The Trump Presidency...

Even more on the Kushner-led collection of conflicts of interests and cronyism that is complicating the Trump Coronavirus response.
I've been following that story for a while now, it falls into the swamp along with the Chump Org grabbing 1st dibs on any bailout money for the hotel industry. Yet when Congress ask questions they get ffffff'd off at high port and receive a nasty twit for their troubles from the master dimwit.

Fantastic stuff:

Cuomo March 7th:

Cuomo March 30th:
I'll raise you...

The same media that told thier TDS veiwers there was nothing to worry about at the begging, claim it's his fault in the present.

This is as bitter sweet as the industrial chemicals they drank...

Alana Goodman - March 30, 2020 3:00 PM

The Arizona woman who said that she and her 68-year-old husband ingested a substance used to clean fish tanks after hearing President Donald Trump tout chloroquine as a cure for the coronavirus has given thousands of dollars to Democratic groups and candidates over the last two years.
The woman's most recent donations, in late February, were to a Democratic PAC, the 314 Action Fund, that bills itself as the "pro-science resistance" and has vocally criticized the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic and held up her case to slam the White House.
Although local and national media outlets withheld the couple's names, the Washington Free Beacon established their identities through descriptions in local news reports, where the pair were identified by their first names and ages: Gary, 68, and Wanda, 61. The Free Beacon is withholding their identities at Wanda's request.
Federal Election Commission records show that Wanda has donated thousands of dollars to Democratic electoral groups and candidates over the past two years, including Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and EMILY's List, a group that aims to elect pro-choice female candidates.
Wanda told the Free Beacon that she and her husband were both Democrats, not Trump supporters. They heard about the potential benefits of chloroquine, an antimalarial drug, in news reports. She decided at the "spur of the moment" to try taking it, but reached for a fish tank cleaner in her pantry that contains chloroquine phosphate, a different and deadly form of the chemical. The Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency authorization for the use of chloroquine to treat coronavirus on Sunday.
"We weren't big supporters of [Trump], but we did see that they were using it in China and stuff," Wanda told the Free Beacon. "And we just made a horrible, tragic mistake," she said. "It was stupid, and it was horrible, and we should have never done it. But it's done and now I've lost my husband. And my whole life was my husband."
"We didn't think it would kill us," she added. "We thought if anything it would help us ‘cus that's what we've been hearing on the news."
In her first national news interview, Wanda told NBC News that she took the fish tank cleaner in a tragically botched attempt to follow medical advice that Trump had relayed in a press conference earlier that week.

"We saw Trump on TV—every channel—and all of his buddies and that this was safe," she said last Monday. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."
During a press briefing on March 19, the president pointed to medical studies indicating that chloroquine, a medication used to treat malaria, may be a "game changer" in treating the coronavirus. Wanda warned others in the same NBC News interview not to "believe anything that the president says."
Wanda's most recent contributions to Democratic causes came on Feb. 26 and 28. They went to the 314 Action Fund, a Democratic political action committee that describes itself as "the largest pro-science advocacy organization committed to electing scientists" and aims to "promote the responsible use of data driven fact based approaches in public policy."
The group has been highly critical of Trump's coronavirus policies in recent weeks. In fact, on its Facebook page, the group slammed the Trump administration for the couple's actions, writing, "There are real consequences to the White House throwing its approval behind an experimental drug trial before it's time."
In the wake of the incident, media outlets tacitly blamed Trump for the tragedy. The New York Times noted that chloroquine "has been bandied about by President Trump during White House briefings on the coronavirus pandemic as a potential ‘game changer' in the treatment of Covid-19." Others, like Axios, ran corrections noting that the couple had not ingested the chloroquine in its medical form but rather the form "used in aquariums" after initially reporting that the couple had followed the president's faulty medical advice.
Wanda does not appear to have a long history of political donations, according to FEC reports. Her contributions to Democrats rose sharply over the past few years. Her first recorded political donation was $150 to Hillary Clinton in 2016, according to FEC records. The next year she gave $550 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. Since 2018, she has contributed approximately $6,000 to Democratic electoral groups.
She said she and her husband had decided to stay in their home to avoid catching the virus. They were spending much of their time watching media coverage.
"We were watching the news because we were self-isolating and getting pretty nervous. We were scared. I'm still scared," Wanda told the Free Beacon.
She said she and her husband are not active on social media and don't read much online news, but they get a lot of their information from television.
"I didn't know, and I didn't understand how serious it was," she added. "It was the worst situation I could ever, ever, ever imagine anybody being in."
Wanda told NBC News that her experience was a cautionary tale about taking the president's words at face value. "Oh my God, don't take anything. Don't believe anything that the president says and his people," she said. She told a local news outlet that she was still "pretty much in shock" over her husband's death.
"We were just having the best day before this happened. I made him his favorite lunch, grilled steak and asparagus and red potatoes, and we were just having the best Sunday," she said.
Source: Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner Was Prolific Donor to Democratic Causes

