The Trump Presidency...

As a lover of things in Red American states, I wonder whether IF has holidayed in Florida recently?
Only if there had been reports that these Brain-eating amoeba were starving to death.

How many scripts have they sent you to repeat?
What "They" is this?

There is no "They".
There is no Deep State. (Unless you live in Turkey.)
There is no QAnon. (Just some loonies.)
There is no Great Awakening.
There is no Wall.
There is no drained swamp.

Unlike you I can think for myself based on the evidence.
(Note I say "think" not "hallucinate and repeat groundless conspiracy theories")

ipso_facto

Old-Salt
What "They" is this?

There is no "They".
There is no Wall.

(Note I say "think" not "hallucinate and repeat groundless conspiracy theories")
You're not convincing anyone.

What do you know of these groups beyond what is reported in the media and on the internet?
By their works shall you know them.

And their incoherent ravings on social media.

Let's put this bluntly.
Not only is the Trump fanbase full of the very worst examples of American society, who are willing and eager to condone Trump's ghastly record because he literally speaks for them because he is them.. -the crude, the ignorant, the racist, the spiteful, the resentful, the oafish, the dishonest, the stupid..

His followers are actively trawling and recruiting the mentally ill.
There is no such cult like devotion to Internet conspiracy anywhere else in the world.
Until Q the most pernicious nonsense on the net was the DIY Islamic terrorism crap produced by AQ and IS that radicalised sad losers into wannabe martyrs.

Now you have something more pervasive, even less convincing, and yet American politicians are actively courting the unhinged who believe in it.

Objection....
You are just the Left Wing Yin to IF's Yang.

You both need each other to survive.
Amusing.

I own a black shirt, but that doesn't make me one.
Likewise, I own a jacket, but it isn't fitted with wrap around sleeves.

I am actually quite right wing by most standards, but not uncritically so.
And IF is clearly dependent on medication he doesn't take, and I am not.

I could survive very happily without IF, for a simple reason. I am a rational human being.

offog

LE
Again what would you have trump do? Declare war? nuke Moscow? its easy to say hes doing nothing, but what can you actually do short of war and killing russians?

Sanctions? Looked at as weak by many of you
Rude letter?
Sanctions worked. You can see that by looking at what Putin did to try and get them lifted.

The letter, dated April 3, says Russian aid provided in support for European countries to tackle the health emergency caused by coronavirus is part of "public relation campaigns" aimed at having the EU sanctions reviewed or lifted.
The sanctions contributed to the collapse of the Russian ruble and the Russian financial crisis.[5] They also caused economic damage to a number of EU countries, with total losses estimated at €100 billion (as of 2015).[6] As of 2014, Russia's Finance Minister announced that the sanctions had cost Russia $40 billion, with another $100 billion loss in 2014 taken due to the decrease in the price of oil the same year driven by the 2010s oil glut.[7] Following the latest sanctions imposed in August 2018, economic losses incurred by Russia amount to some 0.5–1.5% of foregone GDP growth.
The French resolution, which has no direct impact on France's or the EU's policy, was brought forward by Thierry Mariani, a pro-Russian member of the center-right Les Républicains party, and Nicolas Dupont-Aignan, a hard-right independent MP, among others. Both have denounced the sanctions as being bad for the French economy and particularly for farmers, who can no longer export their produce to Russia.

The French political class has a significant and vocal pro-Russian cadre, including former prime minister François Fillon and far-right leader Marine Le Pen, whose party is largely funded via loans from Russian-backed banks. Former French president and center-right party leader Nicolas Sarkozy called for a lifting of western sanctions against Russia last October, when he met Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow.
Russia has been squealing like a stuck pig over these and doing all it can to divide the EU to get sanctions lifted.

But that's not the point. The point is that the WH lied about it and came up with the most ridicules reason why Trump was not told.

What "They" is this?

There is no "They".
There is no Wall.

There is just politics, plan and simple.
Through out history there has always been people working in the civil service that have not fully supported the government if the day and have worked to undermine it. Internal politics does not sound as sexy as "deep state" or "Qanon" or a cabal of jews/globalists/lizard men.

To combat internal politics we do not need a great political "awakening", we just just need departments to follow existing policy on not bringing politics into the work place and this is where the Reps and Dems are falling down.

If Trump is fighting the "Deep State" then so did Obama because there where a lot of Reps left in powerful places from the Bush Jr administration, or it's just normal internal Partisan politics.

Had Trump had previous political experience he would have known how to handle disruptive forces. If he gets a second term he will be better equipped to deal with disruptive forces.

The whole situation reminds me of the McCarthy witch/Communist trials, but now both sides of the house are playing the role of the witch finder general.