The Trump Presidency...

D

Deleted 164106

Here is the thing though Toppet.
I am not doubting your medical professionals abilities, as I would have no problem being treated by a doctor in the UK. What I do wonder about is the level of triage based on resources available for every facility. If a certain hospital is damn near running black on all assets needed to treat your casualties, then it makes no sense to go all out and use up what you have to try and save a 95 year old who might be lucky to make to Christmas regardless of COVID. To many variables to say your system is terrible, because I don't believe it is. But I do believe you folks have constraints that we don't have which leads to a higher fatality rate.
It's good for what it is, and what we pay for it in my opinion. My Mrs, who I know you know is 'one of yours', can't rave about it enough - for minor-moderate A&E stuff I think it does really well. I've luckily never had to use it myself, as I've either had military or private healthcare (with work).

I couldn't definitively comment on the triage - but I would hazard a guess it's first come first served if there are two equally serious cases.

The NHS needs an overhaul - but the cost for that would be huge, and would probably be seen as political suicide. So it won't happen.

Either that or you lot are just unhealthy as feck, and need to take more laps and stop smoking!
That is excellent advice which about 70% of the UK needs to heed!

Yep - we've not done particularly well in Blighty.

However, I think all the figures (Globally) are a bit dubious, one way or another - I believe that different countries will record them in different way, people will die of COVID and have it recorded as something else, or people die of something, whilst they have COVID, and have it recorded as that.

Whilst they can be used within one country (where the same reasoning behind determining a death as COVID related or not is the same) to track the spread / progression, cross border they lose some relevance.
I know of two cases ( one in U.K, one in U.S) where COVID was listed incorrectly.

One in U.S as a contributing cause of death - after a motorcycle accident! And an acquaintance in U.K was treated for COVID for three weeks... They just realized he had a stroke and wasn't being treated correctly.

D

Deleted 164106

I know of two cases ( one in U.K, one in U.S) where COVID was listed incorrectly.

One in U.S as a contributing cause of death - after a motorcycle accident! And an acquaintance in U.K was treated for COVID for three weeks... They just realized he had a stroke and wasn't being treated correctly.
Thank you - I thought it had something to do with a bike (I believe you mentioned it here a few weeks ago).

Re the stroke - jeez! I feel for the Doctors here (and everywhere, TBH) - what could be a minor mistake / missreading of symptoms / incorrect test has potentially life-ending consequences.

I think we are missing the point.

Great presidents have bears. So to be a great president you need a bear.

Roosevelt had Teddy bear.

Trump has Trumpy bear.

So Trump must be great because he has a bear. Simple.

He may have wanted a duck but Disney are very litigiouse.

Now if Obama also came out with a black bear there would be dummies all over the room.
His boss, Vlad the arrse impaler also has a bear. Although he's been a bit disobedient of late and has had to have some Russian re-education.

1590683785881.png

Thank you - I thought it had something to do with a bike (I believe you mentioned it here a few weeks ago).

Re the stroke - jeez! I feel for the Doctors here (and everywhere, TBH) - what could be a minor mistake / missreading of symptoms / incorrect test has potentially life-ending consequences.
Yep - TBH, I still dont know anyone who was actually sick and tested positive for China virus.

And the Stroke incident is scary as hell. Mid 40's/healthy/non smoker...

It's good for what it is, and what we pay for it in my opinion. My Mrs, who I know you know is 'one of yours', can't rave about it enough - for minor-moderate A&E stuff I think it does really well. I've luckily never had to use it myself, as I've either had military or private healthcare (with work).

I couldn't definitively comment on the triage - but I would hazard a guess it's first come first served if there are two equally serious cases.

That is excellent advice which about 70% of the UK needs to heed!
That is the thing that puzzles me, from what I gather your other half came from Florida?? So yes she is an American, but you folks downplay the very real regional differences that we do have here. For all intensive purposes and not trying to be rude, but she comes from a place that would be as foreign to me as the UK would be. Sunshine, alligators, Disney World, trees, and an abundance of 02..... I feel like I am in a foreign country when I am in the middle of BFN North Carolina. The people are different, the culture is different, the feeling of being in a strange place never really goes away.

