The Trump Presidency...

Any proof of this as the Trump investigation didn't turn up any.

Removing poling places and increasing the number of people who have to go to one that is further away and you have not got transport. Voter suppression?
Polling stations are expensive to set up and finding people to man them is not always easy. The number of ones that we had here were reduced by we are allowed to vote at any station in town, instead of having assigned stations. Makes it much easier now.

Polling stations are expensive to set up and finding people to man them is not always easy. The number of ones that we had here were reduced by we are allowed to vote at any station in town, instead of having assigned stations. Makes it much easier now.
No there not... get the National guards to defend Democratic rights by ensuring enough polling stations are open for everyone everywhere..... visit the UK where my polling problem is the pencil sharp enough and learn...

No there not... get the National guards to defend Democratic rights by ensuring enough polling stations are open for everyone everywhere..... visit the UK where my polling problem is the pencil sharp enough and learn...
We don't use pen and paper to vote, we have machines.

offog

LE
Do you not know abut rubbers and MI5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good argument for postal voting.

And the 'hanging chads' showed how well that worked!
I wasn't old enough to vote in that one. The machines we have been using are the spiffy touch screen types. But I will find out on the 18th of this month if they are the same ones or have been replaced. The primary is the election that counts for the State and Local offices.

offog

LE
The richest country in the world baulks at the expense of democracy that they wont to export to the world.

And no proof of ballot stuffing using machines then.

I wasn't old enough to vote in that one. The machines we have been using are the spiffy touch screen types. But I will find out on the 18th of this month if they are the same ones or have been replaced. The primary is the election that counts for the State and Local offices.
Jonesy, I admire the fact that you're going to turn out: as a great political philosopher (Steve Earle) told the crowd at a concert I had the privilege to be at, "If you didn't vote, don't bitch". But FFS, if the choice on the ballot paper (real, postal, virtual or whatever else) are a near certifiable lunatic or a 78 yo geriatric, I'm a little flummoxed as to why you'd bother in a country where it's not compulsory to vote.

counting a lot of mail ballots in a short period is easy.... trouble for the US is finding people that can count.

Jonesy, I admire the fact that you're going to turn out: as a great political philosopher (Steve Earle) told the crowd at a concert I had the privilege to be at, "If you didn't vote, don't bitch". But FFS, if the choice on the ballot paper (real, postal, virtual or whatever else) are a near certifiable lunatic or a 78 yo geriatric, I'm a little flummoxed as to why you'd bother in a country where it's not compulsory to vote.

We vote on multiple issues and offices, and they are important. Everything from sheriff to funding local issues, who goes to Congress and who gets to be President etc.

1596826146246.png

Here is a sample Republican ballot for the primary.

We vote on multiple issues and offices, and they are important. Everything from sheriff to funding local issues, who goes to Congress and who gets to be President etc.

View attachment 495305

Here is a sample Republican ballot for the primary.
Your system means that you are so f*cked. If you're stuck in the USA, I can understand why 'Pigs-Knuckle Wyoming in the Middle of Nowhere' is a desirable address.

Your system means that you are so f*cked. If you're stuck in the USA, I can understand why 'Pigs-Knuckle Wyoming in the Middle of Nowhere' is a desirable address.
Perks to living in BFN. But it does mean that we are given a voice which prevents a total disenfranchisement from the system. Using a popular vote would essentially mean we don't count, and that would not bode well at all.

But the NRA is the premier organization that is used to support the 2A from the very same people who want to abolish it. Death by a thousand cuts, and the NRA is an organization that has the means and money to fight those attempts.

It also happens that the NY AG campaigned to retaliate against the NRA.

So I think the woman has a politically motivated agenda.
there's been a strong stench of Fiscal corruption around the NRA for decades.

Then you might want to tell that to the GOP voters. But I would be careful, because we are America.
If you're taking it down to individual voter level, then you're in a minority - popular vote all over.

My Frau's parents are registered Republicans, always have been (future mother in law actually knows Babs Bush fairly well). They didn't / won't vote for trump, and from talking to them nor are their GOP friends.

Greenfly

On ROPS
On ROPs
If you're taking it down to individual voter level, then you're in a minority - popular vote all over.

My Frau's parents are registered Republicans, always have been (future mother in law actually knows Babs Bush fairly well). They didn't / won't vote for trump, and from talking to them nor are their GOP friends.
God Toppet, you really are the gift that keeps on giving my love.

They are also from Florida if I am correct?? If they have those kind of connections I would imagine they are not quite in the dirt league we peasants hail from. The establishment GOP hates Trump, but they are also part of why the man won.

It all depends on geography though. Out here I am with the majority. Lumping me in on a national level and I am in the slightly smaller minority.

The richest country in the world baulks at the expense of democracy that they wont to export to the world.

And no proof of ballot stuffing using machines then.
Democracy.... you call what you do Democracy? Even when the Democrats come into power and "fix it" it will NOT be Democracy....... bloody copy of a document over 200 years old and you all still pray to it though it has so many amendments it would turn a Porsche 911 into an articulated lorry.

Several Automated voting machines at the same location that don't work, and you can't call an engineer out? Tell me that is not seriously spooky.... And once again you are again pro-complaining instead of being pro-active....

Last edited:

Latest Threads