The Trump Presidency...

3ToedSloth

Old-Salt
I'm all eyes.
In your own time.
If this is really news to you, then you're in for a treat. Plenty more links out there:

Here's some thoughts from Mitt Romney on Trump vodka, Trump Hotels, Trump University, Trump airlines, Trump magazine, Trump steaks. Trump mortgage.

His own personal lawyer has called him a conman under oath:

Spending has increased under Trump:
1591301486883.png

On the other hand we have the following:

Attachments

offog

LE
Has an adult taken his phone off him or has his accounts been closed down. Has he made any comments today?

Has an adult taken his phone off him or has his accounts been closed down. Has he made any comments today?
No signal in the White House bunker?

'The FAA had a flight plan that scheduled Air Force One to deliver President Donald Trump to his club in Bedminster, New Jersey for a weekend of golf. That has now been withdrawn, though it isn’t clear if it was as a result of backlash as police said they didn’t expect any problems.'

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
One is a professional politician who has built his life around community organising and could smarm the pants off a party of KKK on a good day. The other, has dedicated his life to making money, to the exclusion of any humanity.

Who is the right man to turn an economic recession, bordering on depression back into a flourishing economy ?
The one with at least half a brain cell ?

Or the one who has alienated anyone who has worked for him, with more than half a brain-cell?

Hmmmm.....uh...trick question right ?

What apart from him actually tweeting it and actual photos of the White house in darkness? You're either trolling or that stupid at this point.

Trawling his twitter and can't find it mate
Some "news" sites saying it was a radio interview, no sign of that either.

Are you sure you aren't being trolled, just not by me.

I did find this...

I KNEW IT!

This ones for you @PhotEx, since you have a white sheet fetish hehe

Do you know who that old **** is with Creepy "you ain't black" Joe Biden?

Robert Byrd, Founded the KKK Sophia, West Virinia Chapter and went on to filibuster the 1964 civil righst act.

I can see where Biden gets his gropeyness from.

Maybe we can save this for the "Biden Presidency" thread.

If this is really news to you, then you're in for a treat. Plenty more links out there:

Here's some thoughts from Mitt Romney on Trump vodka, Trump Hotels, Trump University, Trump airlines, Trump magazine, Trump steaks. Trump mortgage.

His own personal lawyer has called him a conman under oath:

Spending has increased under Trump:
View attachment 479513

On the other hand we have the following:

First off, Spending has increased across all fiat-based economies across the entire world, its the nature of the beast.
As you can see it was already rising during the last fella in the White House.

I already know about Trump's rise and falls and rise again, You do realize a lot was tied to economics, the busts and boons, Just like everything is.
I imagine you could say that about any business running today.

Ask Romney about his business dealings in and out of politics, he has a history. he is not one to talk.
Then ask why his aid was on the same Burisma Ukraine board as Biden's son and then wonder why he jumped ship in a failed impeachment based on a lie, I'm looking at you St Barry with illegal spying and fake dossiers paid for by the DNC from who else...Russia.
Weapons-grade projection, that's the best I can describe it.

You only know what you think you know because of the media, for 4 years they have pushed scandal after scandal and nothing materialized, did you ever ask why?
I mean its been literally back to back for 4 years.
If there was any truth in anything they were peddling we would still be hearing about it.
Well, we are, it's just the media are no longer interested in anything that doesn't suit the agenda or deflect from the DNC

Trump won an election fair and square, and just like Brexit we have seen the opposition never accept losers' consent.
The standard has been set, So when we no longer have functioning democracies, ask the mainstream media why you feel so angry, I'm sure they will have a distraction for you to gobble up.
And the now...scorched earth policy in effect, "by any means necessary" they said. Yep, The final stands before November, well maybe after another Chinese virus or two.

Did you ever think where we would be if Hillary got in?
I know one thing, #BlackLivesWouldntMeanADamnThing once she got their votes.

What apart from him actually tweeting it and actual photos of the White house in darkness? You're either trolling or that stupid at this point.
It was on Fox Radio.

Transcript and the actual audio, in which Mr Trump denies being instructed to go down to the bunker. The audio covering it is approx 3:12 to 5:50.

I'm assuming that this will turn out to be a deep fake recording engineered by Biden supporters who've somehow managed to infiltrate Fox Radio or something like that...

ipso_facto

Old-Salt
As the Lancet is the gold standard for publishing medical research I'm pretty sure they were familiar with and rigorous in confirming the protocols used, they do have a reputation to uphold after all and aren't prone to being involved in global conspiracies to stop President Trump from holding rallies.

I know Trump is familiar with The Lancet as he mentioned an article they published in December warning about the coming pandemic which he said the WHO ignored. This was news to The Lancet as they had not published any such warning and subsequently sent him a "bitch please" letter, I'm sure he will be calling it fake news once he gets off the links.
It seems the study has been retracted by The Lancet because "they were unable to complete an independent audit of the data...".

I thought the study was a bit iffy.

So much for the gold standard. As I predicted, the journal has damaged its reputation by getting politically involved. There's going to be more fall out for them because of this stupidity.

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/ar...avirus20&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's called 'Peer review' ....it's WHY journals like The Lancet are trusted sources.

Because if they publish something that later turns out to be unproven - which is a verdict in a Scottish Court - they will publish a retraction ......a bit like this one:

The Lancet takes issues of scientific integrity extremely seriously, and there are many outstanding questions about Surgisphere and the data that were allegedly included in this study. Following guidelines from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), institutional reviews of Surgisphere’s research collaborations are urgently needed.

