The Trump Presidency...

You didn't see my post then? It's the smoked or sweet that makes it shit, not the bacon. I prefer back but like streaky.
No, sorry didn’t see that post. I like American bacon on the basis that I buy the best dogshit I can find, and it’s better than tofu or fvcking Quorn :)

But what about the Methicans....
I like to think of them as the US equivalent of the Eastern Europeans in the UK. They do the shit jobs for shit wages that no other cvnt wants to do, and clog up the education, healthcare and judicial systems. They‘re pretty fvcking good at drywall and tiling though, I‘ll give them that :)

Actually he does represent me. I voted for him. Not because I thought he would do a great job. I just thought he couldn't possibly do a worse job than either the non-entity before him or his opponent in that election. I'm also a believer in party politics, and he was the Republican candidate. Both parties fielded weak candidates, and it was an ugly choice.

If he's done poorly in any aspect, then I'm partly to blame. If he's done well in any aspect, then I'll take a teeny-tiny bit of the credit for electing him.

The one thing I will most definitely take a teeny tiny bit of credit for, is keeping the witch out.
Back in 2016; I took an interest and personally preferred rand paul and never much cared about Trump, who seemed to be morally a very dubious character. I still think he is a deeply unpleasant man, but its the equivalent of comparing the farmer and the pigs in animal farm(orwell), with the pigs(democrats) turning out to be worse than the farmer.

I like to think of them as the US equivalent of the Eastern Europeans in the UK. They do the shit jobs for shit wages that no other cvnt wants to do, and clog up the education, healthcare and judicial systems. They‘re pretty fvcking good at drywall and tiling though, I‘ll give them that :)
Probably told this one before, but a guy I know in the US has a gardening/landscaping business and cannot praise his Mexican workforce enough in comparison to US ones. Hard working and tend to look at his success (nice house, cars, etc.) as being something they can aspire to, rather than something to be jealous of and try and steal.

So taken, not conducted a tour of inspection then? The sort of tour of inspection that needs all the White House lights turned out so he can better get a feel for the ambiance of the bunker, which is delightfully bijou and handy both for the shops and the helipad? Give your head a wobble if that's the best you can do.
If asked by the secret service, until they're could determine the threat its perfectly reasonable to go down to the bunker and for your version to be true, you would have to show that he has being in the bunker in recent years, otherwise its perfectly reasonable to see that the tour was part of his visit.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If asked by the secret service, until they're could determine the threat its perfectly reasonable to go down to the bunker and for your version to be true, you would have to show that he has being the bunker in recent years, otherwise its perfectly reasonable to see that the tour was part of his visit.
I should wobble it harder comrade.

offog

LE
Together, with the confession of Prudence Lee, who was burnt in Smithfield on Saturday the 10th. of this instant for the murthering her husband: and her admonition and counsel to all her sex in general.
Murder not Witchcraft, try again.
When reading up on the burning of witches it appeared that a lot crimes had the penalty of burning. From what I read they stangeled them first as a favour then burnt them.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

For a photo opportunity outside a church.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
When reading up on the burning of witches it appeared that a lot crimes had the penalty of burning. From what I read they stangeled them first as a favour then burnt them.
Yup, I don't why England hung them exactly, something I must look into one of the days. At one point they used to boil poisoners alive as well.

Probably told this one before, but a guy I know in the US has a gardening/landscaping business and cannot praise his Mexican workforce enough in comparison to US ones. Hard working and tend to look at his success (nice house, cars, etc.) as being something they can aspire to, rather than something to be jealous of and try and steal.
A good half the labor on our house build was Hispanics. There’s only one error, they placed a wall 2” off at one end vs the other, and by the time it was noticed, it was way too late to fix it. Everything else is spot on. They got here at 7AM and worked until sundown. Weekends, holidays. I can’t fault them really. They have some odd practices though. We had a 20 ton dumpster on site for the duration. The tilers built a fire and burned the pallets that the tiles came on, rather than just putting them in the dumpster like all the other trades. On a Friday or Saturday night, they’d have their wives come over with a slab of beer and go swimming in the lake while they finished up for the day with a cold one. No complaints from me.

So are the Polish...but moving on;);) :salut:

Yup, I don't why England hung them exactly, something I must look into one of the days. At one point they used to boil poisoners alive as well.
The other side of the coin, so to speak.

'Burning at the stake in public was used in England & Wales to punish heresy for both sexes and for women convicted of High Treason or Petty Treason. Men who were convicted of high treason were hanged, drawn and quartered but this was not deemed acceptable for women as it would have involved nudity. High Treason included such offences as counterfeiting money and "coining" (the clipping of coins for pieces of silver and gold which were melted down to produce counterfeit coins), possession of coining equipment and colouring base metal coins (to pass them off as of higher value). Oddly, men who committed these same crimes suffered just ordinary hanging having been first drawn to the place of execution on a hurdle. Petty Treason was the murder by a woman of her husband or her mistress, as they were considered her superiors in law. In Scotland burning was the punishment for witchcraft (see later). It is not known when burning was first used in Britain, but there is a recorded burning for heresy in 1222, when a deacon of the church was burnt at Oxford for embracing the Jewish faith so he could marry a Jew.

'Although many people might associate burning at the stake with witchcraft, it was much less used for that offence in Britain than in other parts of Europe - particularly France, Switzerland and the Nordic countries. In England witchcraft was a felony and thus punishable by hanging. Alice Molland is thought to have been the last person to suffer for witchcraft, at Exeter in 1684. However, Scotland did burn witches and there are many recorded instances of both sexes suffering this fate.

'Between 1702 and 1734, 10 women were burned at London’s Tyburn. Two of these were for the Petty Treason murder of their husbands, and eight for High Treason, comprising two for possession of coining equipment, four for counterfeiting and two for coining itself. The last three women to be burnt for coining offences were executed outside London’s Newgate prison, these being Phoebe Harris on Wednesday, the 21st of June 1786, (Click here for a detailed account of her case), Margaret Sullivan on Wednesday, the 25th of June 1788 and Catherine Murphy (also known as Christian Bowman), who was put to death on Wednesday, the 18th of March 1789.'

My MIL's best friends own a successful landscaping business - all Latinos and 'legal' ( They produced papers....How legit they are., that's another story)

About two years ago, all the trucks/vans/equipment were stolen - Last seen crossing he border. Turned out it was an inside job.

They still only have Mexicans/Latinos as employees, as no one else will do that type of work. Most of the immigrants I hire, dont plan on staying here permanently. Its a make enough to send cash home/save to retire south of the border.

A lot seem to have a family in Mexico to support and a family here.

"Petty" Treason only disappeared off the books circa 1825 and burning was still there until 1790.

I don't know what it tells about the mediaeval and early modern mind that the harsher punishment of burning was reserved for women. Nothing good I'll wager.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
"Petty" Treason only disappeared off the books circa 1825 and burning was still there until 1790.

I don't know what it tells about the mediaeval and early modern mind that the harsher punishment of burning was reserved for women. Nothing good I'll wager.
Err they burned blokes at the stake too, equal ops innit!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you think The Donald will be staying up to watch
.@BarackObama to address the American people at 10pm UK time. Watch live on @skynews

Latest Threads