IIRC Trump said nothing of the sort, He didn;'t tell epople to take anything, He said treatment was promising, as was musch global medical research in the time leading up to that press breifing.

And now it truns out they were onto something, and self midication still isnt on the cards.
I think a cure for TDS is to watch the news 7 days late.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'll raise you...

The same media that told thier TDS veiwers there was nothing to worry about at the begging, claim it's his fault in the present.

This is as bitter sweet as the industrial chemicals they drank...

Source: Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner Was Prolific Donor to Democratic Causes

IIRC Trump said nothing of the sort, He didn;'t tell epople to take anything, He said treatment was promising, as was musch global medical research in the time leading up to that press breifing.

And now it truns out they were onto something, and self midication still isnt on the cards.
I think a cure for TDS is to watch the news 7 days late.
Your IQ is only exceeded by your command of the English language.

He never does, he just implies, normally followed by a shrug and "I don't know?".
Even if he did imply it, do you think that he implied that people should consider taking the medicine on the off chance it worked (and minimal risk if it didn’t, since it was already an approved, and well established, pharmaceutical treatment)... or do you think he implied that people should just go to their shed and drink anything that sounded vaguely similar?

Even if he did imply it, do you think that he implied that people should consider taking the medicine on the off chance it worked (and minimal risk if it didn’t, since it was already an approved, and well established, pharmaceutical treatment)... or do you think he implied that people should just go to their shed and drink anything that sounded vaguely similar?
Well that would depend.

If it worked, big strong men would be required to go up to the man who knows more about anything than anyone ever with tears in their eyes and say "Thank you Sir".

If it didn't then it's the equivalent of, "I don't know him, I never met the guy, I never had any dealings with him".

All as per Standard Operating Procedure No. 1 in the world of the clueless orange idiot.

Well that would depend.

If it worked, big strong men would be required to go up to the man who knows more about anything than anyone ever with tears in their eyes and say "Thank you Sir".

If it didn't then it's the equivalent of, "I don't know him, I never met the guy, I never had any dealings with him".

All as per Standard Operating Procedure No. 1 in the world of the clueless orange idiot.
so, again, do you think that he suggested people take the medicine, or drink whatever was under The sink?

i mean, Donald might say he likes eating Hoisin Duck - but it wouldn’t be his fault if the result of that was you drinking toilet duck.

Again

so, again, do you think that he suggested people take the medicine, or drink whatever was under The sink?

i mean, Donald might say he likes eating Hoisin Duck - but it wouldn’t be his fault if the result of that was you drinking toilet duck.

Again
He said it was approved by some Federal agency or other. The implication being it was ok to take. You're playing with words if you think he wasn't promoting the stuff to the public at large. the man is a clueless idiot, with no idea of what he is mumbling about.

He said it was approved by some Federal agency or other. The implication being it was ok to take. You're playing with words if you think he wasn't promoting the stuff to the public at large. the man is a clueless idiot, with no idea of what he is mumbling about.
It is approved, whether it’s effective is a different question, but taking, under prescription from a Doctor, it in the recommended dosage isn’t likely to cause you any problems, assuming you have no contraindicated conditions Hydroxychloroquine Uses, Dosage & Side Effects - Drugs.com

Fish tank cleaner on the other hand isn’t approved for ingestion, for any purpose

Last edited:
It is approved

Fish tank cleaner isn’t
You go right on believing he knows what he's doing and is looking out for the US population first and foremost and not his own interests. You know deep down that he isn't, so why you defend this incompetent crook is beyond me.

