The Trump Presidency...

I'm surprised you believe this garbage as gospel.

Who are you really?
Read the long article up the thread about Trump's 320 lies about COVID. It's a long article so may be beyond your ability to plough through it or comprehend it but try it in little bits. Every lie is fully referenced.

You seem unable to grasp the basic truths about Trump and his constant lying. He is not accused of lying by "sources close to", "it has been reported", "insiders alleged" etc etc.

He is accused of lying because he tells lies in public. He does it on TV; he does in on Twitter; he does it in his daily briefings. He seems almost incapable of realising that every lie is immediately and permanently available online.

The actual evidence is there and is readily available. Its not doctored by libtards, the fake news MSM or the Dems.

He is hung by his own words. Hoist by his own petard. Caught with his pants down (literally and figuratively).

Now I will happily accept that sometimes he lies by omission/stupidity/carelessness/amnesia and because he is not conversant with his briefs - mostly because he can't/doesn't read them and is unable to grasp detail.

However, even having giving him a few Mulligans, he publicly lies. Then he lies again. Then he lies to cover up the lies. He evn lies to pretend the lies were not really lies ("they were sarcasm". Really? From someone with zero sense of humour and weak intellect).

I guess my point is probably that Trump lies like a bastard.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
As a bit of a God botherer, I found Trump holding a bible up to be disgusting. He is plainly pandering to his Evangelist core voters and not what really matters.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nah, trump is simply not a leader and is unfit to be president. That is until you consider the alternatives:-
Hilary Clinton - decidely crooked and a war mongerer in the worst blairite way.
Joe Biden - who supported the IRA, is a bit sleepy, has a son who picks up contracts in faraway places and its nothing to do with graft. A US government ran by him will be a clone of the obama era and likely as not, deeply unfriendly to the united kingdom.

America can do better than all of them, but trump is the least worst in my humble view.
Apart from possibly war mongering, well apart from internally within his own country, all of those traits apply to Trump. Out of the lot, Clinton is the only one who would have at least of a veneer of credibility.

As a bit of a God botherer, I found Trump holding a bible up to be disgusting. He is plainly pandering to his Evangelist core voters and not what really matters.
A politician is pandering to his voting base, causes a feeling of disgust in you ?

Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Wonder which one of his staffers he had to borrow it from.
If it was from his press assistant it was probably a 1996 barbie doll catalogue.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
A politician is pandering to his voting base, causes a feeling of disgust in you ?

Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged.
No what disgusts me is that the president is using the bible like a film prop.

How can Trump call for the state governors to call in the military to quash the riots.

We were assured by that US ex-poster Jonesy (before he flounced and offed himself with his AR15, having been derided and ridiculed by nasty Brits) that such a thing was absolutely unpossible.

The Dead Sea Scrolls prohibited it with commuted pussy. Or something.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really call asking "Why the **** did you teargas my church?" getting stuck into politics, mate.
It was used to clear protesters. Straight forward enough even for a Bishop.

Fantastic to see Bishops getting stuck in to politics instead of putting their energy in to their calling.
It is isn't it?.

If only The Bish had read that bit in the Bible where Jesus tear gassed the Pharisees so he could get into the Temple and rob the money lenders through the eye of a needle.

Apart from possibly war mongering, well apart from internally within his own country, all of those traits apply to Trump. Out of the lot, Clinton is the only one who would have at least of a veneer of credibility.
Does competence equate to credible, or good.. Surely we judge people long after they're have gone and her tenure at state, created a lot of problems, in particular a policy of confrontation with russia that led to the syrian debacle.

If trump departs having done absolutely nothing of note, I take that as a success. Most other politicians bow out under a cloud, having being recognised as failures. We've had clinton and now biden, both of which had already had some power and did not impress me at all.

Having a non politician as a leader has a transparant freshness that is only now growing stale, due to events beyond his control.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Does competence equate to credible, or good.. Surely we judge people long after they're have gone and her tenure at state, created a lot of problems, in particular a policy of confrontation with russia that led to the syrian debacle.

If trump departs having done absolutely nothing of note, I take that as a success. Most other politicians bow out under a cloud, having being recognised as failures. We've had clinton and now biden, both of which had already had some power and did not impress me at all.

Having a non politician as a leader has a transparant freshness that is only now growing stale, due to events beyond his control.
You have a very odd view of success, odd you should bring confronting Russia into though. There has been no freshness to Trump just a stench of venal corruption. The events are indeed out of his control, and he has done nothing to try and control them either.

ipso_facto

Old-Salt
How can Trump call for the state governors to call in the military to quash the riots.
Do you really want to know the answer to that? You won't get it on the MSM but some citizen journalist do good research. Here is one that explains the Posse Comitatus Act. It's a bit long but worth it if you really want an answer to your question.

In fact President Trump is very clever in making the state governors responsible and only stepping in when they've shown themselves incompetent.

The Trump Presidency...

Has been amazing from an entertainment and turning all norms on their head perspective, as season 4 draws to a seemingly very climatic end, many hope it will be recommisoned for another run. We cannot have all these stunning plot lines left hanging for the 'Democrats' to fudge to a barely credible ending.

Just to pour a splash of petrol (gas) on the fire, the bible was upside down. An upside down bible inverts the cross has habitually imprinted on the frontispiece and an inverted cross is associated with satanic rituals... Ergo, Trump is the anti-Christ. Sits back, pops a can of Guinness draft and smiles...

[QUOTE="ipso_facto, post: 10060759, member: 167332"

In fact President Trump is very clever in making the state governors responsible and only stepping in when they've shown themselves incompetent.

[/QUOTE]

Is that 'clever' as in being a good President and national leader, or 'clever' as in playing it all off to his own personal advantage?

Latest Threads