The Trump Presidency...

A) you don't know who Bidens team is so that's just supposition.

B) The democrats have a much better record of creating a good economy & reducing the deficit don't they?

C) Trump doesn't have a team and why would he would he when he knows more than anyone about everything !
I know Biden will be an absent minded figurehead, so not really different then what we have now. But the ideals that his side believe in, are unpopular to say the least.

NAFTA and the Obama economy linger in the minds of many. Nothing to really use as a shining beacon. With the Dems lurching ever leftward, I don’t care to participate in wealth redistribution.

Trump does have a team, and we know both it. He gets the spotlight but they do the heavy lifting.

"Past success does not guarantee future performance."

Or should I say lack of past success is guarantee that it will be any different in the future.

Can you name any economical success by Trumps highly place and competent team?

Last I heard he was going to put tariffs on EU cars a number of which are owned by US companies.

Go Trump, Go Trump, Go Trump, GO. That will sort the EU out. Out of interest how many counties has Trump started a trade war with?
Before COVID and the Oil War the economy was doing quite nicely.

Trump has been hashing it out with the other two major trade blocs. As we have seen with Germany they remain firmly on his $hit list. Depending on where the 9500 are moved will answer some questions here.

But at least they won’t pursue the idiocy of a “Green New Deal”.
Oh yeah, THAT Green Deal
The goal of the Green New Deal is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in order to avoid the worst consequences of climate change while also trying to fix societal problems like economic inequality and racial injustice.

What a stupid idea that is.

Anywhooo, wasn't it a plan put forward by a dem & a republican that got tossed out a long time ago?

Either way, thats for Americans to decide what they want in November and according to your republican mantra the president is allowed to do 'whatever' he wants to do based on Article 2 without Congress oversight and without the truppits being able to bitch about it. :)

There is one delusion, from a European perspective, that most Americans seem to be labouring under - that Democrats are in any way shape or form Left Wing.

And Trump referring to them as the 'far left' or the 'radical left' is just rabid.

They may be slightly to the left of the Republicans but they are still firmly on the right wing by any objective standard.

But at least they won’t pursue the idiocy of a “Green New Deal”.
Sorry, I misread your first.
Trumps "team" is indeed far better suited to making a goatf***k of the economy.
They have made a goatf***k out of everything else they have touched.

offog

LE
Before COVID and the Oil War the economy was doing quite nicely.

Trump has been hashing it out with the other two major trade blocs. As we have seen with Germany they remain firmly on his $hit list. Depending on where the 9500 are moved will answer some questions here.
So Trumps personal vendetta against German outweighs what's good for the country.

Key takeaways:
  • Auto-related trade currently accounts for 8% of total trade in goods between the EU and US.
  • Today, the US is the fourth biggest exporter of cars to the European Union: 19% of the total value of US car exports heads for the EU, representing 12% of EU car imports by value.
  • The other way around, the United States is the number one destination for EU-built cars, accounting for 29% of the total EU export value and 25% of US global car imports by value.
  • In 2018, EU-owned automobile manufacturers made 3 million passenger cars in the United States, accounting for 27% of total US production.
  • At their US plants, EU car makers provide jobs to almost 120,000 Americans across the United States, including in South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
And the biggest car manufacturer in the US is...........

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., often abbreviated as FCA, is an Italian-American multinational corporation and is the world's eighth largest auto maker.[5] The group was established in October 2014 by merging Fiat and Chrysler into a new holding company. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' corporate headquarters is domiciled in Amsterdam, and the financial headquarters are in London, both for tax purposes.[6] The holding company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Milan's Borsa Italiana.[7] Exor N.V., an Italian investment group controlled by the Agnelli family, owns 29.19% of FCA and controls 44.31% through a loyalty voting mechanism.

So Trump cutting off the USAs nose just on a whim to spite Germany. GO TRUMP GO.

From 2000 the US unemployment rate went up till 2008 then it took a steady steep decline. Did Trump do anything to help this decline or just play golf.

Now what great job creation deals has Trumps team done in the last 4 year besides employing Mexicans to build his fence/wall.

So Trumps personal vendetta against German outweighs what's good for the country.

Key takeaways:
  • Auto-related trade currently accounts for 8% of total trade in goods between the EU and US.
  • Today, the US is the fourth biggest exporter of cars to the European Union: 19% of the total value of US car exports heads for the EU, representing 12% of EU car imports by value.
  • The other way around, the United States is the number one destination for EU-built cars, accounting for 29% of the total EU export value and 25% of US global car imports by value.
  • In 2018, EU-owned automobile manufacturers made 3 million passenger cars in the United States, accounting for 27% of total US production.
  • At their US plants, EU car makers provide jobs to almost 120,000 Americans across the United States, including in South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
And the biggest car manufacturer in the US is...........

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., often abbreviated as FCA, is an Italian-American multinational corporation and is the world's eighth largest auto maker.[5] The group was established in October 2014 by merging Fiat and Chrysler into a new holding company. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' corporate headquarters is domiciled in Amsterdam, and the financial headquarters are in London, both for tax purposes.[6] The holding company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Milan's Borsa Italiana.[7] Exor N.V., an Italian investment group controlled by the Agnelli family, owns 29.19% of FCA and controls 44.31% through a loyalty voting mechanism.

So Trump cutting off the USAs nose just on a whim to spite Germany. GO TRUMP GO.

