The Trump Presidency...

Bodenplatte

Old-Salt
Bit lazy here but in 1787 when the constitution was signed , slaves were the norm . So does the first paragraph of this memo mean “all” men and women are born free and equal or just those whites in charge at the time?

Has the constitution ever been amended to incorporate say, all men and women born in the USA are free and equal?

Any Arrses know as the slaves in the 1700,1800s might have a bone to pick.
Answer to your first question: Look up the Dred Scott v Sandford case which found its way to the US Supreme Court in 1857. I've referred to it recently somewhere else on the Forum, so won't repeat myself.

Second question: Thirteenth Amendment.

Is it me, or does that sometimes read like a precursor to a follow-up piece entitled 'why I shall be running as an independent candidate in November'?
Mattis is calling Trump for what he now is, a deranged tin pot dictator wanbabe who’s gone dangerously off the reservation and treating the American public as the ‘enemy’.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The White House press secretary has likened President Donald Trump's "resilience and determination" during the #GeorgeFloyd protests to Winston Churchill inspecting bomb damage during World War Two

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Mattis is calling Trump for what he now is, a deranged tin pot dictator wanbabe who’s gone dangerously off the reservation and treating the American public as the ‘enemy’.
Mattis or Matlis?

The White House press secretary has likened President Donald Trump's "resilience and determination" during the #GeorgeFloyd protests to Winston Churchill inspecting bomb damage during World War Two

yes, but was that Churchill inspecting the RAFs handywork?

Has El Presidente del Naranja tweeted an attack on General Mattis yet?

BigT

LE
For eight years?

Half the numpties on here are critical of Trump not fixing racism on top of an unprecedented global pandemic.

But Obama didn’t do anything but ruin the oil/gas industry for bluster about guns. And Obamacare - A tax on the middle class and wealthy to pay for healthcare subsidies, crappy websites, bloated costs and left wing programs.
How long do you think it would take to fix the eight years of Bush's mismanagement. You need to deduct four years of the GOP cutting it's nose off to spite its face rather than agree with anything that would benefit everyone. Do you remember how critical it was to the GOP to reduce the debt while Obama was in the chair and how its become inconsequential since 2016.

‘Yes , but when was the last slave ship to arrive in the good old USA ?

Oh 1859.
Has anybody asked the same question about Jamaica? Bet it's closer to 1833 than 1808.

How long do you think it would take to fix the eight years of Bush's mismanagement. You need to deduct four years of the GOP cutting it's nose off to spite its face rather than agree with anything that would benefit everyone. Do you remember how critical it was to the GOP to reduce the debt while Obama was in the chair and how its become inconsequential since 2016.
And how long do you think not would take to undo Obama’s policies of destroying the oil/gas industry and giving ‘green technologies enough GOV money to Compete with fossil fuels?

Trump ( with all his faults ) has been attacked by the media and democrats with a scorched earth policy that has soured the U.S population on all politics.

He was doing great on the economy until this pandemic Fuxxed it all. His work alone on reigning in China makes him worth a vote.

Snigger.......
Obama Townhall Viewership Surpasses Trump’s Newsmax Interview

President Barack Obama’s townhall Wednesday on police reform drew hundreds of thousands of concurrent viewers on YouTube, while President Donald Trump’s interview on Newsmax, which overlapped with Obama’s event, didn’t even break one thousand.

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer interviewed Trump for Newsmax regarding the state of the country amid widespread protests over the death of George Floyd. Obama addressed the same topic in a townhall put on by the Obama Foundation. Screenshots taken at 6:18pm EST, while both events were going on simultaneously, show Obama was pulling in just under 180,000 viewers, and Trump had just 518.
1591248451962.png

Newsmax Link

Last edited:
If James Mattis does run at least there'll be one candidate with integrity, decency and honestly about him.
It would probably just enable a Biden win, as it would take a lot of Trump votes.

For eight years?

Half the numpties on here are critical of Trump not fixing racism on top of an unprecedented global pandemic.

But Obama didn’t do anything but ruin the oil/gas industry for bluster about guns. And Obamacare - A tax on the middle class and wealthy to pay for healthcare subsidies, crappy websites, bloated costs and left wing programs.
How do you feel ? we live in an emotive world, where everybody is asked that question all the time. In the case of trump, people quickly formed a judgement of the man and his term is largely immaterial, based on what were told by the media, who present a warped misrepresentation he is a bad actor.

The numpties you refer too, want something from america.. Either some leadership for a mythical free world, which hasn't existed since the end of the cold war. US military power in the case of our ukranian friends, or simply a person who follows the accepted narrative and doesn't give hope to populists in other countries. (Is it a surprise he is so hated)

I said in an earlier posting I am not a trump supporter. I preferred rand paul. Trump seems to have redefined somewhat the job of the president, from first citizen to a person focused on economics and wealth creation, on that count he is probably the better man to drag america out of recession and I suppose it depends on what your priorities are.

