The Trump Presidency...

Your health system has you cheering a president that is reducing the cost of medicine that people need to live. It shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

It does not work "rather well compared to others". But then you haven't actually experienced how decent systems work.
5.8 percent vs 14 percent. I think that figure is proof alone that our byzantine system can get it right.

But the achievement still stands, he might not be an articulate person. But it is something his predecessor could not accomplish. Spit and Polish is not always effective.
His predecessor was trying to do something much bigger, but was blocked by idiots. Idiots like you I'm sad to say.

You're not actually that dumb.

Of the recorded cases, the US has a fatality rate that is far below the UK and most other European Countries. The numbers speak for themselves. So please lets argue that and then tell me our system is terrible.

If you folks really wanted to discuss all aspects of his Presidency, then why ignore the meaningful achievement I posted yesterday.
Perhaps if he just shut the fcuk up with his continuous daily bullshit people may actually see the rare occasion's that he does do something good.

Perhaps you should ask why Trump himself overrides any good news by his daily attacks on the media, his daily dribble of conspiracy theories, and his hourly tweeting of stupidity and abuse that serves to drown out any good news.

But you see the daily attacks as a good thing, "yeah, stick it to the Liberal thinking stupid people Mr President, they aren't worthy of you" and so the media roundabout spins back to the bad news.

Of the recorded cases, the US has a fatality rate that is far below the UK and most other European Countries. The numbers speak for themselves. So please lets argue that and then tell me our system is terrible.
OK, you are that dumb.

Let's compare New York State with the whole of the UK shall we.

Certainly, and I am sure Post COVID many aspects of it will be picked apart to see how things could be done better.
Hmmm, I think there was a plan put in place to make the response better but that plan was systemically dismantled by this administration. Way to go Trump.

All Obamacare did was hurt the middle class. It was nothing to brag about.
Well don't worry Trump has a MAGA plan to Repeal & Replace it. The GOP Senate must be arrse up head down working on it as you speak.

But the achievement still stands, he might not be an articulate person. But it is something his predecessor could not accomplish. Spit and Polish is not always effective.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

That link doesn't really show Donny in a good light. Did you read it?

He comes across as an uneducated moron.
Truppits find a Rose in a pile of dung and think they have discovered a Rose Bush.

OK, you are that dumb.

Let's compare New York State with the whole of the UK shall we.
29,553 fatalities divided by 374,672 cases equals 7.8 percent... I might be missing something but even NY with their incompetent governor managed to keep it under ten percent...

Your health system has you cheering a president that is reducing the cost of medicine that people need to live. It shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

It does not work "rather well compared to others". But then you haven't actually experienced how decent systems work.
You will find that it does work rather better than most others. Take for example 5-year survival rates for cancer. The US leads in nearly all categories. Japan is miles out in front for lung cancer, and the UK does well for childhood leukemia.

Of note on that page is that the data was compiled at the London School of Tropical Medicine, a world-renowned institution. Also of note is that of the major countries quoted there, only the UK and Canada are called out as having universal coverage. France, Germany, Italy and Japan don’t have it either.

Having experienced the healthcare regimes in the US and the UK, I will take the US system every time, thank you. I simply can’t understand why the view seems to be in the UK that the US’s system is somehow dire. Although expensive, the outcomes are markedly superior, as evidenced in that link. I can only think that there is a (clearly erroneous) presumption that the NHS is superior to everything, as it was pretty much the first universal healthcare system.

All Obamacare did was hurt the middle class. It was nothing to brag about.
I have to say Jonesy you do a stellar job defending America {seriously} it's a shame you don't get much help from your fellow countrymen. Roadster, and Sam the Bam, do a great job as well btw.

Maybe you should consider applying to become Trumps spokesperson you would do far better than the current blond bint.

I have to say Jonesy you do a stellar job defending America {seriously} it's a shame you don't get much help from your fellow countrymen.

Maybe you should consider applying to become Trumps spokesperson you would do far better than the current blond bint.
I would rather remain in my Hick state and work on my lawn and go hunting in the fall, then work in DC. We have enough problems at the local and state level to worry about. The home team always comes first.

D

Deleted 164106

Yep - we've not done particularly well in Blighty.

However, I think all the figures (Globally) are a bit dubious, one way or another - I believe that different countries will record them in different way, people will die of COVID and have it recorded as something else, or people die of something, whilst they have COVID, and have it recorded as that.

Whilst they can be used within one country (where the same reasoning behind determining a death as COVID related or not is the same) to track the spread / progression, cross border they lose some relevance.

Yep - we've not done particularly well in Blighty.

However, I think all the figures (Globally) are a bit dubious, one way or another - I believe that different countries will record them in different way, people will die of COVID and have it recorded as something else, or people die of something, whilst they have COVID, and have it recorded as that.

Whilst they can be used within one country (where the same reasoning behind determining a death as COVID related or not is the same) to track the spread / progression, cross border they lose some relevance.
Here is the thing though Toppet.
I am not doubting your medical professionals abilities, as I would have no problem being treated by a doctor in the UK. What I do wonder about is the level of triage based on resources available for every facility. If a certain hospital is damn near running black on all assets needed to treat your casualties, then it makes no sense to go all out and use up what you have to try and save a 95 year old who might be lucky to make to Christmas regardless of COVID. To many variables to say your system is terrible, because I don't believe it is. But I do believe you folks have constraints that we don't have which leads to a higher fatality rate. Either that or you lot are just unhealthy as feck, and need to take more laps and stop smoking!

You will find that it does work rather better than most others. Take for example 5-year survival rates for cancer. The US leads in nearly all categories. Japan is miles out in front for lung cancer, and the UK does well for childhood leukemia.

Of note on that page is that the data was compiled at the London School of Tropical Medicine, a world-renowned institution. Also of note is that of the major countries quoted there, only the UK and Canada are called out as having universal coverage. France, Germany, Italy and Japan don’t have it either.

Having experienced the healthcare regimes in the US and the UK, I will take the US system every time, thank you. I simply can’t understand why the view seems to be in the UK that the US’s system is somehow dire. Although expensive, the outcomes are markedly superior, as evidenced in that link. I can only think that there is a (clearly erroneous) presumption that the NHS is superior to everything, as it was pretty much the first universal healthcare system.
They dont listen. I have said it before... My mum came across for the birth of two of my kids. She was blown away by the level of care we got. Its not even close to the same.

Latest Threads