The retraction notice is published today, June 4, 2020. The article will be updated to reflect this retraction shortly.

For The Lancet, verifiable facts are indisputable.

For Trump and his court of Yes-ters, the truth is infinitely malleable....

You crack on taking toxic anti-malarial drugs with a proven link to long-term hepatic system issues plus impairment of cognitive function, if that's your thing.

Personally, I will stick to the Jameson's. Slainte !

Trump is rich from his family inheritance and not his business acumen - if he'd invested this original money in an S&P500 tracker and gone to the golf course rather than play dealmaker, he'd most likely be 3-4 times richer than he is today. Six of his businesses have declared bankruptcy. Then there's all those corrupt dodgy deals and lawsuits on his track record too. In my view, that's not the right experience to run an economy.
If he took your advice, he would be like so many rich people who exist today in a protected bubble. Wall Street has become a vampire, which sucks the lifeblood out of the real world and is afloat on oceans of funny money printed, or extracted out of deriatives and is it any wonder, that despite corona and recession, the markets have continued to rise (against all economic theory).

Obama/Biden aren't capitalists, neither to an extent, is anymore your globalised market. Trump is a business throwback and an old fashioned ugly american first capitalist and if I was an american I would have more trust in a maverick like that, then any number of slick suited corporate executives who talk about humanity, george floyd and mental health, then offshore another 1000 jobs.

If he took your advice, he would be like so many rich people who exist today in a protected bubble. Wall Street has become a vampire, which sucks the lifeblood out of the real world and is afloat on oceans of funny money printed, or extracted out of deriatives and is it any wonder, that despite corona and recession, the markets have continued to rise (against all economic theory).

Obama/Biden aren't capitalists, neither to an extent, is anymore your globalised market. Trump is a business throwback and an old fashioned ugly american first capitalist and if I was an american I would have more trust in a maverick like that, then any number of slick suited corporate executives who talk about humanity, george floyd and mental health, then offshore another 1000 jobs.
I take it you prefer to carry out purchases with gold bars or coins?

Coming off the gold standard was a mistake.
Statement of fact or unfounded opinion?
It was an absolutely necessary measure to fund the massive industrial expansion and deficit spending necessary to fight the Great War.

If you needed to back every dollar bill and pound note with actual gold, then the war would have been lost by 1915.

Most economists reckon that Churchill made a catastrophic error in 1925 by going back onto the gold standard and paved the way for the great Depression of the 1930's.

Statement of fact or unfounded opinion?
It was an absolutely necessary measure to fund the massive industrial expansion and deficit spending necessary to fight the Great War.

If you needed to back every dollar bill and pound note with actual gold, then the war would have been lost by 1915.

Most economists reckon that Churchill made a catastrophic error in 1925 by going back onto the gold standard and paved the way for the great Depression of the 1930's.
I take it that was a quick google search ? I was in fact referring to 1971, when nixon ended the gold standard and since then, the vampires of wall street and elsewhere, have being able to produce enough funny money to create an artifical economy that matters more to politicians, than the real economy (the one where people live and work) and hence why the market is rising, despite a corona recession (greed is out of control).

On the gold standard itself, its a stabliser and was a decent firewall to prevent thieves from stealing from us. The point was in relation to GDP and growth, you can have a decent rise in GDP/Growth but its hurting people, whereas trump articulated a growth that was supposed to put money in peoples pockets after a days work.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I take it that was a quick google search ? I was in fact referring to 1971, when nixon ended the gold standard and since then, the vampires of wall street and elsewhere, have being able to produce enough funny money to create an artifical economy that matters more to politicians, than the real economy (the one where people live and work) and hence why the market is rising, despite a corona recession (greed is out of control).

On the gold standard itself, its a stabliser and was a decent firewall to prevent thieves from stealing from us. The point was in relation to GDP and growth, you can have a decent rise in GDP/Growth but its hurting people, whereas trump articulated a growth that was supposed to put money in peoples pockets after a days work.
Obviously we should have got all that from a vaguely phrased one line sentence. :rolleyes:

ipso_facto

Old-Salt
It's called 'Peer review' ....it's WHY journals like The Lancet are trusted sources.

Because if they publish something that later turns out to be unproven - which is a verdict in a Scottish Court - they will publish a retraction ......a bit like this one:

The Lancet takes issues of scientific integrity extremely seriously, and there are many outstanding questions about Surgisphere and the data that were allegedly included in this study. Following guidelines from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), institutional reviews of Surgisphere’s research collaborations are urgently needed.

The retraction notice is published today, June 4, 2020. The article will be updated to reflect this retraction shortly.

For The Lancet, verifiable facts are indisputable.

For Trump and his court of Yes-ters, the truth is infinitely malleable....

You crack on taking toxic anti-malarial drugs with a proven link to long-term hepatic system issues plus impairment of cognitive function, if that's your thing.

Personally, I will stick to the Jameson's. Slainte !
You are correct. A good journal will withdraw something that doesn't meet standards.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. When I read the study is raised some alarm bells for me, e.g. it being done in Turkey and the numbers tested, 92000 I believe, was just too large. Doing such a trial needs the resources and rigour of an Oxford University for instance.

Peer reviewed means they can come back with more questions. Personally, I would have waited and asked for more information and independent audit before publishing because this is such a hot political topic.

They have damaged their reputation because the editorial board indulged in Trump bashing regarding WHO. It was disgraceful.

Latest Threads