The Trump Presidency...

offog

LE
I hope you bother to read the court judgement and then understand what was said.

I do like this.
In response to the US president, a spokesman for Orbis Business Intelligence said: “We are well aware that Donald Trump’s tweets are not to be taken as a serious comment on any kind of judicial or legal process.”
It was a civil matter not criminal.
Mr Justice Warby, who is based at the High Court, said more “energetic checking” should have been done into the cash delivery allegation.
It was about defamation of the two banker and the evidence produced in court could not support the claim.

So all those getting their knicker in a twist need to wind their necks in, there is absolutely no chance of extradition as Trump does not have a case. I would also think that his legal team will tell him to shut up, as if he continues to pursue the extradition he will need to provide evidence which will be heard in court which may not be a good idea as he does not run UK courts.

No. It is a good idea to compare a current president with a previous one.
I wouldn't.
Yours would fail comparison with all of them.
Even Nixon had the sense to resign.
Your buffoon is almost on the Idi Amin scale of malpractice.

ipso_facto

War Hero
@offog I'm aware his case in the UK was about libel. However, I hope he eventually ends up in prison for the role he played in the Russian hoax nonsense. I would take President Trump's tweets seriously. His giving indication what could possibly be coming down the pike.

I hope you bother to read the court judgement and then understand what was said.

I do like this.

It was a civil matter not criminal.

It was about defamation of the two banker and the evidence produced in court could not support the claim.

So all those getting their knicker in a twist need to wind their necks in, there is absolutely no chance of extradition as Trump does not have a case. I would also think that his legal team will tell him to shut up, as if he continues to pursue the extradition he will need to provide evidence which will be heard in court which may not be a good idea as he does not run UK courts.
Here's an idea. They come up with a decent reason for us to extradite our old spook Steel.

Then we explain that as the US seems to feel that extradition is not required for their spook to the UK after they kill people by dangerous driving, they can take their request and stuff it.

offog

LE
@offog I'm aware his case in the UK was about libel. However, I hope he eventually ends up in prison for the role he played in the Russian hoax nonsense. I would take President Trump's tweets seriously. His giving indication what could possibly be coming down the pike.
Please explain on what charge he will be extradited for.

The Treaty modernized the extradition relationship between the U.S. and UK and strengthened each country’s ability to extradite serious offenders wanted for a wide variety of crimes – including terrorism, other violent crimes, organized crime, and white-collar crime.

ipso_facto

War Hero
Then we explain that as the US seems to feel that extradition is not required for their spook to the UK after they kill people by dangerous driving, they can take their request and stuff it.
Don't fall off your chair but I agree the US has handled the dangerous driving situation wrongly. Her diplomatic immunity should be waved and she should be sent back to the UK. Although, she has an Interpol red alert on her so in effect restricting her travel abroad.

offog

LE
Don't know. There's more to come out about this skulduggery. My personal view is he should pay a price for being involved in putting the American nation through Hell for about 3 years.
In that case Trump should be first on the list.

Explain the difference between Trump and Ukraine and what Steel did or Trump asking the Russians to spy on his opponent and provide dirt.

Here's an idea. They come up with a decent reason for us to extradite our old spook Steel.

Yes but Murica rules the world and we must all do what they say.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yes, like the way Obama commuted the 70 year sentence of Fuerza Amaras responsible for six deaths and 150 attacks in the US.

Obama Granted Clemency to Terrorists and Traitors, But We’re Supposed to Be Angry at Trump's Pardons

So, Stone gets 40 months for lying to congress, obstruction and witness tampering. They sent out a swat team, amphibian team, press and the whole effing circus to arrest a 60+ year old man for those crimes. If this wasn't for show and intimidate and don't what is.
Surely if it's wrong for Obama to free these people it's also wrong for Trump to pardon excrescences like Lowrence or Gallagher?

Whataboutism just highlights the fact that Trump is at the very best no better than Obama.

Don't know. There's more to come out about this skulduggery. My personal view is he should pay a price for being involved in putting the American nation through Hell for about 3 years.
Talk about shooting the messenger for bearing bad news.
Someone who tried but failed to stop America from electing something that crawled out of the Pit, and failed, should be held responsible for YOUR actions.
America has done a thoroughly good job of putting itself through hell, mostly because of the utterly corrupt and incompetent idiot the Russians helped you elect.
Congratulations.
You want to arrest the man who tried to stop you committing the greatest self inflicted strategic disaster on the US since Pearl Harbor.
Donald Trump.

It's funny how anyone pointing out that Chump is a dick and a corrupt tosser should lose their jobs or get sent to prison without a trial but anyone found guilty of aiding and abetting President Covid and his clueless Klan should not be sent to a prison at all.

Poppycock

Old-Salt
Shit getting shit.
Trump has been calling for trials for lots of people.
None have happened. Because there are no charges that stand up.
Trials OF Trumps people happen quite frequently, and an astonishing number get found guilty.
How strange.
It's almost as if he uses threats of arrest to frighten people.
Yes I see your point

I did search for a thread on Special Relationship well and truly down the pan and this one was the closest result

You might not agree with Trump but you can't deny this is seismic news WRT that Special Relationship, and on the cusp of Brexit too. Nice.

Last edited:
I have a question for the American based Arrsers. In your opinion have the Democrats created a self fulfilling prophecy with Trump acting like a dictator?

I have a question for the American based Arrsers. In your opinion have the Democrats created a self fulfilling prophecy with Trump acting like a dictator?
Trump is not acting like a dictator. He just plays the game better then $hitbirds who oppose him. But part of the appeal of the man is his willingness to tell the other party to go piss up a rope. The Democrats are hell bent to socially engineer my country into something the vast majority don’t want. So the more they obviously try, the more candidates like Trump will brought forth to counter them.

If the Democrats were still like the party of old, Trump would have never made it in the White House. But here we are.

Trump is not acting like a dictator. He just plays the game better then $hitbirds who oppose him. But part of the appeal of the man is his willingness to tell the other party to go piss up a rope. The Democrats are hell bent to socially engineer my country into something the vast majority don’t want. So the more they obviously try, the more candidates like Trump will brought forth to counter them.

If the Democrats were still like the party of old, Trump would have never made it in the White House. But here we are.
The recent Supreme Court ruling proves otherwise.
Trumps defence was simply that because he was President, he was exempt from all investigation, even for offences before he was in office.
Basically, l'etat, ces't moi.
From day one Trump has considered his authority Imperial, and he has demanded total personal loyalty and obedience, while cheerfully breaking every law put in place explicitly to prevent a monarch ruling the United States.
What is really odd is that despite the average Americans greater familiarity with the law, and public love of "liberty" than in the UK, you idolise a man whose willingness use the law and his personal wealth to rip off, defraud, slander, and spitefully destroy anyone opposing him is something to be praised.

Trump aspires to be a dictator, but hasn't quite managed it.
He wants to be Putin, but has achieved Nero, golfing while the US burns.

Latest Threads