The Trump Presidency...

According to the Trumpers, Kampala Harris is a Marxist who will turn the US into Venezuela.

and they let these mouthbreathers own guns!

White House Plants Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theorists Among Reporters in Briefing Room
At every briefing this week, the president took a question from a website dedicated to smearing his political rivals.

Interesting Link to more WH stupidity

According to the Trumpers, & Steamboat, Kampala Harris is a Marxist who will turn the US into Venezuela.

and they let these mouth breathers own guns!
FIXED ;)

What you think is trustworthy is whatever sits in your echo chamber and meets your confirmation bias.

Politico has not failed a fact check yet and is criticised by both sides so seen as being reasonably balanced according to this fact check website.

Shal wee dig through what they reported back when and what they don't adjust for accuracy now.
It's one thing reporting what you think you know at a point in time, it's a completely different thing when you fail to accurately adjust your narrative when you proven wrong, Politico is no different. Nobody is safe.

"What you think is trustworthy is whatever sits in your echo chamber and meets your confirmation bias"

No,

"What I test to be trustworthy by giving the truth time to catch up with the lie will meet my confirmation of the lie being biased and unaccountable"

Biden, what an idiot.

Paint a water pistol black wave it around in public and you can be charged with a ‘firearms’ offense.
Yes I already know this.

if as many real guns are being smuggled in to the UK the NRA befuddled conspiraloons imagine, where’s all The bodies carpeting our streets?
Well firstly I'm not a member of the NRA and never have been. Hey you're shooting the messenger here mate. All I've done is report what the UK Police heads of sheds are saying about firearms being smuggled into the UK and how they see a rise in gun crime in the future because they are having difficulty stemming the flow of illegal firearms smuggled into the country.

You're asking where are all the bodies carpeting the streets, dude there have been four or five shootings in the last week in one city alone, is it not being reported over there or are you just not looking for it?

99.999% of the ‘firearms’ the police show off as ‘siezed‘ are antiques, air pistols, BB guns and blank firers.
Good and I sincerely hope it stays that way.

’M16 assault rifle‘ - actually a .22LR plinker
Great I'm glad that it's off the streets even if it is a .22 plinker. However I don't believe they are illegal in the UK unless one doesn't have a firearm certificate. I'd say that one was stolen from somewhere in the UK though I could be wrong.

I'm not trying to get into an America = bad UK = good pi$$ing competition here. I am merely pointing out what your very own UK Police and Border Protection people are saying about illegal firearms being smuggled into the UK and that the fight from their side isn't going very well.

What they have said is a matter of record, you can accept that or not.

First of all, I'm not sure that I sign up to your idea of "Califiornia's woes". As I said earlier, CA has a bigger GDP than the UK while having only two thirds of the population and for better or worse it's the place where much of the future is being crafted, see Google, Facebook, Apple etc.

As for sanctuary state, I've not greatly followed that but it seems an extension of sanctuary city and at most has a tertiary effect. The thing is that it's not really a sanctuary, someone who's paid smuggled $10,000 or more to get them out of Guatemala and into the US can't cry "sanctuary" on entering California like some medieval fugitive claiming sanctuary in a church. The left might play up the word "sanctuary" to annoy the right, and the right might play up the word "sanctuary" to imply that the left have given away too much, but if you look from somewhere in the middle it's all very much exaggerated.

I have a son in law who manages a family run restaurant, where they're very picky on being sure that they're only hiring people who are legally able to work. A few years ago he was telling me of the immigration people raiding the Chinese restaurant a few doors down. Some of his people from the kitchen came out to the front to watch the commotion (as opposed to doing a runner out of the back door), with the cooks from the Chinese restaurant scattering through the car park trying to dodge their way around the ICE folk. There is no sanctuary whatever people might say.

There seems a plausible argument to try to separate out immigration enforcement from normal law and order. If there's a domestic that sounds to be getting way too serious, you want the neighbors to call the cops. If they're citizens or legal residents but know that their other next door neighbor has a nephew that isn't, or they're sharing a house with a couple of people who would prefer not to have their immigration status looked at, then they'll be a lot more reluctant to call the police. Back when there was more variation between cities in how things were handled it was possible for academics to compare results. I can't claim any kind of proof but have a vague memory that there was some evidence that going lighter on possible immigration offenses allowed for better results on the non-immigration side. I may or may not be right on that but there's a decent argument to be made that non-cooperation with the immigration agencies while in the course of normal policing can give better results.

Things would be a bit different in other areas, like what to do if someone is coming to the end of their jail time for their third drunk driving offense. There is a wide range of possible actions. At one extreme, they could be held indefinitely, without any kind of due process, while the prison authorities try to check every now and then that their message to the immigration people didn't get dropped at the spam filter. At the other extreme, they could be let out of the side door at a time when the coast seems clear. I _think_ it's a bit closer to the latter than the former. That wouldn't be my preference but, although it might seem a big moral question about how to treat people, the numbers involved are too small to be making much of an impact on the state as a whole.

Basically it's a sideshow that serves to rile up people on both sides of the divide.
Hi man, hey I'm away fishing in a little while and will be back tomorrow night some time. I'll reply to you when I get back mate.

Just a question if I may, are you a naturalized American?

Yes I already know this.

Well firstly I'm not a member of the NRA and never have been. Hey you're shooting the messenger here mate. All I've done is report what the UK Police heads of sheds are saying about firearms being smuggled into the UK and how they see a rise in gun crime in the future because they are having difficulty stemming the flow of illegal firearms smuggled into the country.

You're asking where are all the bodies carpeting the streets, dude there have been four or five shootings in the last week in one city alone, is it not being reported over there or are you just not looking for it?

Good and I sincerely hope it stays that way.

