Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Makes no odds at all in the voting.
99% of NRA members probably vote Trump anyway.
The remaining few probably live in Democrat safe states.
The NY law might not like the NRA for its Trumpiness, but they are asking for it to be disbanded because it is not compliant with its financial responsibilities.
(Like certain Trump Organisation companies).
They aren't attacking Bubba and Cletus' Constitutional right to arm bears.
They are attacking an organisation whose executives have apparently been playing fast and loose with the membership fees.
All you need for that is a forensic accountant.

Cletus and Bubba can always join or form another shooters rights association.
One that doesn't rip off its membership.
Or will it be viewed as another attack in the 2A war? The NRA wields enormous political clout, and if it could be disbanded the pay off in spades would be epic.

But that is not the narrative being formed by the more conservative elements of society. Attack certain things and you quickly become the Anti Christ.
Even when you are a lifelong practicing Catholic whose piety is noted?
As opposed to those supported by a morally and ethically bankrupt pervert whose last visit to a Church involved tear gassing the priest and holding the Bible upside down?
Now THERE's a hint to which side the Anti Christ is voting.

Or will it be viewed as another attack in the 2A war? The NRA wields enormous political clout, and if it could be disbanded the pay off in spades would be epic.
No change to the Constitution at all.
If the NRA is compliant with its legal status, no problem.
If it is a corrupt, financially abusive organisation exploiting its membership, then the pay off will be to the benefit of the members. They can go and subscribe to MilitiasRUs or BLM instead.
It is their money.

No change to the Constitution at all.
If the NRA is compliant with its legal status, no problem.
If it is a corrupt, financially abusive organisation exploiting its membership, then the pay off will be to the benefit of the members. They can go and subscribe to MilitiasRUs or BLM instead.
It is their money.
But the NRA is the premier organization that is used to support the 2A from the very same people who want to abolish it. Death by a thousand cuts, and the NRA is an organization that has the means and money to fight those attempts.

It also happens that the NY AG campaigned to retaliate against the NRA.

So I think the woman has a politically motivated agenda.

offog

LE
The disorder being caused by certain segments of society in an attempt to get their way.
And I thought you were a Trump fan. The main protagonist seems to be Trump as he can't get his way even when he ignores the law of the land.

From what I have seen not many see this as an attack on the 2A. Who is the main funder of the NRA? When the NRA accounts are made public that will be interesting as it is supposed to be a not for profit organisation.

But the NRA is the premier organization that is used to support the 2A from the very same people who want to abolish it. Death by a thousand cuts, and the NRA is an organization that has the means and money to fight those attempts.

It also happens that the NY AG campaigned to retaliate against the NRA.

So I think the woman has a politically motivated agenda.
And the NRA has lost its way.
And a considerable amount of its members money.
So, ultimately in your view a corrupt organisation that agrees with you should be allowed to continue to be corrupt?
Or is a certain degree of corruption acceptable, allowable or expected in your favoured representatives?

In short, at what point does criminality Trump political correctness in your world? (See what I did there?)

But that is not the narrative being formed by the more conservative elements of society. Attack certain things and you quickly become the Anti Christ.

These conservative elements of society of which you speak. Would they be saying things like:

“It is now turning into a battle against radicals determined to destroy the very nature of society. Which adds quite a bit of motivation to put them down one way or another.”

And the NRA has lost its way.
And a considerable amount of its members money.
So, ultimately in your view a corrupt organisation that agrees with you should be allowed to continue to be corrupt?
Or is a certain degree of corruption acceptable, allowable or expected in your favoured representatives?

In short, at what point does criminality Trump political correctness in your world? (See what I did there?)
You think allegations from the left are factual and not politically motivated. Your Blinders are on, just in time for the weekend.

These conservative elements of society of which you speak. Would they be saying things like:

“It is now turning into a battle against radicals determined to destroy the very nature of society. Which adds quite a bit of motivation to put them down one way or another.”
Little more blunt, and less polite.

You think allegations from the left are factual and not politically motivated. Your Blinders are on, just in time for the weekend.
The NRA had a $27.8 million surplus in 2015.
The NRA had a $36.3 million deficit in 2018.
Assuming membership has not changed much over that period, it seems to have increased to 5.5 million, that means that there is a very big hole in the accounts, as rising income is offset by some fairly mysterious outgoings.

As my user name suggests, I used to be a tax man.
Something is rotten in the state of NRA.
I strongly suspect that the IRS will be along shortly looking at the finances of certain executives.

offog

LE
Can they not be both factual and political. By saying that every thing coming from the left must, by definition be a lie you are doing yourself a massive disservice. It is you that seems blinkered and unable to see what is going on in front of you face or you just discount it as the lefts lies.

Is covid19 real?
Has Trump mismanaged it?
Is Trump unable to understand what is going on or hold more that one fact in his head at any one time. I see from Fox news that the cases of children (under 18 ) have been climbing. Although they may not be hospitalised they do go home and pass it to those who are more likely to have a more harmful reaction and who in turn pass it onto others.
Trump seems to be unable to understand that you don't deg ill the next day but two weeks latter and all this time you are passing it onto others you meet.

The disorder being caused by certain segments of society in an attempt to get their way.
If those certain segments really get out of hand in their attempt to get their way, they might even chuck some tea in a harbour.

The NRA had a $27.8 million surplus in 2015.
The NRA had a $36.3 million deficit in 2018.
Assuming membership has not changed much over that period, it seems to have increased to 5.5 million, that means that there is a very big hole in the accounts, as rising income is offset by some fairly mysterious outgoings.

As my user name suggests, I used to be a tax man.
Something is rotten in the state of NRA.
I strongly suspect that the IRS will be along shortly looking at the finances of certain executives.

Do you think as an elected official it is wise to so blatantly state you are going to lead a witch hunt against an organization?

Can they not be both factual and political. By saying that every thing coming from the left must, by definition be a lie you are doing yourself a massive disservice. It is you that seems blinkered and unable to see what is going on in front of you face or you just discount it as the lefts lies.

Is covid19 real?
Has Trump mismanaged it?
Is Trump unable to understand what is going on or hold more that one fact in his head at any one time. I see from Fox news that the cases of children (under 18 ) have been climbing. Although they may not be hospitalised they do go home and pass it to those who are more likely to have a more harmful reaction and who in turn pass it onto others.
Trump seems to be unable to understand that you don't deg ill the next day but two weeks latter and all this time you are passing it onto others you meet.

By opening up the political front, you naturally bias people like me against the whole thing. So yes, the ballistic goggles replace the blinders and out comes the E tool.

COVID 19 is real. It has killed people. But the sky is not falling and life continues. But never before have we shut down for something that is responsible for less than one percent of the population's demise. The financial impacts outweigh the lock down benefits.

Has Trump mismanaged it? Trump does not have the ability to tell 50 states what to do or how to do things. States have their own very real powers. You would need to look at each one to see who has done well and who was screwed the pooch.

Do you think as an elected official it is wise to so blatantly state you are going to lead a witch hunt against an organization?
As an elected legal officer, do you think it would be negligent and incompetent NOT to inform the public that you are investigating an organisation within your jurisdiction with some very peculiar and possibly criminal financial practices?

Do tell.
Of course, if the NRA were registered in, say, Texas, it would be up to their law officials to Err... wilfully ignore the NRAs affairs.

But that would be what the Texan voters elect them to do. Err...

Latest Threads