The Trump Presidency...

Something my buddies overseas need to read. In the 5th Stimulus battle, Trump has managed to pull the rug out from under Nancy and Chuckie. They can stomp and shout all they want but, if they hold up the EO’s they will bear the brunt of the common folk trying to make ends meet. Which is likely to happen because everybody is going to equate Nancy with no stimulus check right before school opens up. Not a position to be in, when you deliberately try to tank the economy for political gain the voters will remember.

when you deliberately try to tank the economy for political gain the voters will remember.
Seems like you need to tank it through arrogance and incompetence to get away with it.

Something my buddies overseas need to read. In the 5th Stimulus battle, Trump has managed to pull the rug out from under Nancy and Chuckie. They can stomp and shout all they want but, if they hold up the EO’s they will bear the brunt of the common folk trying to make ends meet. Which is likely to happen because everybody is going to equate Nancy with no stimulus check right before school opens up. Not a position to be in, when you deliberately try to tank the economy for political gain the voters will remember.
But, but, but . . .

That article is MSM. Shirley it's fake nooz.

I try not to watch Fox News as it leaves me feeling not just badly informed but contaminated.

Err, Are these the same Executive Orders that the Republican Senator Ben Sasse said:
"The pen and phone theory of executive law making is unconstitutional slop"?

The unconstitutional and probably illegal, not to mention unworkable Executive Orders (Oh, how Republicans used to scream when Obama used them...) and also, with the really bigly clever idea to rape the federal Hurricane recovery budget just as Hurricane season starts?
THOSE Executive Orders?

Last edited:
But how can you tell if it is in the lying media? The enemy of the people.

Donny says it's all fake noooz. The enema of the people.

I try not to watch Fox News as it leaves me feeling not just badly informed but contaminated.

Err, Are these the same Executive Orders that the Republican Senator Ben Sasse said:
"The pen and phone theory of executive law making is unconstitutional slop"?

The unconstitutional and probably illegal, not to mention unworkable Executive Orders (Oh, how Republicans used to scream when Obama used them...) and also, the with really bigly clever idea to rape the federal Hurricane recovery budget just as Hurricane season starts?
THOSE Executive Orders?
Grey area that it might be, who is going to challenge him?

The suspension of payroll tax was done by BO. Will you be the party that takes away money from the folks that are working? It might not a stimulus check, but it will help especially when backdated to July 1.

Enhanced unemployment has been extended. Not the 200 bucks the GOP
wanted nor the 600 the Dems wanted but 400 of which 300 Uncle Sugar is on the hook for. A compromise amount that is fair.

A stop on evictions, yeah nobody is going to touch that.

Deferred student loan payments through the end of the year, same as above won’t be touched.

More importantly Trump takes the heat off the GOP and turns it back around on the Democrats leadership. Their rank and file are going to be squirming to look reasonable and compromise. Thus ending the quest for a 2 trillion plus agreement. But I do expect another round in November.

Grey area that it might be, who is going to challenge him?

The suspension of payroll tax was done by BO. Will you be the party that takes away money from the folks that are working? It might not a stimulus check, but it will help especially when backdated to July 1.

Enhanced unemployment has been extended. Not the 200 bucks the GOP
wanted nor the 600 the Dems wanted but 400 of which 300 Uncle Sugar is on the hook for. A compromise amount that is fair.

A stop on evictions, yeah nobody is going to touch that.

Deferred student loan payments through the end of the year, same as above won’t be touched.

More importantly Trump takes the heat off the GOP and turns it back around on the Democrats leadership. Their rank and file are going to be squirming to look reasonable and compromise. Thus ending the quest for a 2 trillion plus agreement. But I do expect another round in November.
So that would be a "Yes, it is the unconstitutional slop that rapes the Hurricane budget" then.
Thanks for confirming.
I am not really concerned about the dubious and irrational motives for the latest bungled together plan from the man who wants to be on Mt Rushmore.
I just like pointing out that there may be some holes in the plan.
Or rather, that despite what Fox News says, there is rather more hole than plan.

It is very real news, with real results.
Apparently so. I know economists say lots of things, but it sounds like we'll see how beneficial this is in fairly short order.

'On Saturday, President Donald Trump attempted to circumvent a stalled Congress by signing a series of executive orders to try and kickstart the failing economy, including providing a $400 unemployment benefit to tens of millions of out-of-work Americans.

