The Trump Presidency...

Death by government negligence (as in NY's health system) is one thing; (potential) death by own-choice, deliberate, ostrich-like behaviour is another level of stupidity.
Then they can exercise their "Freedom" and roll the dice like everybody else. But you have to understand many of them have not had a choice in this whole affair and have been muddling through it like everybody else. I have been exposed to COVID as have most people here. At what point does safety become the overriding priority?

Then they can exercise their "Freedom" and roll the dice like everybody else. But you have to understand many of them have not had a choice in this whole affair and have been muddling through it like everybody else. I have been exposed to COVID as have most people here. At what point does safety become the overriding priority?
Die richer or die poorer; you still die.

offog

LE
They also said that they already prescribe it for it's primary use and for other conditions like Lupus, it's one of a number of drugs they have stocked up on that are being looked at in regard to COVID-19 just in case but as they all have other uses they will be used regardless.
There have already been reports of people who actually need this having difficulty getting it due to panic proscription being issued in the US.

What Emcon can't see is that the government has played a blinder to ensure that those who actually need the drug can still get it from the NHS. The money has not been wasted as the stock will be used up as and when and we will not see screeching reports in the Guardian on how the government is killing off people because they didn't plan ahead. Some one in power understand cause and effect and acted fast. Unfortunately we will probably never know which CS took the brave steps to protect supply.

There have already been reports of people who actually need this having difficulty getting it due to panic proscription being issued in the US.

What Emcon can't see is that the government has played a blinder to ensure that those who actually need the drug can still get it from the NHS. The money has not been wasted as the stock will be used up as and when and we will not see screeching reports in the Guardian on how the government is killing off people because they didn't plan ahead. Some one in power understand cause and effect and acted fast. Unfortunately we will probably never know which CS took the brave steps to protect supply.
Ah, a bit like 'protect the NHS' that's there to save your life, by dying early and quietly so you don't trouble them?

@Goatman @Maple

Well, well, well, it seems the rest of the world is catching up with President Trump!

Global clinical trial of 40,000+ healthcare workers begins to test in UK if chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine can prevent COVID-19 — CTMGH

And believe me they wouldn't be throwing money at a clinical trial if there wasn't already promising pilot studies.
Even the state-controlled Turkish media are dissing the idea!

'A multinational study of 96,032 COVID-19 patients has found that treatments that include hydroxychloroquine and the closely related chloroquine were associated with an increased risk of in-hospital mortality.

'The study, published in medical journal the Lancet, examined four treatment regimens, combinations of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine with or without a macrolide, a component used in pharmaceutical drugs that has antibiotic properties.

'The study was “unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine,” while each of the analysed treatment regimens was found to be “associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19.”

'The hydroxychloroquine alone increased risk of mortality by 34 percent and serious arrhythmia by 137 percent, the study found. The combination of hydroxychloroquine and a macrolide, which U.S. President Donald Trump endorsed and Turkish authorities announced as the preferred method for treatment in Turkey, increased risk of mortality by 45 percent, and serious arrhythmia by 411 percent.'

offog

LE
'The hydroxychloroquine alone increased risk of mortality
Which is what Trump said but it was OK as they were in a VA home and nearly dead anyway.

He insinuated that that would not be the case for healthy people like him.

Edited to add - about 1.30

and again 2.30

Last edited:
Suicide by stupidity is Darwinian natural selection.
so, 35% of the Trump voting populace will self immolate when they realise how how stupid they have behaved?

so, 35% of the Trump voting populace will self immolate when they realise how how stupid they have behaved?
Well, numbers certainly seem to be going up!

'US protesters who decried COVID-19 as fake and an attack on their liberties have been carrying the disease back to their remote communities.

'And it was their use of the same mobile phones they accuse of being channels of contagion that gave them away. Anonymous SIM-card location data reportedly shows thousands of demonstrators travelling hundreds of kilometres to make their point in regional capitals. They then return to their heartland communities – reinvigorated in their purpose, but also carrying the virus.

'Such protesters are a small but vocal minority within the US. But anti-vaccination, anti-quarantine and anti-5G phone tower movements have begun to merge their efforts into larger gatherings. And this is spreading worldwide. But their zeal comes at a price. In one instance, more than 70 people who attended an unauthorised 1500-strong rally at the Wisconsin State Capitol in late April later tested positive for COVID-19. Another event in Lansing, Michigan, saw armed protesters break into the State Capitol – forcing police to intervene physically. Participants were tracked travelling up to 300km afterwards – despite movement restrictions.

“There was a company that put a geofence around the first protest, and it does appear to correlate with where we saw some COVID activity soar,” Governor Gretchen Whitmer told local media last week. According to US ABC news, she later told US Vice President Mike Pence: “What we have seen from initial protests here is that we’ve got COVID-19 spreading in rural parts of our state, from which people travelled.”

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum.

'In the last few weeks a spate of American stores have made headlines after putting up signs telling customers who wear masks they will be denied entry. On Thursday, Vice reported on a Kentucky convenience store that put up a sign reading: “NO Face Masks allowed in store. Lower your mask or go somewhere else. Stop listening to [Kentucky governor Andy] Beshear, he’s a dumbass.”

