The Trump Presidency...

655 false statements from President Donald Trump, from when his coronavirus task force began meeting in late January until May 3. By far, Trump's most repeated false claim was that he had "banned" travel from China.

They aren't a ban: they contain exemptions for US citizens, permanent residents, many of the family members of both groups, and some other types of people. Trump inaccurately described the restrictions on 41 separate occasions during this 14-week period, more than he made any other individual false claim.

Trump also exaggerated 17 times about the scope of his March travel restrictions on many (but not all) European countries. And he 17 times uttered his debunked assertion that China, not Americans, is paying the cost of his tariffs on imported Chinese products.

Undeterred by the pandemic, Trump kept using a bunch of his old favorite false claims. (No, he is not the one who got the Obama-era Veterans Choice program passed; no, he has not always protected patients with pre-existing conditions.) But he also created entire new categories of pandemic-specific dishonesty.

Trump made 71 false claims about the pandemic and travel. He made 37 about coronavirus testing. This includes one of his most infamous and most egregious false claims of the crisis -- his March 6 declaration that "anybody that wants a test can get a test" --

and 12 renditions of perhaps his most absurd pandemic false claim, the insistence that the Obama administration left him bad or old tests for this new virus for which there could not have been a test until Trump's presidency.

Trump also made 24 false claims about ventilators and the Strategic National Stockpile. Ten of these were versions of his claim that he was left entirely empty stockpile shelves by Obama. In reality, Obama left thousands of ventilators and various other supplies.

One indication of the brazenness of Trump's dishonesty: he made 12 false claims about what it was he himself had said in the past -- sometimes things he had said just the day prior, sometimes in the very same briefing.

In theory, the daily White House coronavirus briefings gave the President a chance to inform Americans about the crisis.

In practice, they became modified campaign rallies -- a nearby stage on which Trump could be Trump, with all the usual boasting, rambling, and disregard for truth.

Trump made 16 false claims at the briefing on April 6, a marathon session where he appeared for more than 95 minutes. He made 14 more at the April 13 briefing, where he appeared for more than 100 minutes.

We counted 23 briefings in which the President made five or more false claims.
Trump's three most dishonest events during this 14-week period all came before he stopped traveling because of the pandemic: 21 at a January rally in Des Moines, 19 at a February rally in Las Vegas, 18 at a March Fox News town hall in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

But Trump also made 16 false claims at a pandemic-related Fox News "virtual town hall" at the Lincoln Memorial in early May.

Chump misses out again on the coveted Noble Peas Prize he yearns for {Obama got just for being a nice guy apparently] both China and India said thanks but no thanks you clueless orange idiot.

'Unpredictable' Trump Has No Credibility Over India, China Border Dispute.

Amid the rising tensions between the Asian giants, US President Donald Trump has not only offered to mediate between the two countries, but he has claimed to have discussed the matter with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. {oddly, The Indian State Department claims the phone call from chump never happened]

Mediation is against India's stated policy and he [the US President] has no credibility with the Chinese, India’s strategic expert Maj Gen BK Sharma, head of national security and defence services believes .

“He [Trump] is unpredictable and it is best for India is to shrug off and not talk too much. He is habitual of off-the-cuff remarks,” Sharma said on Trump’s offer.

The mediation offer also might have lost its genuineness considering Trump’s China bashing in recent months over the COVID-19 outbreak. The world is also familiar with the ongoing Sino-US tensions amid the trade war, which have been reflected in Washington’s actions in targeting China over Beijing’s increasing technological domination, control in Hong Kong and naval movements in the South China Sea.
-------------------=====---------------=====---------------=====---------------
Poor Donny, I feel sorry for the LOSER ------Muhahahahaha,

Motaka

Clanker
Yup thought not, you just can't see the irony at all.
No, please tell me how you have deduced my thinking of both candidates on the one sentence I have posted. I suspect you actually can't and will continue using the lefty rule #1 of trying to sound more intelligent than you actually are.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
No, please tell me how you have deduced my thinking of both candidates on the one sentence I have posted. I suspect you actually can't and will continue using the lefty rule #1 of trying to sound more intelligent than you actually are.
Replace the word Biden with Trump and nothing changes, but carry on frothing and arm waving hysterically do.

So I take it you are rooting for demented racist/rapist Joe Biden come November?
Errrrr NOPE.... although a blind chimpanzee with dementia would be a 500% improvement on the current incumdunce tweeting in the Oval Office.

Motaka

Clanker
Replace the word Biden with Trump and nothing changes, but carry on frothing and arm waving hysterically do.
Ah, OK. So IF Biden wins in November , I take it you will have the same disdain and suffer BDS just as you have for the Drumpf. It would be ironic if you didn't after all.

Yaaaaaaaaay, we have another Truppit on board.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ah, OK. So IF Biden wins in November , I take it you will have the same disdain and suffer BDS just as you have for the Drumpf. It would be ironic if you didn't after all.
Hence the word irony, you really are all kinds of special.

If Byedon turns to be as thick as mince and a lying Billy Bullshitter then YEP there will be a thread for him too, however, I think the qualifying bar is currently set very very low.

Latest Threads