The Trump Presidency...

offog

LE
Getting back to the amusing side of the Trump reign.......I finished up planting corn after 1 am and decided to watch a bit of late night tv which I haven’t done in years only to see this advert run 4 times in the space of 30 minutes. If anyone one is looking for a birthday gift for @Spank-it to cuddle with, think l found it plus you get the bonus bear that enjoys golf clubs shoved up its arsę......

I think we are missing the point.

Great presidents have bears. So to be a great president you need a bear.

Roosevelt had Teddy bear.

Trump has Trumpy bear.

So Trump must be great because he has a bear. Simple.

He may have wanted a duck but Disney are very litigiouse.

Now if Obama also came out with a black bear there would be dummies all over the room.

Anatomy of a man-made disaster: 320 ways Donald Trump failed to protect the USA from the coronavirus. Published May 26, 2020 By Dan Benbow.
Full Link

The article is a litany of disaster in the making and worth a read if you have the time.
That is an absolutely first class article.

It's a fairly long read but totally worth it.

It would be difficult to think anyone could read that litany of ineptitude and disaster and consider Trump in any way qualified, for nor suitable for, the role of POTUS.

Plus I learned a new word - "Trumpanzee". Defined by the Urban Dictionary thus:

an irrational and irritable assclownish beast that is completely immunized {hannitized magatized} to logic-or-reason, any-and-all negative facts-or-evidence concerning Trump, and remains a devout and mindless supporter of the buffoon.

Pssssst don't pass this on......

America will go into the November elections under very unusual circumstances following the COVID-19 pandemic during which Donald Trump's failures helped to kill a lot of people.

Another damning allegation, which if true, may push Trump’s chances of re-election further into a bigly dumpster has emerged on social media. The President is accused of killing his personal assistant after learning that he had put a bun in her oven.

In October 2000, Trump had a personal assistant called Carolyn Gombell when the failed billionaire was informed that the poor girl was carrying his baby Trump helped by his friend Brian Epstein chose to strangle her in the basement of a New York Pizza Parlor after it emerged that she would be going to the press with her sordid tale.

I wonder if it really happened?

I would hate to think someone is distributing unverified accusations on Social Media, I can't think of anybody that would be ass-hole enough to do that.

Thanks @Goatman That was half an hour very productively spent. I didn't find him too dry and as I got into it I became engaged with his presentation style. Very much like he was giving a lecture to med students.

I can imagine when that data started to roll into the WHO there was a very big "Oh shit" moment.

The question now is did Trump actually take HDC.

I'll second that thanks to @Goatman. TV and radio, even the usually reliable Michael Mosely and Hannah Frye, have been quite poor at presenting good analysis of the science surrounding this disease, it's good to see actual literature with solid figures being discussed without feeling the need to add 'umin interest or "god bless our brave doctors and nurses".

As you say I would imagine that when the mortality rates were collated a lot of the statisticians' had to have a stiff drink. More than doubling the death rate would seem to be an unusually clear result for this sort of trial considering that it's more normal for them to argue whether an apparent reduction of fractions of a percent is significant or not.
You have to wonder just what these results and in particular the interactions with the antibiotics, are telling us about the body's response to the disease.

offog

LE
We all know Trump does not like to be corrected or having people around him with opposing views. First we had the fake news concept to target MSM who pointed out he was lying and now we see he is about to attack social media.

I think I pointed out last year that Trump would do anything to put the idea into his supporters heads that the election was stolen. Anything to cover or offset the death toll reports that will come out today as the news will be about his attack on social media.

I wonder if he has thought beyond Monday and how his executive order will effect his output on twitter. Will the courts uphold his attack on free speech.

I would hate to think someone is distributing unverified accusations on Social Media, I can't think of anybody that would be ass-hole enough to do that.
Some people are saying he's a murderer. I don't know.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'll second that thanks to @Goatman. TV and radio, even the usually reliable Michael Mosely and Hannah Frye, have been quite poor at presenting good analysis of the science surrounding this disease, it's good to see actual literature with solid figures being discussed without feeling the need to add 'umin interest or "god bless our brave doctors and nurses".

No problem.

I appreciate this is slightly off-topic but this is an update from yesterday, relating mostly to UK:

Luckily, the USA is a polite society full of intelligent, tolerant people.

'President Donald Trump on Wednesday evening promoted a video from the Cowboys for Trump Twitter account which began with the line, “I’ve come to the conclusion that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

'The video in question features Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin addressing an anti-lockdown rally in which he made bloodthirsty declarations about Democratic lawmakers. “Thank you Cowboys,” Trump wrote in response to the video. “See you in New Mexico!”

