The Trump Presidency...

Anyway, back to El presidente:

'In a dizzying 24-hour span carefully choreographed to enrage his opponents, delight his supporters and boost ratings for his reality-TV presidency, Donald Trump’s production team turned to a handy prop Monday night and Tuesday: religion.

'On Monday night (June 1), the president appeared in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church across Lafayette Square from the White House, where, minutes earlier, armored police used smoke canisters to clear peaceful demonstrators as they were packing up to vacate in compliance with the city’s 7 p.m. curfew. After protesters — including clergy — were forcibly expelled from the area, Trump stood in front of historic St. John’s, which had been vandalized in a previous day’s unrest.

'On Tuesday, in advance of signing an executive order on international religious freedom, Trump’s handlers turned the St. John Paul II shrine in Washington into another campaign-style photo-op. '

I was kind of pleased to see Donald Trump get elected as President of the USA, borne purely out of seeing him put two fingers up to the political upper class, and proving the haters and doubters wrong. At first I thought he was doing okay, sorting out unemployment and kickstarting worn out industrial towns.

Now he has been around for a while I've seen him for what he actually is. He might be a whizz as a financial guru in the private sector, but as a politician he hasn't got a clue, is way out of his depth, can't speak or narrate without notes for shit. So I dont rate him at all as POTUS.

With the current unrest over the George Floyd killing, his skills as a politician are being shown for what they are, nonexistent.

So has Donald Trump fallen out of love with America, or has America fallen out of love with him?

Either way, I don't think he is going to get a second term in office unless the alternatives are worse than him.
I have the sneaky suspicion that trump will win.. He has in his left hand fear (violence on the streets is a gift, to motivate the middle of the country, who are tired of being called racists) and in his right, a not unfair idea, that he has more acumen to get the US economy moving again than his opponent..

Biden is a dreadful candidate and reminds me of michael foot, with ideas that are out of date and in the lead up to the vote, i expect the polls to shift.

'In a dizzying 24-hour span carefully choreographed to enrage his opponents, delight his supporters and boost ratings for his reality-TV presidency, Donald Trump’s production team turned to a handy prop Monday night and Tuesday: religion.

'On Monday night (June 1), the president appeared in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church across Lafayette Square from the White House, where, minutes earlier, armored police used smoke canisters to clear peaceful demonstrators as they were packing up to vacate in compliance with the city’s 7 p.m. curfew. After protesters — including clergy — were forcibly expelled from the area, Trump stood in front of historic St. John’s, which had been vandalized in a previous day’s unrest.

'On Tuesday, in advance of signing an executive order on international religious freedom, Trump’s handlers turned the St. John Paul II shrine in Washington into another campaign-style photo-op. '

The religious vote is important, why do you think biden was quoting the bible.

The religious vote is important, why do you think biden was quoting the bible.
I thought that Trump's appeal was more to Christian fundamentalists, so being seen standing in from of a statue of that servant of the Devil, the Illuminati and the organised deep state, a Catholic pope, would be a negative?

webRNS-Trump-Shrine1-060220-1200x800.jpg

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I thought that Trump's appeal was more to Christian fundamentalists, so being seen standing in from of a statue of that servant of the Devil, the Illuminati and the organised deep state, a Catholic pope, would be a negative?
Do you honestly think Trump knows there's more than one sort of Christian? Beside it was a long walk for him and then he's got to walk all the way back.

Just to clear up, I wasn't commenting on the merits of Obama care, just that it was a big change to things, a big part of his manifesto and a big part of what the electoral majority wanted to happen - and it was prevented by the system.

As someone said:'Rioting is the language of the unheard'.
I think the US healthcare system is excellent. As long as you have deep pockets / good insurance.
Otherwise don't get ill.
zWsNcAW.jpg

Trump has a desperate need to be re- elected, for several reasons.
Presidential immunity from prosecution.
While he is in power, the clock on the statute of limitations on several charges is running out.
The ability to pardon his Co conspirators is a great lever. "Stay shtum, and I will let you out when I can".
Egomania.

The ideal game plan would be another 4 years, then hand over to Pence, with the tacit understanding that he will pardon all Trump's remaining crimes, or close down prosecutions on "humanitarian" grounds.

Trump's idiot sons and his horrible son in law all know that they are in the Feds sights as soon as the Godfather is out of the White House.

No, Trump will fight tooth and nail.
He is too scared of being arrested for his multitude of crimes a week after being ejected, and his tacky property empire destroyed as an organised crime front.
While I understand where you are coming from, there is nothing stopping Trump standing down on medical grounds if he is likely to loose against Bidden. Pence becomes POTUS and pardons Trump. There is no need for him to run a second term to get pardoned.

