The Trump Presidency...

I couldn't give a shit who America votes for. Just hate rioters. Good luck to whoever wins the next election.
Believe it or not I feel the same way. Rioters are a thieving bunch of tossers.

That reads like a furiously masturbating liberal fantasy ghost written by an even shiter version of Tom Clancy.
I think the reality will be more mundane.
If Trump looses he will skip down the Whitehouse garden path, shouting a few accusations about postal voter fraud, but laughing his arse off as he knows that he will be back to work in Trump Tower without the leftwing constantly harassing him or his family.
He will live his life as an all powerful CEO boasting about beating Clinton.

Boden will become the next Trump, hated by the right and marred in scandals. The Dems will face resistance from the Reps on every level, at every opportunity... Four more years of political stalemate.

You reap what you sow.
A pox on both their houses.

I think the reality will be more mundane.
If Trump looses he will skip down the Whitehouse garden path, shouting a few accusations about postal voter fraud, but laughing his arse off as he knows that he will be back to work in Trump Tower without the leftwing constantly harassing him or his family.
He will live his life as an all powerful CEO boasting about beating Clinton.

Boden will become the next Trump, hated by the right and marred in scandals. The Dems will face resistance from the Reps on every level, at every opportunity... Four more years of political stalemate.

You reap what you sow.
A pox on both their houses.
Trump has a desperate need to be re- elected, for several reasons.
Presidential immunity from prosecution.
While he is in power, the clock on the statute of limitations on several charges is running out.
The ability to pardon his Co conspirators is a great lever. "Stay shtum, and I will let you out when I can".
Egomania.

The ideal game plan would be another 4 years, then hand over to Pence, with the tacit understanding that he will pardon all Trump's remaining crimes, or close down prosecutions on "humanitarian" grounds.

Trump's idiot sons and his horrible son in law all know that they are in the Feds sights as soon as the Godfather is out of the White House.

No, Trump will fight tooth and nail.
He is too scared of being arrested for his multitude of crimes a week after being ejected, and his tacky property empire destroyed as an organised crime front.

Disagree about Blair. Like him or loathe him ( and I couldn't stand the fecker) this was a very different country in a lot of ways once he, Mandelson, Cameron, Brown and the rest of the NL g gang had finished with it.

I think for Obama he had lots of good intentions but the Republicans managed to delay and disrupt him at every turn.

The job of POTUS seems to be basically that of chief cat herder.

In our system, under normal jogging, there is a presumption that the party in power will eventually gets its way.

I say normal because it all went Pete Tong over Brexit, but that was because Parliament ended up in charge of deciding policy, which is not really what it is there for.
My comment was simply around things getting better and for many voters they're did not. I might even add, the disappointments that derive from clinton, obama or blair lead directly to increased Marginalisation and hatred of ALL politicians. So the great communicators didn't half divide countries even more, despite say the media backed north korean style media presentations of happy countries (see london olympics).

Trump is the new breed of politician who thrives off the marginalisation and its my submission that the deep state and media created him, supported him and ultimately panicked, when the creature became alive and started to act outside of the accepted norms and panic tipped the media into clear partisanship itself.

I saw a sign on a parade and C4 News were running a similar tone which was the white population silence is racism and evil, well that is only going to increase his chances of winning, because pushing people around is never a clever politicial strategy.

I'll say right now I'm a bit out of my depth, like most of us in the UK, when it comes to US politics but I think that by our standards the system seems to be set up to prevent meaningful change.

Take, say, Corbyn's policy of nationalizing the railways. If he had won a working majority in the HoP he would have put forward the required legislation, had it passed by his MPs, and no matter how against it the Lords were, it would eventually have happened.

In the US with the whole fragmentation of federal, state, senate, congress, constitutional rights, political judges and rampant vested interests it surprising they can agree on what the date is.

Obama's total thwarting on healthcare reform seems to be a case in point..

And the trouble with 100% legally conducted single issue protest is that it can be quite safely be 100% ignored by those in power.

Do you think it may have had something to do with the economy he inherited, you know that Global recession that America gifted most of the world at the end of G W Bush's Presidency.
For eight years?

Half the numpties on here are critical of Trump not fixing racism on top of an unprecedented global pandemic.