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Luckily, the USA is a polite society full of intelligent, tolerant people.

'President Donald Trump on Wednesday evening promoted a video from the Cowboys for Trump Twitter account which began with the line, “I’ve come to the conclusion that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

'The video in question features Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin addressing an anti-lockdown rally in which he made bloodthirsty declarations about Democratic lawmakers. “Thank you Cowboys,” Trump wrote in response to the video. “See you in New Mexico!”

Did you actually watch the video? Or yet again are you just using the SWAG method?

He mentioned in the political sense, because the Democrats and their policies are doing more to harm our country, than the Rona. Which is a sentiment that is felt very strongly in Red America. In order to end that, they have to be voted out of office.

Did you actually watch the video? Or yet again are you just using the SWAG method?

He mentioned in the political sense, because the Democrats and their policies are doing more to harm our country, than the Rona. Which is a sentiment that is felt very strongly in Red America. In order to end that, they have to be voted out of office.
Bolleaux.

There’s no way that phrase can be interpreted ‘politically’.

He did clarity his intention, because he knew what would happen. Liberals tend to get hurt feelings very easily when they are on the receiving end.
Good job fatty takes it on the chin and doesn't get all pissy when the media get on HIS case. I have never seen a more sensitive snowflake than poor me Donny.

Last edited:

BigT

LE

His initial statement seemed to go down well before he walked it back. As for Democrat policies, Trump has been president for four years two of which he controlled both houses, blaming the opposition for everything wrong eventually gets tiresome.

His initial statement seemed to go down well before he walked it back. As for Democrat policies, Trump has been president for four years two of which he controlled both houses, blaming the opposition for everything wrong eventually gets tiresome.
If you folks really wanted to discuss all aspects of his Presidency, then why ignore the meaningful achievement I posted yesterday.

Then we can go back to crickets, as normal because it is a positive thing from his administration.

Fatty's going to need burping today.....

Trump’s Net Approval IMPLODES in His Favorite Poll — Down 15 Points in 3 Weeks. By Tommy ChristopherMay 27th, 2020. Full Link

President 'Everybody Loves Me' Trump got more bad polling news, as his net approval cratered in a pair of new surveys — including the one he often cites because it typically shows him faring better than others.

The Politico/Morning Consult poll had his net approval at a whopping minus 17, with 40 percent approving of the job Trump is doing and 57 percent disapproving. That marked a 7-point drop in that poll since May 8, when his net approval was at minus ten.

But in the Rasmussen daily tracking poll, which Trump and his White House frequently cite because Trump tends to overperform in it, the bloodbath was even bloodier. On May 8, Trump was dead even with 49 percent approval and 49 percent disapproval.

Three weeks later, Trump’s net approval has sunk by fifteen points, with 42 percent approval and 57 percent disapproval.

The crash in Trump’s approval numbers comes as public opinion about his response to the coronavirus pandemic trends in the same negative direction, and the U.S. death toll from Covid-19 approaches 100,000.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well it can't be because of his own actions so it must be the millions & millions & millions of Liberal thinking people that fail to understand how awesomely wonderful the Commander in Clot really is.

Still, Americans voted him in and they will probably close those blinkered eyes & ears come November and vote the clown back in again.

Fool us once - shame on Trump, Fool us twice shame on America.

Interesting take on the "Well regulated militias" and loud shirt wearing insurrectionists who pop up at Trump rallies.
A lovely unhinged mass of loonies, racists, traitors, survivalists and wannabe revolutionaries all unified by their love of guns.

Last edited:
If you folks really wanted to discuss all aspects of his Presidency, then why ignore the meaningful achievement I posted yesterday.

Then we can go back to crickets, as normal because it is a positive thing from his administration.
It's a good thing, but it would be far better to un-**** your entire healthcare system.

It's a good thing, but it would be far better to un-**** your entire healthcare system.
Our healthcare system is different then what you are used to. But it works rather well compared to others. Could it be improved?? Certainly, and I am sure Post COVID many aspects of it will be picked apart to see how things could be done better.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

That link doesn't really show Donny in a good light. Did you read it?

He comes across as an uneducated moron.

Our healthcare system is different then what you are used to. But it works rather well compared to others.
Your health system has you cheering a president that is reducing the cost of medicine that people need to live. It shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

It does not work "rather well compared to others". But then you haven't actually experienced how decent systems work.

Latest Threads