Trump has been investigated and impeached the last 4 years and he is still a free man. If the Dems win do you really think they will waste time and effort fighting a political has been or will they switch targets to the new batch Reps blocking and resisting them?

offog

LE

View attachment 478997
I saw a report (within hte last two weeks) that 60% of catholics support Trump. That could change if the pope opens his mouth.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
While I understand where you are coming from, there is nothing stopping Trump standing down on medical grounds if he is likely to loose against Bidden. Pence becomes POTUS and pardons Trump. There is no need for him to run a second term to get pardoned.

Trump has been investigated and impeached the last 4 years and he is still a free man. If the Dems win do you really think they will waste time and effort fighting a political has been or will they switch targets to the new batch Reps blocking and resisting them?
All valid points, and I don't really disagree, but he's made an enemy out of Clinton, that is not one you want waiting in the shadows.

View attachment 478997
Who damaged the church ?
Who cleared those pesky protestors away ?
The man, or people around are rather clever to frame a message, where he appears to be a defender of the faith and the other side quoting the bible, looked just as staged, or more so.

I didn't like it personally as he seems to have made a cold calculating decision that african-americans voted for biden and trump has no chance with them, so he simply treats them as an enemy. Not dissimilar to clinton and the deplorables quip, its all so partisan and a bit fascist can be assigned to modern politics by labelling the other.

Absolutely.
The Democrats will rip out his entire festering clan, and jail the lot.
Not because Trump is a vile, stupid, crassly incompetent and utterly negligent President who became a cult leader.

They will arrest him and jail him because he is what he always was.
A criminal leader of a family based racketeering group.
He is just a mobster in an expensive suit.

He has RIGHTLY been impeached, on clear evidence. He openly proclaimed his guilt.

He got acquitted because the Republicans are a no longer a Party, but a personality cult.

Now he has contrived to turn America into a rodeo show for the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Death, Pestilence and War seem to have arrived, so far Famine is late.

I saw a report (within hte last two weeks) that 60% of catholics support Trump. That could change if the pope opens his mouth.
Interesting, as I'd assume a significant proportion of the Catholic population is Latin American, having supplanted (in numerical terms) the traditional Irish, Italian Polish populations in terms of numbers.

I didn't like it personally as he seems to have made a cold calculating decision that african-americans voted for biden and trump has no chance with them, so he simply treats them as an enemy.
You wouldn't have thought that from the full-on attack dog, Afro-American, pro-Trump lawyer on C4 News last night, who reckoned that unlike Obama, Trump understands and appeals to Afro-Americans!

All valid points, and I don't really disagree, but he's made an enemy out of Clinton, that is not one you want waiting in the shadows.
I think the Rep and Dem parties would both be happy to see Trump and Clinton kill each other in a celebrity death match.

Absolutely.
The Democrats will rip out his entire festering clan, and jail the lot.
Not because Trump is a vile, stupid, crassly incompetent and utterly negligent President who became a cult leader.

They will arrest him and jail him because he is what he always was.
A criminal leader of a family based racketeering group.
He is just a mobster in an expensive suit.

He has RIGHTLY been impeached, on clear evidence. He openly proclaimed his guilt.

He got acquitted because the Republicans are a no longer a Party, but a personality cult.

Now he has contrived to turn America into a rodeo show for the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Death, Pestilence and War seem to have arrived, so far Famine is late.
He is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Once he is out of office I doubt the Dems will care what he does. The Dems only cared about Trump's activities because they wanted him to lose the election or get him out of office.
The investigations are politically motivated and once he is a political has been the Dems interest in him will disappear. Just my opinion.

He is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Once he is out of office I doubt the Dems will care what he does. The Dems only cared about Trump's activities because they wanted him to lose the election or get him out of office.
The investigations are politically motivated and once he is a political has been the Dems interest in him will disappear. Just my opinion.
The investigations were not political.
They were matters of state security.
Trump has for his own reasons jeopardised the entire strategic security of the United States and the NATO alliance, leaked information to the Russians, thrown away the American reputation across the world.
He got impeached for meddling in Ukraine, bypassing his own government, and for purely personal benefit by trying to get the Ukrainians to fit up Bidens son.
The Russian intelligence influence in Trump's world is highly suspicious.
What the next President will need to know is just how far the rot spread, how much damage was deliberate treason, and how much just sheer cretinous incompetence.

Blimey! These religious types are not averse to slipping a sly chiv into your ribs are they?

Interesting article.

I guess they have a fairly powerful Editor-In-Chief.

Latest Threads