How do you feel ? we live in an emotive world, where everybody is asked that question all the time. In the case of trump, people quickly formed a judgement of the man and his term is largely immaterial, based on what were told by the media, who present a warped misrepresentation he is a bad actor.

The numpties you refer too, want something from america.. Either some leadership for a mythical free world, which hasn't existed since the end of the cold war. US military power in the case of our ukranian friends, or simply a person who follows the accepted narrative and doesn't give hope to populists in other countries. (Is it a surprise he is so hated)

I said in an earlier posting I am not a trump supporter. I preferred rand paul. Trump seems to have redefined somewhat the job of the president, from first citizen to a person focused on economics and wealth creation, on that count he is probably the better man to drag america out of recession and I suppose it depends on what your priorities are.
I do like Rand Paul as well - I would identify myself as a Libertarian... of course the closest political party is the Republicans.

I base my vote On Supreme Court/District court picks - As the Democrat party stands,I would go and canvas for Trump and grab Old lady pussies, if it meant stopping them from being elected and picking another Ginsberg or Sotomayor.

I do like Rand Paul as well - I would identify myself as a Libertarian... of course the closest political party is the Republicans.

I base my vote On Supreme Court/District court picks - As the Democrat party stands,I would go and canvas for Trump and grab Old lady pussies, if it meant stopping them from being elected and picking another Ginsberg or Sotomayor.
Rand paul is a massive critic of trump and rightly so, as anyone can see that Trump pretty much fails at all the requirements of a president, he like many were appalled at trumps rise, but that rise was media driven.

On your voting, its the equivelent of the quote 'Render unto caesar what is caesars' i.e. countries are not ran by god, they're are ran by men/women who are mostly touched by political graft. So why not throw a grafter into the job with one focus 'Economics' and as you say, the spine to say and do unpopular things like put cavanaugh into a justice post.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.
General James Mattis, USMC (rtd)

This is a military site. Most of the folk who post on here have a military connection of some kind or another.

Mattis was formerly Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the most senior military man in the USA.

What part of his clear unambiguous words don't you get ?

It's a devastating indictment of US democracy that the only candidate you felt able to endorse was Donald Trump.

Drain the swamp my ass.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Yanks actually banned the importation of slaves in 1808, same year as Britain banned the trade.
And gaily continued with it in practice up until the 1860s....which is why the Royal Navy instituted the West African patrol in 1808 ( whilst still grappling with Bonaparte). It maintained an anti slavery patrol for 52 years....

' In 1819 the Royal Navy established a West Coast of Africa Station and the West Africa Squadron became known as the Preventative Squadron.[3] It remained an independent command until 1856 and then again 1866 to 1867. Between 1808 and 1860 the West Africa Squadron captured 1,600 slave ships and freed 150,000 Africans.

BBC - History - British History in depth: The Royal Navy and the Battle to End Slavery

By all means point the finger at Britain for its undoubted major role in the Slave Trade - but at least get your facts straight.

Last edited:
And gaily continued with it in practice up until the 1860s....which is why the Royal Navy instituted the West African patrol in 1808 ( whilst still grappling with Bonaparte). It maintained an anti slavery patrol for 52 years....

' In 1819 the Royal Navy established a West Coast of Africa Station and the West Africa Squadron became known as the Preventative Squadron.[3] It remained an independent command until 1856 and then again 1866 to 1867. Between 1808 and 1860 the West Africa Squadron captured 1,600 slave ships and freed 150,000 Africans.

BBC - History - British History in depth: The Royal Navy and the Battle to End Slavery

By all means point the finger at Britain for its undoubted major role in the Slave Trade - but at least get your facts straight.
Don't forget we didn't invent the trade.... We simply picked it up from the Spanish and the Arabs. Found it to be immensely lucrative and anything profitable, morals fly out of the window (see China).

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Apologies for the digression, fascinating as it is to a historian.

Re General Mattis and his comments ( delivered I have no doubt with suppressed fury)

Try turning the world upside down for a moment.

Imagine the reaction if Putin had done what the Orange One has done : putting Airborne Forces on the streets of the capital city.

' Ulyanovsk Guards Air Assault Brigade deployed in Moscow......President warns protester = terrorist '

' Pussy Riot members shot by paratroopers - self-defence says OC'

' Martial Law declared in Russia'

Gen Mattis - for those with short memories -was the man who sent US tanks onto the streets of Fallujah in Iraq.
1591261885997.png

A less unlikely candidate for wimpy, Lefty snowflake would be pretty hard to find.

Unlike the fake-tanned draft dodger in the Whitehouse Bunker, Mattis not only understands what the word 'battlespace' actually means but he spent most of his long and distinguished career there.

Is THIS what Trump wants to see on the streets of Washington DC? I doubt it.

Last edited: