Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

:) so funny - the dummies being spat out over this... it’s almost as if the lefties don’t know how to take a joke :)

Accopunt suspended.
The censorship continues to be applied and denied.

Revoke Section 230 Donald, **** these hard leftist-limp wristed spasticxs, there isn't enough sand to keep their heads buried for much longer, Kill them now with fire, end the experiment.

"No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider. "

Yet it seems that claims of sexual assault by creepy Joe, are just dismissed. 'Nothing to see here'.
Whats good for the goose (Chump) is also good for the gander (Byedon). Chump has had far more sexual assault accusations leveled against him than any other candidate in history yet the vast majority are ignored by the RWM.

It is a fault of both sides not just one side.

So Rasmusson has gone from a 2pts victory to Biden, to a one point Trump lead and for comparison, Harris went from 8% to 6% Biden and demonstrate at least to me the 8% of the Electorate who are don't know are starting to fall heavily for Trump.

So Rasmusson has gone from a 2pts victory to Biden, to a one point Trump lead and for comparison, Harris went from 8% to 6% Biden and demonstrate at least to me the 8% of the Electorate who are don't know are starting to fall heavily for Trump.

I don't think either side can count their chickens yet.

Wow.

Full podcast is quite good

ipso_facto

War Hero
Are you denouncing your beliefs in christianity?

No. I do, however, have a question for you. Let's assume there are no fairies in the sky and all of this is human construct. We all have constructs in our heads, a map so to speak, on how the world operates which informs our actions. For example when I catch a bus I have a map in my head of the bus route, the timetable, etc. and that guides my actions although the reality may not quite fit the map when the bus breaks down or is cancelled, etc. We simply cannot function without these maps of how the world functions.

Human's also have a tendency to conform themselves to what they worship, another map carried by many people that gives their lives meaning. So, my question is for those who have that kind philosophical map, is it better to pray to The God of Love or a god of hate?

So, my question is for those who have that kind philosophical map, is it better to pray to The God of Love or a god of hate?

It's better to be a good person and not rely on such a crutch. If you insist you need to believe in stories to make you a better person, then the question is which is which. We are told one will deceive mankind. We are told by one of them believe him without question. We are also told he is all powerful but still lets bad things happen. The other one wanted to help mankind and bring them light and heat. The first one tells us this one is evil.

Which one sounds like the good one, and which one sounds like a lying deceiver?

No. I do, however, have a question for you. Let's assume there are no fairies in the sky and all of this is human construct. We all have constructs in our heads, a map so to speak, on how the world operates which informs our actions. For example when I catch a bus I have a map in my head of the bus route, the timetable, etc. and that guides my actions although the reality may not quite fit the map when the bus breaks down or is cancelled, etc. We simply cannot function without these maps of how the world functions.

Human's also have a tendency to conform themselves to what they worship, another map carried by many people that gives their lives meaning. So, my question is for those who have that kind philosophical map, is it better to pray to The God of Love or a god of hate?

That's a false binary argument you wibbling loon.

It's not either/or. It's neither.

Laplace answered that best when Napoleon asked why he hadn't mentioned God in his mathematical treatise.

"I had no need of that hypothesis sire".

Don't let the wibbling shitcunt drag this down the religion road, we've flogged the **** out of that dead horse on other threads. Let's get back to which of the sex offenders the Cousins are voting for this time around.

ipso_facto

War Hero
I think it's all written down in your bible for you.

You are correct. Whether you want to recognise it or not your standards for what is a good person comes from the Judaeo-Christian tradition.

If I may add, the ideas you have of the God of the OT is a caricature that is not true.

Whether you want to recognise it or not your standards for what is a good person comes from the Judaeo-Christian tradition.

No, you might like to think your standards do, but that would be ignoring everything that the old and new testaments borrowed from earlier cultures.

If I may add, the ideas you have of the God of the OT is a caricature that is not true.

Of course it's not true, it's all made up.

ipso_facto

War Hero
No, you might like to think your standards do, but that would be ignoring everything that the old and new testaments borrowed from earlier cultures.

If you look at the world view held in the Near East at the time there are many similarities between Summarian stories and the Bible. But the point of the Bible writers is they are polemic, in other words telling others this is the truth of what happened rather than what your pagan culture has handed down. The Bible writers were challenging the world view of their time.