But Obama didn’t do anything but ruin the oil/gas industry for bluster about guns. And Obamacare - A tax on the middle class and wealthy to pay for healthcare subsidies, crappy websites, bloated costs and left wing programs.

Last edited:
I'll say right now I'm a bit out of my depth, like most of us in the UK, when it comes to US politics but I think that by our standards the system seems to be set up to prevent meaningful change.

Take, say, Corbyn's policy of nationalizing the railways. If he had won a working majority in the HoP he would have put forward the required legislation, had it passed by his MPs, and no matter how against it the Lords were, it would eventually have happened.

In the US with the whole fragmentation of federal, state, senate, congress, constitutional rights, political judges and rampant vested interests it surprising they can agree on what the date is.

Obama's total thwarting on healthcare reform seems to be a case in point..

And the trouble with 100% legally conducted single issue protest is that it can be quite safely be 100% ignored by those in power.
You are not out of your depth and seem to be on the right lines..... Trump ran against the republicans and the media loved him for it, he then ran against the democrats and beat them, to the medias shock and disgust. The moral, is the people made it very clear that they're were unhappy with the normal political games...... In the UK it was not dissimilar as the tories won thanks to Boris adopting some populist tones and Corbyn already anti-establishment, you had effectively 24 million people voting against what the establishment wanted.

The difficulty is whoever we elect, they're then have to make the system work and here is where it always falls apart, because either the populist goes native, or like trump simply has very little control beyond the white house gates.

I will say the local populace were a lot more excited about Hillary Clinton at this point.

They will still vote Biden/anyone Blue but there is a huge lack of energy. How it affects the election - no idea.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I liked the shot of Trump outside St Johns. I disagreed with the line that her was holding that bible like a nun holding a dick’.
A nun would have at least got it the right way up.
Anyway here’s a president going to the
9F3B4125-B447-4154-B236-50151FE0CC0E.jpeg
same place, without having battered the people of the streets and throwing those who were there out.
And as for Obama singing, apparently he does that

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Only mention of burning there is the one maybe from Kings Lynn that I could see.
Jesus, you’re in a grumpy mood. Try capital punishment.uk/witchcraft executions
or at a pinch wikipedia. Burning witches in England
Hth

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Jesus, you’re in a grumpy mood. Try capital punishment.uk/witchcraft executions
or at a pinch wikipedia. Burning witches in England
Hth
Why not try actually putting up the quote and source, you know like I did.

I was kind of pleased to see Donald Trump get elected as President of the USA, borne purely out of seeing him put two fingers up to the political upper class, and proving the haters and doubters wrong. At first I thought he was doing okay, sorting out unemployment and kickstarting worn out industrial towns.

Now he has been around for a while I've seen him for what he actually is. He might be a whizz as a financial guru in the private sector, but as a politician he hasn't got a clue, is way out of his depth, can't speak or narrate without notes for shit. So I dont rate him at all as POTUS.

With the current unrest over the George Floyd killing, his skills as a politician are being shown for what they are, nonexistent.

So has Donald Trump fallen out of love with America, or has America fallen out of love with him?

Either way, I don't think he is going to get a second term in office unless the alternatives are worse than him.

Either way, I don't think he is going to get a second term in office unless the alternatives are worse than him.
The American people had a shit choice the last time and they are going to have a shit choice this time around too. Unless they remove ‘money talks’ from their Election process, it will be forever thus.
A (potentially) great country deserves better.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I am sorry your brain's broke, only burning reference there is to Scotland. Which isn't England. From your quoted source. . .

"Elizabeth I passed a new Witchcraft Act in 1563 which came into force on June the 1st of that year. This Act specified a year’s imprisonment plus pillorying on four occasions during the year for a first offence with death by hanging for a second offence unless the person was convicted of murder by witchcraft, in which case the death sentence was mandatory"

"In 1603 King James VI of Scotland became James I of England on the death of Elizabeth I, thus uniting the kingdoms of England and Scotland. King James was very interested witchcraft and took part in witch trials in Scotland. His statute of 1604 strengthened the law in England and made hanging mandatory for those convicted of witchcraft where the supposed victim was only injured rather than died. Strangely he did not introduce burning at the stake as was the Scottish practice."

If only you had read the posts after the one you gleefully seized on, you'd have had all this and not made yourself look even stupider than usual.

Last edited:

Latest Threads