You go right on believing he knows what he's doing and is looking out for the US population first and foremost and not his own interests. You know deep down that he isn't, so why you defend this incompetent crook is beyond me.
Which should I criticise him for first?

Being a populist by Stopping flights from China in order to try and pretend he was slowing down the spread of the virus,

or should I criticise him for being a racist by stopping flights from China in order to ramp up his phone trade war with China?

Ritch

LE
So, officer writes to HQ
Letter is leaked to press.
Everyone ASSUMES he leaked it.
Officer is relieved of command.
Will be interesting if it turns out someone in the Pentagon was the source.
When I saw the letter in yesterday's news, I did briefly wonder if the commander would be in his position much longer. I didn't think it'd be as soon as 24 hours before he was pushed though. I feel bad for the guy. He obviously cares about his crew and the effect this'll have on his ship and he's fed to the sharks.

Again
But and it is a big BUT , if the orango in charge had not spouted what he did , which was not factual ( what a surprise) .

The old man who died would not have.

But its not the chumps fault , the buck does not stop on his desk.

Ritch

LE

Again
Donald - in all his wisdom - said that hydroxychloroquine could be “one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine” without any proof to back it up. Now Fox News and more specifically, Sean Hannity has been touting this drug on the network and claiming over and over that it has benefits - even after Dr Fauci has said that nothing his been proven at this time.

So you can't really blame people who are listening to supposedly the most powerful idiot man in the world. They're scared, desperate and take the drug thinking that if Trump has said this drug is the miracle he's claiming it to be, it must be safe.

could be “one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine” without any proof to back it up.
Could be - and Not entirely without proof: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-IHU-2-1.pdf
Though the jury is still out, and so far the results of studies is still mixed.

So you can't really blame people who are listening to supposedly the most powerful idiot man in the world. They're scared, desperate and take the drug thinking that if Trump has said this drug is the miracle he's claiming it to be, it must be safe.
The people involved didn’t take the drug, they ingested fish tank cleaner because it had an ingredient with a vaguely similar name. You can’t cure stupid!

Ritch

LE
Could be - and Not entirely without proof: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-IHU-2-1.pdf
Though the jury is still out, and so far the results of studies is still mixed.

The people involved didn’t take the drug, they ingested fish tank cleaner because it had an ingredient with a vaguely similar name. You can’t cure stupid!
I'm sorry, I'm not reading through 28 pages when there's plenty of stuff out there which sums it up in a more timely matter.

From the link: "However, a study just published in a French medical journal provides new evidence that hydroxychloroquine does not appear to help the immune system clear the coronavirus from the body."

All I know is that Trump heard someone mention this drug MIGHT be able to help in the fight against COVID19 and the next thing, he's claiming it's the next big thing. It's reckless and irresponsible.

I'm sorry, I'm not reading through 28 pages when there's plenty of stuff out there which sums it up in a more timely matter.

From the link: "However, a study just published in a French medical journal provides new evidence that hydroxychloroquine does not appear to help the immune system clear the coronavirus from the body."
Wait, so you're trying to disprove his suggestion that it could be an important treatment by quoting a small study that reported *after* he suggested it, instead of the larger study that reported *before* he suggested it, that said it was potentially effective

All I know is that Trump heard someone mention this drug MIGHT be able to help in the fight against COVID19 and the next thing, he's claiming it's the next big thing. It's reckless and irresponsible.
don't you mean "he's claiming it could be the next big thing", because he did use the word could when he said it, you've just chosen to ignore it, because it doesn't suit your conclusion.

Ritch

LE
Wait, so you're trying to disprove his suggestion that it could be an important treatment by quoting a small study that reported *after* he suggested it, instead of the larger study that reported *before* he suggested it, that said it was potentially effective

don't you mean "he's claiming it could be the next big thing", because he did use the word could when he said it, you've just chosen to ignore it, because it doesn't suit your conclusion.
I'm not attempting to disprove his suggestion at all and nothing I have written has said that. I selected the first news story out of several dozen talking about the same subject - that the drug doesn't help Coronavirus patients.

I'm talking about Trump's insistence to a global audience that the drug was the thing to beat Covid19 before any scientific proof was known. That's why his advisors immediately followed that with "there's no proof of that yet". I'm talking about him being reckless and irresponsible in doing so. Nothing else.

Latest Threads