224.png

Taking the piss out of ONLY Biden is to ignore reality.

It's a race to see which one pops off 1st tbh.

It makes you wonder, what would the Dems do if Biden absolutely plows it at the debate? I don't mean just a mediocre performance, I mean stumbling over his words, misnaming people, looking confused etc. I mean a performance so toe curlingly awful that even the TDS deranged US media can't ignore it.

Is there a precedent for replacing a candidate in the middle of an election campaign? I know the Dems were forced to do it with Thomas Eagleton in 1972, but at least he was a veep candidate not the main one. What a strange situation for the most powerful democracy on earth to be in.

Well, they plan to replace him asap after the campaign whatever the result is.

Can you really imagine a cranky 77 year old being up to the job?

But yep, sad state of affairs if he is the best that the opposition can come up with?

allows the Forces to get on and do their jobs,
Except for Syria, where he gave them 24hrs notice to quit, abandon their allies over their considerable protests and hand their facilities over to Vlad's boys.

Except for Syria, where he gave them 24hrs notice to quit, abandon their allies over their considerable protests and hand their facilities over to Vlad's boys.

He’d been giving his Generals instructions to wind it down and begin withdrawing for months

It’s a perfect encapsulation of how the swamp - at least those in the political and military sphere who are deeply embedded in the highly profitable never-ending occupation of the Middle East - tried to ignore and frustrate the orders of their commander in chief. We saw the same with Vindman, whose attitude was that the presidents actions were not in accordance with US foreign policy on Ukraine, despite the President, constitutionally, being the one who *sets* foreign policy.

Last edited:

pc flaps

Old-Salt
YOU:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you watched an entire Chump speech lately or just a few favourable clips? I'm going to guess the latter.

The man can hardly speak without slurring, mispronouncing, or jumbling his words, and don't forget the lies or drinking.
View attachment 505956
Taking the piss out of ONLY Biden is to ignore reality.

It's a race to see which one pops off 1st tbh.

Funny how among the anti-Trumpers there's always this need to insult: "Chump" / "Drumpf" (as if his family were the first immigrants ever to Anglicise their name). For the record I don't "only take the piss out of Biden" I'm unimpressed with either of them, and yes Trump's age, dietary habits and lifestyle make him unlikely to finish a full term if he does win.

But if you deny the US media are embarrassingly in the tank for the Dems, you're as myopic as you accuse me of being. They're not even pretending to be impartial anymore.

He’d been giving his Generals instructions to wind it down and begin withdrawing for months
So not allowing, "the Forces to get on and do their jobs" then?

It would take a particularly stable kind of genius to do that.

Depends if you think that their job was to destroy ISIS or to act as a permanent peacekeeping force protecting the Kurds from the consequences of continued attacks against the Turkish (our NATO allies)

Either way, the key element of ‘doing your job’ is following out the lawful orders of your commander in chief - Tillerson, Bolton, Mattis etc. all though that it was optional, that they had freedom to second guess the CIC.

Depends if you think that their job was to destroy ISIS or to act as a permanent peacekeeping force protecting the Kurds from the consequences of continued attacks against the Turkish (our NATO allies)
I think their job was to plan and conduct military operations according to their experience and best expert judgement.

Nonetheless, Trump's decision prevented them from, "getting on with their job" in direct contradiction to the post I responded to.

offog

LE

You forget that Trump said at the start of his term that he knew far more than any of his generals.

You may also want to ask yourself what links Trump has with Turkey.

Sorry how does that work if the Position is for life, or are you saying that it's such a sinecure that people simply don't retire.
44 Judges have retired/resigned at their will including Thurgood Marshall, David Souter, Anthony Kennedy William Brennan, Sandra Day O'Connor, John Paul Stevens, Warren Burger, etc.

Except there was never congressional authorization to deploy US troops to syria, Obama like a dictator just did it without regard for the law

What was their Job again? there was no congressional authorization encapsulating their mission parameters

You forget that Trump said at the start of his term that he knew far more than any of his generals.

You may also want to ask yourself what links Trump has with Turkey.
Oh, so the business man who is currently president is deciding the run the country like one of his businesses, with whatever national policy makes the biggest profit for him.....?

Are you on some sort of medication we should know about?

While professional soldiers and officers may know more about waging war, the presidents job is to tell them what wars to wage. There would appear to be history of presidents of one party waging wars to take "truth freedom and the american way" to peoples who perhaps didn't want it, so far this president has not done so. Maybe because he wants to do things differently, but he appears to be doing good things in the peace department without sending the troops in.

offog

LE
Oh, so the business man who is currently president is deciding the run the country like one of his businesses, with whatever national policy makes the biggest profit for him.....?
How many times has he been bankrupt? What was the reason he has not payed any tax in ten years? Could it be that he made such a big lose in his business? I hope he has not been running the country in the same way he run his business.

While professional soldiers and officers may know more about waging war,
He has repeatedly said he know more about how to be a general than his generals.

Funny how among the anti-Trumpers there's always this need to insult: "Chump" / "Drumpf" (as if his family were the first immigrants ever to Anglicise their name). For the record I don't "only take the piss out of Biden" I'm unimpressed with either of them, and yes Trump's age, dietary habits and lifestyle make him unlikely to finish a full term if he does win.

But if you deny the US media are embarrassingly in the tank for the Dems, you're as myopic as you accuse me of being. They're not even pretending to be impartial anymore.
Aaaaah, there's your problem. You think the media is all one sided.

What a pathetic argument.

Btw: He's not just a Chump he is a FAT CNUT as well as a lying inconsiderate prick.
200,000 dead on his watch and off he goes out golfing. Yeah, vote fatty back in what could go wrong?

But what did the commander in chief say their job was?
That varies considerably from moment to moment. It's almost as if he doesn't know himself.

I'm pretty sure that objectively-speaking it's not, "Sit on your hands while the hard work you've put in over a decade goes to rat-shit."

Latest Threads