I don't know what she grew up with or her family background, so your system could be better than anything she has ever experienced? The Southern US is not exactly known for being as well off for the peasants as it is out here. Where we have a better standard of living in BFE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 164106

Yep - TBH, I still dont know anyone who was actually sick and tested positive for China virus.
I know of 3, plus one of my Analyst's lodgers and a bloke at work. 1 Doctor, 2 other friends. I do live in London, though - where there is a higher concentration. The lodger died; others are all fine now.

Quite a few people I know, who had the flu jab this year, also experienced a nasty flu-type illness in Feb / March.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of 3, plus one of my Analyst's lodgers and a bloke at work. 1 Doctor, 2 other friends. I do live ion London, though - where there is a higher concentration.

Quite a few people I know, who had the flu jab this year, also experienced a nasty flu-type illness in Feb / March.
Yup, which is when everybody out here was sick. I think we managed to lockdown at the tail end of the first coming.

D

Deleted 164106

That is the thing that puzzles me, from what I gather your other half came from Florida?? So yes she is an American, but you folks downplay the very real regional differences that we do have here. For all intensive purposes and not trying to be rude, but she comes from a place that would be as foreign to me as the UK would be.
And you can get similar in the UK to a lesser extent - Kensington to Salford in Manchester. It may not have the weather difference, but would be pretty alien.

I know of 3, plus one of my Analyst's lodgers and a bloke at work. 1 Doctor, 2 other friends. I do live ion London, though - where there is a higher concentration.

You can add me to that list. 1 week before the lockdown started in the UK.

And you can get similar in the UK to a lesser extent - Kensington to Salford in Manchester. It may not have the weather difference, but would be pretty alien.
I imagine a peasant like myself would do better in the Northern parts of the UK. The Southern parts are a bit to posh and I am a bit to Carhartt and Wranglers to fit in with the cool kids.

D

Deleted 164106

I imagine a peasant like myself would do better in the Northern parts of the UK. The Southern parts are a bit to posh and I am a bit to Carhartt and Wranglers to fit in with the cool kids.
I think you'd fit in well amongst the fields and hunting grounds of Herefordshire. How do you like Cider ("Hard Cider" in your words, I believe)?

I think you'd fit in well amongst the fields and hunting grounds of Herefordshire. How do you like Cider ("Hard Cider" in your words, I believe)?
As long as it is cold, I will drink it. I mean if I can drink American light beer man water, something with taste will be easy to handle. I would not begin to imagine the joys of never having to force another Coors Light down my throat again.

Donald Trump Once Gave Richard Branson Unsolicited Advice on Running an Airline.

The Trump Shuttle Hairline, lasted three years.

That's like Goldpricker, Labrat, LVH, UnSocial Supper, or Ipso-Nonfacto handing out advice on anything Trump related:

Useless.

Interesting take on the "Well regulated militias" and loud shirt wearing insurrectionists who pop up at Trump rallies.
A lovely unhinged mass of loonies, racists, traitors, survivalists and wannabe revolutionaries all unified by their love of guns.
20200525_211802.jpg

Which, in the scale and scope of global infections and deaths, while personally important, is utterly irrelevant.

I know of 3, plus one of my Analyst's lodgers and a bloke at work. 1 Doctor, 2 other friends. I do live in London, though - where there is a higher concentration. The lodger died; others are all fine now.

Did the voices tell you?

Which, in the scale and scope of global infections and deaths, while personally important, is utterly irrelevant.
So I dont know anyone personally that had it and tested positive/required treatment...But I do know two people who were told they had it and didn't.

The numbers have been inflated, the risks exaggerated and the damage to the economy was more than it needed to be. I rely a lot on personal experience, due to the many proven cases of media/political bias.

Latest Threads