'Another sign was posted by a Californian construction store earlier this month encouraging hugs but not masks. In Illinois, a gas station employee who put up a similar sign has since defended herself, arguing that mask-wearing made it hard to differentiate between adults and children when selling booze and cigarettes.

'Meanwhile, Donald Trump finally caved and wore a face mask yesterday – something he didn’t want to “give the press the pleasure of seeing”. But while it is gratifying to see the emperor finally forced to wear clothes, you’ve got to wonder to what extent the virus will spread thanks to the actions of citizens insisting on protecting their “freedom” over the right of others not to get sick.

'Anti-lockdown protesters have argued that it is anti-American for the government to curtail people’s freedoms in order to reduce deaths as a result of Covid-19. Meanwhile, store owners tell customers what they can and cannot wear before entering, and customers cough in the faces of workers in the name of freedom.'

They also said that they already prescribe it for it's primary use and for other conditions like Lupus, it's one of a number of drugs they have stocked up on that are being looked at in regard to COVID-19 just in case but as they all have other uses they will be used regardless.
Yep.. People are stuffing themselves with vitamin D, nobody is claiming its a cure or vaccine and trump certainly hasn't made any claims, beyond its worth a punt in his and his doctors minds...... The negative medical studies so far, have shown if your viral load is large enough and your on a ventilator, then it will do more damage than good, due to side effects.

However, trump is NOT on a ventilator and I simply point out the complete lack of objectivity of the media to link the two.

Getting back to the amusing side of the Trump reign.......I finished up planting corn after 1 am and decided to watch a bit of late night tv which I haven’t done in years only to see this advert run 4 times in the space of 30 minutes. If anyone one is looking for a birthday gift for @Spank-it to cuddle with, think l found it plus you get the bonus bear that enjoys golf clubs shoved up its arsę......

Getting back to the amusing side of the Trump reign.......I finished up planting corn after 1 am and decided to watch a bit of late night tv which I haven’t done in years only to see this advert run 4 times in the space of 30 minutes. If anyone one is looking for a birthday gift for @Spank-it to cuddle with, think l found it plus you get the bonus bear that enjoys golf clubs shoved up its arsę......

Hmm: (orange) hair bear.

I ordered 666,000 already using a VPN,Chumps own banking information and Steamboats address.
1590237497534.png

BigT

LE
Yep.. People are stuffing themselves with vitamin D, nobody is claiming its a cure or vaccine and trump certainly hasn't made any claims, beyond its worth a punt in his and his doctors minds...... The negative medical studies so far, have shown if your viral load is large enough and your on a ventilator, then it will do more damage than good, due to side effects.

However, trump is NOT on a ventilator and I simply point out the complete lack of objectivity of the media to link the two.
There is the law of unintended consequences, Trumps tacit endorsement means some people will be jumping through hoops to get their hands on it denying supply to those who actually need it. For those who can have it prescribed by a doctor with knowledge of an individuals medical history there shouldn't be a problem but what about those who can't afford to go that route and will put themselves at risk by buying it from the internet or other sources. I'd take a guess that there's as healthy black market for hydroxychloroquine as there is for opiods the problem is that you don't really know what you're buying but like Trump said "what have you got to lose"?.

edited for really really bad spelling

Last edited:
There is the law of inintended consequences, Trumps tacit endorsment means some people will be jumping through hoops to get their hands on it denying supply to those who actually need it. For those who can have it prescribed by a doctor with knowlege of an individuals medical history there shouldn't be a problem but what about those who can't afford to go that route and will put themselves at risk by buying it from the internet or other sources. I'd take a guess that there's as healthy black market for hydroxychloroquine as there is for opiods the problem is that you don't really know what youre buying but like Trump said "what have you got to lose"?.
Yes, the one criticism that I have never denied about trump is he is so transparent that he simply doesn't think through fully the consequences before opening his yap.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
<< Health
Antimalarial drug touted by President Trump is linked to increased risk of death in coronavirus patients, study says
An analysis of 96,000 patients shows those treated with hydroxychloroquine were also more likely to suffer irregular heart rhythms >>

Question: who owns stock options in the US Pharmaceutical company which produces Hydroxychloroquine......? :scratch:

Stock price: MYL (NASDAQ) US$15.64

Just askin' like, for a friend as you might say....I'll get me coat....

<< Health
Antimalarial drug touted by President Trump is linked to increased risk of death in coronavirus patients, study says
An analysis of 96,000 patients shows those treated with hydroxychloroquine were also more likely to suffer irregular heart rhythms >>

Question: who owns stock options in the US Pharmaceutical company which produces Hydroxychloroquine......? :scratch:

Stock price: MYL (NASDAQ) US$15.64

Just askin' like, for a friend as you might say....I'll get me coat....
That was shown in a post I put upthread.

The clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine alone, and with several other drugs in various combinations, showed that the patients in the control who got nothing (apart from standard care) did better than those given the drugs.

By "better" I mean died less.

Latest Threads