The Trump Presidency...

Very melodramatic!

The last 3 1/2 years have not been that bad when you take away the partisan rhetoric from the left and right (and twitter storms). Trump has done some good and some bad and I don't think there is very much policy his administration has done that the next Dem POTUS can not undo.
Shotgun effect... mention one good thing he has done good in his tenure and I will mention many that are bad, the new administration will be spending a year just rebuilding the decimated structured administration, after some serious house clearing. I hope loyalty to the Nation whilst under attack from enemies within since Jan 20th 2017 is more than it's own reward.

Last edited:
So, even with Trump's best efforts to pack out the Court with Bible bashing antiabortionist gun nuts, they still won't accept the Emperors arguments that he is immune from prosecution and investigation.
How ungrateful of them.
But they also appear to have backed up his claim that the House can not just investigate home just because they feel like it.
In short this is very likely to be kicked into the long grass until after November.

"Both 7-2 rulings were authored by conservative Chief Justice John Roberts. One ruling means that the subpoena issued to Trump’s long-term accounting firm, Mazars LLP, for various financial records to be turned over to a grand jury as part of a criminal investigation can be enforced.

But the court sidestepped a major ruling on whether three House committees could also obtain Trump financial documents under subpoena, giving Trump at least a short-term win. Litigation will now continue in lower courts"

And

"Roberts rejected both the broad arguments for presidential immunity made by Trump’s lawyers and the sweeping arguments made in favor of the House’s ability to investigate the president."

But they also appear to have backed up his claim that the House can not just investigate home just because they feel like it.
In short this is very likely to be kicked into the long grass until after November.

"Both 7-2 rulings were authored by conservative Chief Justice John Roberts. One ruling means that the subpoena issued to Trump’s long-term accounting firm, Mazars LLP, for various financial records to be turned over to a grand jury as part of a criminal investigation can be enforced.

But the court sidestepped a major ruling on whether three House committees could also obtain Trump financial documents under subpoena, giving Trump at least a short-term win. Litigation will now continue in lower courts"

And

"Roberts rejected both the broad arguments for presidential immunity made by Trump’s lawyers and the sweeping arguments made in favor of the House’s ability to investigate the president."
I hope they read the documents from a high building, when the jaw drops we don't want innocent casulaties.

Lessons to be learned.... if your a shyster, and not a very good one at that, running for President is not a good idea.... you might actually win.

Shotgun effect... mention one good thing he has done good in his tenure and I will mention many that are bad, the new administration will be spending a year just rebuilding the decimated structured administration, after some serious house clearing. I hope loyalty to the Nation whilst under attack from enemies within since Jan 20th 2017 is more than it's own reward.
All down to perspectives, lots of pro Republican news outlets and pundits out there for you to tap into and find out what they think Trump got right.
Find out why Reps like Trump and vote for him, then you will be able to argue a left wing perspective better and not revert to name calling.

As for your statement that it will take a year to rebuild the decimated administration, care to explain how you got to these figures and why you have so little faith in Joe Bidden's team?

Lessons to be learned.... if your a shyster, and not a very good one at that, running for President is not a good idea.... you might actually win.
Now this is bang on the nail!

Trump has spent FOUR decades complaining that businessmen can run the country better than politicians. I doubt he actually expected to win.

All down to perspectives, lots of pro Republican news outlets and pundits out there for you to tap into and find out what they think Trump got right.
Find out why Reps like Trump and vote for him, then you will be able to argue a left wing perspective better and not revert to name calling.

As for your statement that it will take a year to rebuild the decimated administration, care to explain how you got to these figures and why you have so little faith in Joe Bidden's team?
Like the Army.. you cannot build a good regiment overnight, you can build a regiment at the stroke of a pen, or even a ECG example sharpie.

PS. Have spent over 5 years getting all the perspectives...... call it my "Coronation Street or Eastenders" habit, have winnowed out the mad ones years ago and just stuck with the true nutters with shotguns defending their rights.

Last edited:
Seems there's quite a few of the 'big beasts' of the GOP apparatus they don't get on with.

'A new ad from the anti-Trump group of current and former Republican operatives attacks Republican Senators who have supported President Donald Trump. The "Lincoln Project" ad titled "Names" claims the Republicans will try to make you forget they supported Trump and tells viewers to "never, ever trust" the Senators again.

'The Senators targeted in the ad: Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Cory Gardner (R-CO), Martha McSally (R-AZ), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Joni Ernst (R-IA), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Susan Collins (R-MA), John Cornyn (R-TX), Jim Inhofe (R-OK), Mike Rounds (R-SD), Steve Daines (R-MT), Tom Cotton (R-AK).'

The lincoln project... A tiny superpac mostly funded by liberals like George and Ron conway. They are a blip and you quote them like they are a major player... Trump farts more money than they have made. I would gamble 99% of Registered Republicans have never heard of them.

And

Exactly. And Roberts isn't Conservative.

