The Trump Presidency...

BigT

LE
Well, It turns out in NYC the Mayor DeBlasio auctioned off the cities extra Ventilators back in 2015

This after we found out California had mobile hospitals and either auctioned them off or just junked the equipment in dumpsters-

They were ready to roll whenever disaster struck California: three 200-bed mobile hospitals that could be deployed to the scene of a crisis on flatbed trucks and provide advanced medical care to the injured and sick within 72 hours.

Each hospital would be the size of a football field, with a surgery ward, intensive care unit and X-ray equipment. Medical response teams would also have access to a massive stockpile of emergency supplies: 50 million N95 respirators, 2,400 portable ventilators and kits to set up 21,000 additional patient beds wherever they were needed.

In 2006, citing the threat of avian flu, then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced the state would invest hundreds of millions of dollars in a powerful set of medical weapons to deploy in the case of large-scale emergencies and natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires and pandemics.

“In light of the pandemic flu risk, it is absolutely a critical investment,” he told a news conference. “I’m not willing to gamble with the people’s safety.”

New York and California's decisions seem to have been driven by cost cutting due to a massive recession that started at the end of GW Bush's tenure, you may remember it. I don't know about ventilators but I'm familiar with the N 95 respirators as I'm using them daily, they have specific storage conditions and a shelf life and most of the stock held in 2015 would probably be passed their use by date today.

Trump received an intelligence briefing in late 2019 warning of a potential COVID-19 pandemic and a further serious warning via Navarro's memo in January 2020. In February 2020 the US shipped 17 tons of PPE and ventilators to China, VP Mike Pence tweeted video of the stock being loaded onto transport aircraft.

BigT

LE
Same in NYC apparently 50% less hospital admissions than last Thursday according to governor Cuomo's (D) briefing, though more deaths today

back to your circle jerk now
50%, it really depends on what it's 50% of:
Addressing a press conference Wednesday, Cuomo said that deaths would likely continue to rise as coronavirus patients who have been on ventilators for days or weeks succumb to the disease. He said: ‘They are more than just a statistic. Every number is a face. Every number is a family. We mourn these New Yorkers deeply.

''U.S. President Donald Trump will benefit financially if hydroxychloroquine becomes an established treatment for COVID-19.''

Mostly False at most he owns US$1,485 worth of the stock

Oh Dear Mr Spanks it

Is there a lower limit as to how much a sitting President is allowed to personally profit from their decisions, or do the rules just say it's not allowed?

Maybe he should have sold the entire peanut farm?

Mr Happy

LE
Is there a lower limit as to how much a sitting President is allowed to personally profit from their decisions, or do the rules just say it's not allowed?

Maybe he should have sold the entire peanut farm?
As I recall, no there isn't. To get around this most previous presidents put their wealth into trust. Trump was the first not to. Secondly, if you don't like it, the impeachment process is supposed to be the process to slap the President down, but as we know, that process is broken as it allows law makers to vote down party lines rather than have any back-bone.

Jeez mate, that's some obsession you have there over this guy.
Yep, and what a wonderful resource to fall back on when the Truppits start bleating about a Democratic President not following the rules :frustrated:

Hmmmm some choice we have for 2020, Trump or Biden.

I guess this will be another Federal election I won't be voting in.
I feel the same way - Biden, is that the best they can come up with?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
''U.S. President Donald Trump will benefit financially if hydroxychloroquine becomes an established treatment for COVID-19.''

Oh Dear Mr Spanks it
Would that be the same Snopes that back down the thread aways you were shrilly denouncing as a left wing shill site?

Yep, and what a wonderful resource to fall back on when the Truppits start bleating about a Democratic President not following the rules
Mate, even I couldn't care that much and I live in the US.

I don't consider you a truppit btw.
They know who they are.
I'm thinking we could have another four years of Trump. Biden doesn't even know what day it is most of the time which I suppose makes it easier for the likes of Pelosi & Co to control him.

I'm thinking we could have another four years of Trump. Biden doesn't even know what day it is most of the time which I suppose makes it easier for the likes of Pelosi & Co to control him.
Better to have a Pelosi puppet than a Putin puppet :cool:

Better to have a Pelosi puppet than a Putin puppet :cool:
You would think so but having lived here for a very long time I know better. A Pelosi puppet is just as dangerous as a Putin puppet.

If you don't believe that then just remind yourself of the hypocrisy of politicians regardless of party. Some of the twats we have in power now make the old Soviet Politburo look positively right of centre.

1586549315891.png

You would think so but having lived here for a very long time I know better. A Pelosi puppet is just as dangerous as a Putin puppet.

If you don't believe that then just remind yourself of the hypocrisy of politicians regardless of party. Some of the twats we have in power now make the old Soviet Politburo look positively right of centre.
I dont think Pelosi is far behind Biden, into the dementia ward.

