The Trump Presidency...

I was just about to ask the same question that @3ToedSloth asked.

So I will rephrase it as your answer was complete nonsense.

What do you specifically define as "the Swamp".
Nonsense; yes its hard to define something, that doesn't exist. Its merely an encapsulation of a sense by many, who think that authority and the democracy that underpins is broken and is almost or completely irredeemable.

You have those who voted trump to drain the swamp.
You have more who want trump out and only give respect earned and wish to drain trumps swamp.
In 4 years time, it will drain trump2 swamp, or bidens swamp.
Then ultimately democracy will be so far gone that bad outcomes really would start to come true.

On the subject of his re-election chances, will there be many people who voted Democrat last time deciding to vote for him this time instead?

Surely his base can only have shrunk, or am I wrong about that?

mcphee1948

War Hero
I think he'll get elected, he's no credible opponent to show him up. The fact he and Biden are the best on offer would concern me deeply if I lived there.
Yes, all Trump has to do is keep his head down. And let the Democrats destroy themselves as a credible opposition. Rather like the Labour Party surrendered its electoral chances, by proffering Corbyn as a credible PM.

On your point about being "deeply concerned", I agree that there's nobody who seems much worth voting for.
Isn't that the fault of the modern media? They remorselessly expose every candidate for office as a worthless person.

Except 50% of the population disagreed and were then pretty much told to a: shut up or b: be considered traitors by those lovely brexit people.
Were they're told to shut up ? it took two General Elections, two prime ministers and a European election just to get into a transitional phase.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yes, all Trump has to do is keep his head down. And let the Democrats destroy themselves as a credible opposition. Rather like the Labour Party surrendered its electoral chances, by proffering Corbyn as a credible PM.

On your point about being "deeply concerned", I agree that there's nobody who seems much worth voting for.
Isn't that the fault of the modern media? They remorselessly expose every candidate for office as a worthless person.
He doesn't even have to keep his head down, something he's not capable of either. just rely on Biden being his opponent and hope an act of God doesn't make the Dems supply something better.

On the subject of his re-election chances, will there be many people who voted Democrat last time deciding to vote for him this time instead?

I doubt his base has shrunk at all (for all my postings reasoning), the recent looting has probably helped a bit and the democrats need to get more new voters out and turnout up and its possible they're will do it.

The worst circumstance is a repeat of Bush/Gore and a hung result depending on the courts and the media will probably tip it to biden and cue furious 4 years of hate coming from the other way.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ooooooooooo...

I think you do, given you spend time trying to figure out if I've been on the site before or not.
It's pretty obvious, a stupid sock is a stupid sock, which one is tricker there's so many mongs like you

Absolutely.... Metacognition is the practice of looking beyond a thing and the essence of conspiracy is trying to make sense of a thing. So we have a problem and that problem has resulted in the election of Trump and Putin(just for helm) and is driving populism everywhere (hector defines it as fascist).

The objective truth is populism is not the answer and so it must be confronted on every front. All that achieves is more polarisation and that problem gets bigger.
You sound more and more like Bugsy as each day passes.

Absolutely correct. Bunker Boy has done absolutely zip to keep the undecided voter
on board. He may regret that decision come November.

It's pretty obvious, a stupid sock is a stupid sock, which one is tricker there's so many mongs like you
Ipso NON FACTO is either a clone of Labrat or a very close relative.

ipso_facto

Old-Salt
Oh my!

I have a serious question though, you seem to be on this thread quite a lot, so I wonder what is your interest in The Trump Presidency?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh my!

I have a serious question though, you seem to be on this thread quite a lot, so I wonder what is your interest in The Trump Presidency?
It's amusing, watching mongs like you trying to excuse his latest crassness.

Sweet baby feckin Jesus...

mcphee1948

War Hero
This internecine squabbling is entertaining. Kinda like a civil war on ARRSE. I suppose it was bound to happen.
After all, you military people are trained to fight. So in the absence of a foreign enemy, you fight each other.

As a civilian, I find the aggression displayed here very good.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sweet baby feckin Jesus...
First quote down rather nails it
" I'm going out on a limb here, but I assume George would conclude it would be a better day if he were still alive. "

That said it may be a misquote of what he said which is marginally less crass

Latest Threads