'The orders “will take care of pretty much this entire situation, as we know it,” Trump said.

'But what he didn’t say is that the money will be diverted from much-needed disaster relief funds and state coffers, which are already threadbare due to the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus. There are also likely to be legal challenges to Trump’s actions, and even if the executive orders are enacted, economists say the money will run out in a matter of weeks.

'As well as the order providing a $400 unemployment benefit, he also signed orders designed to provide relief for student borrowers and suspend the collection of payroll taxes. His final order directs federal agencies to do what they can to prevent evictions, but it fall short of extending the eviction moratorium the CARES Act brought in.

'But almost immediately, the legality of the orders was called into question, given that Congress controls federal spending, not the president.

'According to the directive, the president wants to divert $44 billion in funding from a federal fund for disaster relief in the middle of what is expected to be one of the most active hurricane seasons on record.

'It also says that states should cover 25% of the payments, but with state officials already struggling to keep afloat due to budget shortfalls, few states are likely to be able to cover this extra cost.'

Apparently so. I know economists say lots of things, but it sounds like we'll see how beneficial this is in fairly short order.

'On Saturday, President Donald Trump attempted to circumvent a stalled Congress by signing a series of executive orders to try and kickstart the failing economy, including providing a $400 unemployment benefit to tens of millions of out-of-work Americans.

'The orders “will take care of pretty much this entire situation, as we know it,” Trump said.

'But what he didn’t say is that the money will be diverted from much-needed disaster relief funds and state coffers, which are already threadbare due to the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus. There are also likely to be legal challenges to Trump’s actions, and even if the executive orders are enacted, economists say the money will run out in a matter of weeks.

'As well as the order providing a $400 unemployment benefit, he also signed orders designed to provide relief for student borrowers and suspend the collection of payroll taxes. His final order directs federal agencies to do what they can to prevent evictions, but it fall short of extending the eviction moratorium the CARES Act brought in.

'But almost immediately, the legality of the orders was called into question, given that Congress controls federal spending, not the president.

'According to the directive, the president wants to divert $44 billion in funding from a federal fund for disaster relief in the middle of what is expected to be one of the most active hurricane seasons on record.

'It also says that states should cover 25% of the payments, but with state officials already struggling to keep afloat due to budget shortfalls, few states are likely to be able to cover this extra cost.'

It is not perfect, but it is better than the nothing being delivered by Congress. It might also help create a sense of urgency for Peolsi and Schumer. So something can be done, but it does help out the masses.

It is not perfect, but it is better than the nothing being delivered by Congress. It might also help create a sense of urgency for Peolsi and Schumer. So something can be done, but it does help out the masses.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the Dems that wanted to maintain the $600pw and the GOP wanted to drop it to just $200 hence the GOP was holding up the bill because they don't want to pay the furloughed minions to stay at home. The Dem voters have let this sink in but the gullible peons who have been dicked out of $800pm still think the GOP & CHUMP won the battle. It will only be the poor that suffer, obviously not as bad as the 154,000 assisted deaths of the older people that Chump killed but suffer they will.

Btw, The Rancid Rutabaga lies - a lot - I'm not sure if you know this

Meanwhile in Canada the emergency program was extended until October without any political faffing around at all.

A different story from south of the still closed border
Unemployment: the Trump action, if it actually worked, would give unemployed Americans an $400 extra per week retroactive to August 1, down from the $600 that expired in July. Of that sum, $300 would come from a FEMA disaster relief fund, and another $100 would have to be supplied by the states, using relief funds appropriated in the CARES Act. However most of that CARES Act money is already spoken for, and cash-strapped states don’t have a lot of extra money available to contribute. So I’d say it’s unlikely the state share will be included in a majority of states. Unemployed workers themselves will get half of what they previously got.

In addition, there’s only $44 billion available from the FEMA fund for the federal share. About $50 billion was spent on the $600 enhancement in the first two weeks of July, with nearly 30 million people receiving benefits. This is half that and maybe fewer recipients as hiring increases. But at most, this gets you another 5 weeks of support; by the end of August it’ll be done, even though it’s supposed to last until December.