I dont think Pelosi is far behind Biden, into the dementia ward.
I watched Joe Biden give an interview last night. Seriously, I don't think he knew where he was and he kept going off on a tangent about stuff that had nothing to do with what he was being asked.

If he does become President I can see his team of carers being larger than his Secret Service detail. This is the result and the best they can come up with after spending the last couple years trying to oust Trump.

Also Senator Maxine Waters, there is one lady that should have been retired some time back. She has really lost the plot, she's at the point were she makes Dianne Abbott look reasonably intelligent.

Last edited:
I watched Joe Biden give an interview last night. Seriously, I don't think he knew where he was and he kept going off on a tangent about stuff that had nothing to do with what he was being asked.

If he does become President I can see his team of carers being larger than his Secret Service detail. This is the result and the best they can come up with after spending the last couple years trying to oust Trump.

Also Senator Maxine Waters, there is one lady that should have been retired some time back. She has really lost the plot, she's at the point were she makes Dianne Abbott look reasonably intelligent.
Congresswoman.. Unfortunately I have had about 5 robocalls in the last week from her. She is off the tracks completely.

50%, it really depends on what it's 50% of:
Addressing a press conference Wednesday, Cuomo said that deaths would likely continue to rise as coronavirus patients who have been on ventilators for days or weeks succumb to the disease. He said: ‘They are more than just a statistic. Every number is a face. Every number is a family. We mourn these New Yorkers deeply.
Trump's mindset is entirely focused on New York, because that is the heart of his property empire.
Coincidentally, New York was the initial hot-spot of the US outbreak. So the response in the media hub has coincided with the Presidents tunnel vision.

That just means it is the start point of the standard pandemic curve, so will peak and plateau as normal.

Meanwhile, the disease is also running riot in other urban centres, such as New Orleans, and a properly functional Federal response would be responding to a National crisis.

Instead, Trump has abdicated responsibility, and let the State governors mount their own responses. He has also actively disabled the Federal response by allowing multiple leadership groups to become established. He has a massive distrust of the Federal system because he is convinced it is part of a Deep State that is trying to remove him from office.

Trump's mindset is entirely focused on New York, because that is the heart of his property empire.
Coincidentally, New York was the initial hot-spot of the US outbreak. So the response in the media hub has coincided with the Presidents tunnel vision.

That just means it is the start point of the standard pandemic curve, so will peak and plateau as normal.

Meanwhile, the disease is also running riot in other urban centres, such as New Orleans, and a properly functional Federal response would be responding to a National crisis.

Instead, Trump has abdicated responsibility, and let the State governors mount their own responses. He has also actively disabled the Federal response by allowing multiple leadership groups to become established. He has a massive distrust of the Federal system because he is convinced it is part of a Deep State that is trying to remove him from office.
You mean he's self-centred, pig ignorant, out of his depth, grossly incompetent and totally useless?

Yes, we know.

I've just watched somw clips of one of Trump's press conferences on Coronavirus. "Highlights:"

• Mentions the stock market gains; no word of the (nearly) 17 million who have filed for unemployment benefits in the past 3 weeks. (He did later say that he loves them)
  • Falsely claimed that carbon levels in the atmosphere were at an all-time best right now.
  • That he doesn't think that a large scale testing protocol will be necessary because peopl won't go to hospital and / or get sick
  • Was confused between millions, billions and trillions
  • Referred to the virus as a germ, and then stated that it is so strong that antibiotics couldn't keep up with it
  • 8 weeks ago there were going to be 0 US deaths. 2 weeks ago he was going to have everyone in churches by easter. Now he's making comments along the lines of 60k deaths will be a win.

He's not the best at these things, really.

Last edited:
I've just watched somw clips of one of Trump's press conferences on Coronavirus. "Highlights:"

• Mentions the stock market gains; no word of the (nearly) 17 million who have filed for unemployment benefits in the past 3 weeks. (He did later say that he loves them)
  • Falsely claimed that carbon levels in the atmosphere were at an all-time best right now.
  • That he doesn't think that a large scale testing protocol will be necessary because peopl won't go to hospital and / or get sick
  • Was confused between millions, billions and trillions
  • Referred to the virus as a germ, and then stated that it is so strong that antibiotics couldn't keep up with it
  • 8 weeks ago there were going to be 0 US deaths. 2 weeks ago he was going to have everyone in churches by easter. Now he's making comments along the lines of 60k deaths will be a win.

He's not the best at these things, really.
May I refer the honourable gentleman to the post immediately above his.

And just in case the Truppits don't get it, antibiotics DO NOT work AT ALL on a virus. Despite what the worlds greatest genius who has ever lived might think. Although that could be a Deep State/Democratic plot. Things which show the idiot up for being the idiot he is, usually are in their world.

Latest Threads