The lincoln project... A tiny superpac mostly funded by liberals like George and Ron conway. They are a blip and you quote them like they are a major player... Trump farts more money than they have made. I would gamble 99% of Registered Republicans have never heard of them.
Enough money makes a wrong thing right? how much blood on the street before you can't ignore it.... How about the tea party/faction? How about the decades old idea of "Policing your brass" now has dodgy concepts, like removing evidence from a crime?

Last edited:
Exactly. And Roberts isn't Conservative.
No, he is Conservative.
Just not an absolutely blinkered loyal unto death one.
If by Conservative you mean completely unhinged or just liable to support Trump, then no.

No, he is Conservative.
If by Conservative you mean completely unhinged or just liable to support Trump, then no.

Republicans should buy now! Supplies 3 of the things you desperately lack and fixes one.....There will be a rush post Nov 2020.

Last edited:
No, he is Conservative.
In your mind Conservative is unhinged.

3 other threads they missed there, see what I have to work with here.... at least the FSB pay you to just even troll the site...... prehaps a Spec CV is in the post?

I'm Conservative to you today, yesterday I was Labour, tomorrow I will vote Zaphod Beeblebrox as ruler of the Galaxy.... or you can just stop being an arrsehole for a day......but why spoil a perfect record.

Last edited:
No, in my mind Conservatism has been abandoned by those who claim it.

It is in the words. You want to "conserve" the status quo. Minimal change. Gentle evolution.

(As opposed to Preservativism, which wants stagnation or regression. A vice in most Little Englanders).

Trump and his cult are NOT Conservative, even by American standards.
They aren't even Republicans, as the Republican Party of even ten years ago would have thought.

There is so little rational thought in the Trump programme, you can't even call it Trumpism. He changes his mind every thirty seconds. His only consistent themes are hatred for Obama, and contempt for everyone else.

They have abandoned all economic and social standards, in favour of some strange weirdo personality cult that spends like fury on mad things like pointless walls, uprooting every free trade deal they have ever signed, distancing their allies, while conniving with hostile foreign powers to undermine American standing world wide. It is a sign of their insanity that some of their most enthusiastic supporters are heavily armed militiamen who quite literally want to bring the nation down into a second civil war. These aren't conservatives. They are revolutionary traitors in the making.

Trump and his followers wouldn't recognise a Conservative if it bit them.

Anyway...... the reason Trump does not get the full daily briefings is because :-

A: He doesn't Fcuking read them.

B: The rare incidents brought to his attention have resulted in horrendous incorrect decisions over Twitter giving secret information.

So..... they few remaining sensible White House staffers decided........"No news IS good news"..... puts the Signals out of a job..... expect redundancies.

Last edited:
No, in my mind Conservatism has been abandoned by those who claim it.

It is in the words. You want to "conserve" the status quo. Minimal change. Gentle evolution.

(As opposed to Preservativism, which wants stagnation or regression. A vice in most Little Englanders).

Trump and his cult are NOT Conservative, even by American standards.
They aren't even Republicans, as the Republican Party of even ten years ago would have thought.

There is so little rational thought in the Trump programme, you can't even call it Trumpism. He changes his mind every thirty seconds. His only consistent themes are hatred for Obama, and contempt for everyone else.

They have abandoned all economic and social standards, in favour of some strange weirdo personality cult that spends like fury on mad things like pointless walls, uprooting every free trade deal they have ever signed, distancing their allies, while conniving with hostile foreign powers to undermine American standing world wide. It is a sign of their insanity that some of their most enthusiastic supporters are heavily armed militiamen who quite literally want to bring the nation down into a second civil war. These aren't conservatives. They are revolutionary traitors in the making.

Trump and his followers wouldn't recognise a Conservative if it bit them.
I would agree Trump isn't a true conservative - But Republican, yes.

Its funny - I know and read a bit about the militia types...Very few Are Trump fans and a lot aren't even Republican. How you link them is only through your rainbow tinted glasses...

And the wall and strong borders is very popular with the people that voted him into power - just not globalists and open border weenies. As is renogotiating trade deals made by previous policiticains who were neglecting the position afforded to them to make strong deals and mitigate the threat of China.

Stop with the Hyperbole ( Trump cult etc) and people might take your posts seriously but you come across as a deranged TDS banshee with a slight odur of stale urine.

So, even with Trump's best efforts to pack out the Court with Bible bashing antiabortionist gun nuts, they still won't accept the Emperors arguments that he is immune from prosecution and investigation.
How ungrateful of them.
He doesn't know them, he's never met them, they're all losers, etc., etc.

Trump is Trump, party of one with 100% membership... if the Conservatives want to tag along....so long as they are willing to pay big bucks to bask in his orangey glow. Trump was an arrsesole before he was President, Trump is an arrseole as President and I fully expect him to run true after Jan 2021.

If he was really rich, not like pretend rich.... he might have been a better person... but I have trained dogs more intelligent than Donald.

Last edited:
How is the wall getting on? Is it big and beautiful yet?

Or has it just boiled down to a few repairs?