When recipients will actually get anything is unclear; states would have to create an entirely new program through their antiquated unemployment insurance systems. It’s first-come first-served, so early states might get a little more for their residents while states that take months to figure things out could be shut out at the window entirely. And while the unemployed endure the wait, rent and other bills are still due.

Be sure to let us know when that all works out according to Chumps 'rapid, very rapid,' payment plan.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the Dems that wanted to maintain the $600pw and the GOP wanted to drop it to just $200 hence the GOP was holding up the bill because they don't want to pay the furloughed minions to stay at home. The Dem voters have let this sink in but the gullible peons who have been dicked out of $800pm still think the GOP & CHUMP won the battle. It will only be the poor that suffer, obviously not as bad as the 154,000 assisted deaths of the older people that Chump killed but suffer they will.

Btw, The Rancid Rutabaga lies - a lot - I'm not sure if you know this
The big hold up or what I am under the impression is the big hold up was the almost trillion dollars the Dems wanted for State and Local government aid. As you are well aware the States have to balance the budget and are not allowed to run a deficit like the Federal Government is. Many states like mine have been making some very painful cuts, while other states want to get the Feds to bail them out. So they don't have to do the unpopular and go through budgets and start to cull the unnecessary. This is a huge bone of contention because nobody wants to bailout the spend thrift when they have already done the dirty work.

The $600 is a bone of contention because people are also getting the State unemployment benefits on top of it. For example my wife's cousin is 21 years old, lost his job, lives at home with his parents and pulls in $350.00 a week from the State of NC but with the $600.00 on top of it is making money hand over fist. All to just sit at home and then go out and party. Whilst the "essential" workers have largely been fecked through all of this. Without incentive to work many people will try to milk this for as long as possible, so the pay is rightfully being reduced as people were making more on the dole then what they were working.

The big hold up or what I am under the impression is the big hold up was the almost trillion dollars the Dems wanted for State and Local government aid. As you are well aware the States have to balance the budget and are not allowed to run a deficit like the Federal Government is. Many states like mine have been making some very painful cuts, while other states want to get the Feds to bail them out. So they don't have to do the unpopular and go through budgets and start to cull the unnecessary. This is a huge bone of contention because nobody wants to bailout the spend thrift when they have already done the dirty work.

The $600 is a bone of contention because people are also getting the State unemployment benefits on top of it. For example my wife's cousin is 21 years old, lost his job, lives at home with his parents and pulls in $350.00 a week from the State of NC but with the $600.00 on top of it is making money hand over fist. All to just sit at home and then go out and party. Whilst the "essential" workers have largely been fecked through all of this. Without incentive to work many people will try to milk this for as long as possible, so the pay is rightfully being reduced as people were making more on the dole then what they were working.
Wait...so Dems say to give money it’s a bad thing, Trump says he’ll give (the same money) it’s a good thing?

Glad we cleared that up.

Wait...so Dems say to give money it’s a bad thing, Trump says he’ll give (the same money) it’s a good thing?

Glad we cleared that up.
Trump cut them off at the knees and acted on what he could to essentially do some of the things the stimulus bill was to address. But he can't do things like issue stimulus checks. But he did fight for the common man, and thumb his nose at the Dems. Thus making him and the America First Agenda more popular.

The Devil is in the details.
The Dems were trying to use the bill as a way to fund pet projects and had it pegged at over 3 trillion. The GOP was shooting for a trillion even. The disagreement is how much to spend.

Trump cut them off at the knees and acted on what he could to essentially do some of the things the stimulus bill was to address. But he can't do things like issue stimulus checks. But he did fight for the common man, and thumb his nose at the Dems. Thus making him and the America First Agenda more popular.

The Devil is in the details.
The Dems were trying to use the bill as a way to fund pet projects and had it pegged at over 3 trillion. The GOP was shooting for a trillion even. The disagreement is how much to spend.
Political Bullshite!!!!

Stop drinking the orange cool aid and come on in for the big win.

Political Bullshite!!!!

Stop drinking the orange cool aid and come on in for the big win.
What win am I going to be part of?

The only thing I have managed to get out of being an "essential" is to watch my paycheck shrink by about 120 bucks a month.

At least with the payroll tax cut, that loss should be offset. A few hundred bucks might not be the same as a lump sum direct deposit, but it still can help out with expenses like school clothes and saving up for the rapidly approaching holiday season. For other people it puts food on the table.

Latest Threads