Great I'm glad that it's off the streets even if it is a .22 plinker. However I don't believe they are illegal in the UK unless one doesn't have a firearm certificate. I'd say that one was stolen from somewhere in the UK though I could be wrong.

I'm not trying to get into an America = bad UK = good pi$$ing competition here. I am merely pointing out what your very own UK Police and Border Protection people are saying about illegal firearms being smuggled into the UK and that the fight from their side isn't going very well.

What they have said is a matter of record, you can accept that or not.
they lie to frighten the sheeple.

they can and do massively exaggerate.

Breathless headline - ’over 5,000 rounds of ammunition taken off the streets’.

.357? 9mm? 22LR?

10 tins of .177 pellets

Just making my cheese and ham toasty for lunch and it occurred to me that if for some reason the internet went down these people would know that the deep state did it to silence them, but they would not be able to tell any one about it. They would have to go out onto the streets and scream at the world and hope to find the other persons within 500 miles of them who also thinks it's the deep state working against them, not the pikies who have ripped out the internet cable as they keep doing in this area.
You mean pikies aren’t part of the deep state?

ipso_facto

Old-Salt
.......so says the conspiraloon.
So which conspiracy are we talking about? The Mueller one which took 22 months, cost $41m, involved 500 witnesses, 19 lawyers, 40 FBI agents, 2800 subpoenas, nearly 500 search warrants, 230 orders for communications, issued 50 orders authorizing use of pen registers to monitor electronic communications, and made 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence? What was the evidence of the Trump team colluding with Russia? Zero, zilch, nada!

Mueller investigation by the numbers: 675 days, 500 witnesses

Or, the more plausible conspiracy they were/are trying to take down a duly elected president who just will not toe the line.

Are you ever going to stop drinking the DS coolaid?!!

So which conspiracy are we talking about? The Mueller one which took 22 months, cost $41m, involved 500 witnesses, 19 lawyers, 40 FBI agents, 2800 subpoenas, nearly 500 search warrants, 230 orders for communications, issued 50 orders authorizing use of pen registers to monitor electronic communications, and made 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence? What was the evidence of the Trump team colluding with Russia? Zero, zilch, nada!

Mueller investigation by the numbers: 675 days, 500 witnesses

Or, the more plausible conspiracy they were/are trying to take down a duly elected president who just will not toe the line.

Are you ever going to stop drinking the DS coolaid?!!
Mueller report said:
However, the report states that Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election was illegal and occurred "in sweeping and systematic fashion" but was welcomed by the Trump campaign as it expected to benefit from such efforts. It also identifies links between Trump campaign officials and individuals with ties to the Russian government, about which several persons connected to the campaign made false statements and obstructed investigations. Mueller later stated that his investigation's conclusion on Russian interference "deserves the attention of every American".
The Mueller report that also lists eleven separate occasions that Trump tried to obstruct justice and made a point of stating that he could be charged once he leaves office? That Mueller report?

Now **** off. You stupid twat.

You are correct in that the Rona has turned into an epic political brawl. Which can be seen with the stimulus fight in Congress. One side wants almost a trillion dollars to bail out state and local governments.

We will see how the numbers turn out. Some states I imagine will get hammered even more. Others will manage a bit better. But the economic impact has not been as severe here as it has been across the pond. When the budget balancing happens, we can open up a new thread.
I'll leave the broader questions about the COVID-19 pandemic to the appropriate thread and just address the US political effects between now and the US election here.

Many economists say that the US economy can't fully recover until the pandemic is dealt with. The head of the US central bank has said the same. He said that the continuing pandemic has put economic recovery at risk.
Many economists note that the economy can’t fully recover until the pandemic is defeated — a point stressed Wednesday at a news conference by Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell. The Fed chairman warned that the viral epidemic has been endangering a modest economic recovery and that as a result, the Fed plans to keep interest rates pinned near zero well into the future.
The rapidly rising increase in infection may undermine recovery in the US economy. The reduced amount of government aid may have a similar effect.
Yet with the rate of confirmed coronavirus cases having surged in a majority of states, more businesses being forced to pull back on re-openings and the Republican Senate proposing to scale back government aid to the unemployed, the economy could worsen in the months ahead.
This is the problem with pinning your hopes on ignoring the pandemic in hopes that this will help the economy to recover. Ignoring the pandemic may in fact make the economy worse as people change their behaviours in response to the pandemic regardless of whether there is an official lock down or not.

I'm not going to try to predict the long term course of the pandemic around the world, there are just too many variables and unknowns. With respect to the effects on US politics however, there are only a couple of months between now and the election, which may not be enough time to affect "the facts on the ground", as Americans like to say. The US government gambled on improving economic performance by ignoring the pandemic. Instead the result may be an economy which is dragged down again by a surging pandemic, just before the election.

We'll have to see how this works out.

ipso_facto

Old-Salt
The Mueller report that also lists eleven separate occasions that Trump tried to obstruct justice and made a point of stating that he could be charged once he leaves office? That Mueller report?

Now **** off. You stupid twat.
Still believing the Mueller report shite? The President did not obstruct justice? If you really want to know who is obstructing justice, look no further than HRC.

Best you put your head down the toilet and drink as that's your level of understanding.

Last edited:
Still believing the Mueller report shite? The President did not obstruct justice? If you really want to know who is obstructing justice, look no further than HRC.

Best you put your head down the toilet and drink as that's your level of understanding.
Your sad excuse for a life revolves around a 4chan hoax. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so ******* tragic.

Now **** off.

Does the "i" in your avatar stand for idiot or imbecile?

Can someone explain this QANON conspiraloon thing Trumps all over?
Its an outlet for very flawed people who create multiple accounts and lie as often as they can. You know the type, know it all, google black belts.