From 2000 the US unemployment rate went up till 2008 then it took a steady steep decline. Did Trump do anything to help this decline or just play golf.

Now what great job creation deals has Trumps team done in the last 4 year besides employing Mexicans to build his fence/wall.
If a good portion of the troops are moved to Poland, then NATO will be ok. If they all return Stateside, then Winter is coming and it was nice knowing you all.

Pre
COVID the unemployment rate was below 4 percent. Not to shabby.

If a good portion of the troops are moved to Poland, then NATO will be ok. If they all return Stateside, then Winter is coming and it was nice knowing you all.

Pre
If a good portion of the troops move to Poland, that will further encourage Warsaw's belligerent attitude to Russia, which will continue to compromise Europe's security because of a confrontational rather than a constructive relationship with Russia. I'm not saying that the latter is actually possible, but a zero sum game rather than even attempting a win-win relationship will guarantee no increased security on the continent of Europe.

If the troops return stateside, it will be for perceived economic benefit (although while moving families to Europe is expensive, living in Poland is relatively cheap, so one factor may cancel out the other).

If a good portion of the troops move to Poland, that will further encourage Warsaw's belligerent attitude to Russia, which will continue to compromise Europe's security because of a confrontational rather than a constructive relationship with Russia. I'm not saying that the latter is actually possible, but a zero sum game rather than even attempting a win-win relationship will guarantee no increased security on the continent of Europe.

If the troops return stateside, it will be for perceived economic benefit (although while moving families to Europe is expensive, living in Poland is relatively cheap, so one factor may cancel out the other).
But I worry more about the latter course of action. If finances are dictating this abrupt change in course, then South Korea will be next in line.

Do you honestly think Poland cares much about Western Europe’s national security desires? Honest question because I don’t think they do and they would love to absorb American forces. Then moderate their attitude towards Moscow.

offog

LE

Pre
Which is why I did not mention it and pointed out that the figures had been going down steadily since 2008. The question was what had Trump's team done to continue this downward trend.

My point was that to impress lobster fishing lobby he is going to attack the EU car industry which employ over 120,000 US workers and the biggest US auto manufacturer.

offog

LE

I have never been quite sure but does the German government pay anything towards the upkeep of foreign forces in the country.

I have never been quite sure but does the German government pay anything towards the upkeep of foreign forces in the country.
Not sure either (but I don't think so), but the German economy certainly gains some benefit, although on large bases like Ramstein where shop transactions are in USD, the average American can hermetically seal his/her self away from the foreigners, so it's minimal.

I know Biden will be an absent minded figurehead, so not really different then what we have now. But the ideals that his side believe in, are unpopular to say the least.
You still don't quite get this "democracy" thang do you Steamy.

These "ideals"seemed rather popular in the last presidential election.

Even with an unpalatable choice as party leader.

The ideals were maybe not as attractive to a few hundred old duffers who overwrote the popular plebiscite.

Actually, thinking about it, could the EC overrule the popular vote in favour of the winner if it was, say, split 90/10? Is there a cut-off point? Genuine question (although I don't GAF about the answer to actually look it up).

There is one delusion, from a European perspective, that most Americans seem to be labouring under - that Democrats are in any way shape or form Left Wing.

And Trump referring to them as the 'far left' or the 'radical left' is just rabid.

They may be slightly to the left of the Republicans but they are still firmly on the right wing by any objective standard.
true, in most western countries, the Democrats would be so far to the local right as to be unelectable.

offog

LE
Not sure either (but I don't think so), but the German economy certainly gains some benefit, although on large bases like Ramstein where shop transactions are in USD, the average American can hermetically seal his/her self away from the foreigners, so it's minimal.
It was same with our Bn, some families would not shop out side the NAAFI probably more because of the language problem.

My SiL comes from outside Minden and the general population where not very happy once they realised how much money we spent in the town and area and they were less than happy about who took over the barrack once we left. Be careful what you wish for.

offog

LE

The ideals were maybe not as attractive to a few hundred old duffers who overwrote the popular plebiscite.

Actually, thinking about it, could the EC overrule the popular vote in favour of the winner if it was, say, split 90/10? Is there a cut-off point? Genuine question (although I don't GAF about the answer to actually look it up).
I seem to think that this came up 4 years ago and it depends on which state. Some must follow the majority vote and some do as they please.

Do you honestly think Poland cares much about Western Europe’s national security desires? Honest question because I don’t think they do and they would love to absorb American forces. Then moderate their attitude towards Moscow.
An honest question deserves an honest answer.

I think Poland cares a great deal about Europe's national security. A really big great deal. You could say the bigliest.

Poland has been Europe's battlefield since 1812. I don't think it wants to be the next time.

It has also had the most stability it has ever had, having previously been chopped up and shared between the big European powers. It might like that stability to continue.

The EC will always Trump the popular vote. But the disparity will never be that high. If a party wins 90 percent of a States voters then it is game over.

An honest question deserves an honest answer.

I think Poland cares a great deal about Europe's national security. A really big great deal. You could say the bigliest.

Poland has been Europe's battlefield since 1812. I don't think it wants to be the next time.

It has also had the most stability it has ever had, having previously been chopped up and shared between the big European powers. It might like that stability to continue.
The Poles care about Polish National Security and view America, as the only party that can guarantee that the Russians leave them alone.

Latest Threads