The Trump Presidency...

After Repeatedly Downplaying Threat, Trump Now Says Keeping US Coronavirus Deaths to 100,000 Would Be a 'Good Job'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just over a month after proclaiming that the number of coronavirus cases in the United States would soon "be down to close to zero," President Donald Trump speaking as the death toll from the novel coronavirus climbed above 2,300 in the U.S.—which has the most confirmed cases of the virus in the world—Trump cited recent research warning that 2.2 million people in the U.S. could die from COVID-19 if the nation's government and population take no action to mitigate the threat.

"You're talking about 2.2 million deaths, 2.2 million people from this," the president said. "And so, if we can hold that down, as we're saying, to 100,000—that's a horrible number—maybe even less, but to 100,000, so we have between 100- and 200,000, we all together have done a very good job."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first glance this would seem to be a be a warning for the U.S, and it did need to be said, to expect a huge amount of deaths, and the **CDC did mention these kinds of numbers but knowing where this statement "limiting U.S. deaths from the pandemic to between 100,000 to 200,000 people would mean his administration and the country as a whole did a very good job". is coming from i.e: 'The Presidunce'. Mr Modest himself has already figured out that he can use these numbers for his own vanity afterwards. Any number less than 200,00, he will claim victory, that 'only he' saved thousands of people from dying, his speedy response, his tremendous, terrific, policies, and his direction from God Almighty. If the number of deaths are higher than 200,000 he will deny he ever said his administration did a great job keeping the numbers low, he will claim that if only people had listened to him the deaths would have been much lower, it was everybody's fault except his.

** I wouldn't be surprised to find out after this pandemic is said and done that Hair Furor demanded the CDC exaggerate the numbers to the max for future political gain.

After Repeatedly Downplaying Threat, Trump Now Says Keeping US Coronavirus Deaths to 100,000 Would Be a 'Good Job'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just over a month after proclaiming that the number of coronavirus cases in the United States would soon "be down to close to zero," President Donald Trump speaking as the death toll from the novel coronavirus climbed above 2,300 in the U.S.—which has the most confirmed cases of the virus in the world—Trump cited recent research warning that 2.2 million people in the U.S. could die from COVID-19 if the nation's government and population take no action to mitigate the threat.

"You're talking about 2.2 million deaths, 2.2 million people from this," the president said. "And so, if we can hold that down, as we're saying, to 100,000—that's a horrible number—maybe even less, but to 100,000, so we have between 100- and 200,000, we all together have done a very good job."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At first glance this would seem to be a be a warning for the U.S, and it did need to be said, to expect a huge amount of deaths, and the **CDC did mention these kinds of numbers but knowing where this statement "limiting U.S. deaths from the pandemic to between 100,000 to 200,000 people would mean his administration and the country as a whole did a very good job". is coming from i.e: 'The Presidunce'. Mr Modest himself has already figured out that he can use these numbers for his own vanity afterwards. Any number less than 200,00, he will claim victory, that 'only he' saved thousands of people from dying, his speedy response, his tremendous, terrific, policies, and his direction from God Almighty. If the number of deaths are higher than 200,000 he will deny he ever said his administration did a great job keeping the numbers low, he will claim that if only people had listened to him the deaths would have been much lower, it was everybody's fault except his.

** I wouldn't be surprised to find out after this pandemic is said and done that Hair Furor demanded the CDC exaggerate the numbers to the max for future political gain.
maybe it’s not Trump’s fault that the New York mayor encouraged everyone to get out on the town and enjoy themselves?

Why would it come back to haunt him?
Because he's a narcissistic prick and needs to get involved in everything. H&M didn't ask for any Security but if anything does happen he will probably tweet that "if only they had asked he would have given them the best security team ever." Thus, the 1st tweet will come back and haunt him.

Well, you did ask :)

Because he's a narcissistic prick and needs to get involved in everything. H&M didn't ask for any Security but if anything does happen he will probably tweet that "if only they had asked he would have given them the best security team ever." Thus, the 1st tweet will come back and haunt him.

I don't even think it would be legal for the Secret Service to be assigned as a detail to protect a foreign national for a long period of time...

How do we know they did not ask for security?

maybe it’s not Trump’s fault that the New York mayor encouraged everyone to get out on the town and enjoy themselves?
Why wouldn't the Mayor say that? He was going off Chumps statement that everything was under control and cases were soon about to be zero. << how's that working out for your master puppeteer btw?

How do we know they did not ask for security?
Oh, I don't know, maybe because they announced publicly they would be providing their own security?

The UK has never been as terrified by Communism or "reds" as the USA has. We don't lose all sense of rationality when discussing China.
Replace China with Russia and you folks get a bit concerned.

Now however it seems like your government is getting on board the "China Bad" bandwagon. All it took was a Pandemic but hey...

Why wouldn't the Mayor say that? He was going off Chumps statement that everything was under control and cases were soon about to be zero. << how's that working out for your master puppeteer btw?
Perhaps they would have been if Bill hadn't sent everyone off down the pub?

In other News - another Trump promise mocked as 'impossible' and then delivered:

Ritch

LE
Trump knows South Korea "better than anyone"...

Oh, I don't know, maybe because they announced publicly they would be providing their own security?
I don't follow the celebs so forgive my ignorance. What is the US standard procedure for visiting ex-royals/famous statesmen/women? Would the US normally supply security?

Did the ex-royals state they did not want security before or after the US authorities (not Trump's tweet) confirm that they would not get it?
Is this all just a nothing burger?

I don't follow the celebs so forgive my ignorance. What is the US standard procedure for visiting ex-royals/famous statesmen/women? Would the US normally supply security?

Did the ex-royals state they did not want security before or after the US authorities (not Trump's tweet) confirm that they would not get it?
Is this all just a nothing burger?
It's a nothing burger really. H&M publicly stated that they would be paying for their own security after they left the royal household, they neither asked nor expected Canada or the U.S to pay for their security.

1. No country had a handle on coronavirus.
2. China like russia lies about pretty much everything. So any number from those two entities can be x3.
3. The UK predicted a half million, then 30k, down to 20k and now we may get relatively lucky with less than 5k.
4. The US/Trump prediction is below our own upper estimate and with a significantly larger population. So its not invented for political reasons.

Like any crisis, politicians and the media are up to the usual game of apportioning blame and demanding actions immediatly. Once we come out of this, every opposition party in every country will suggest the deaths were the fault of the ruling party.

Trump has a handle on the media and seems to understand the psychology of the working stiff, which transcends the supposed party of the working man(democrats). IF the democrats come after him for corona, then he can point out how much the US relationship with china is something he has a history of opposition and it must be very frustrating for a democratic strategist :)

I can barely accept that 30% of the US think he's a good President...... it's the current extra 17% that think he's doing a good job about the the Pandemic that worries me. I hope it's just bad polling.

Replace China with Russia and you folks get a bit concerned.

Now however it seems like your government is getting on board the "China Bad" bandwagon. All it took was a Pandemic but hey...
No we don't actually, not in the way we are talking about.

Russia has always been part of the Great Game.

You really don't understand the British.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
He knows panic, better than anyone he knows panic
Donald Trump has launched a scathing attack on a CNN journalist who reminded the US president "of the way you downplayed this (coronavirus) crisis over the last couple of months."
When the journalist read Mr Trump previous comments he had made on the pandemic, the president said: "I don't want panic in the country. I could cause panic, much better than even you, I could make you look like a minor league player."

Fox News’ Brit Hume: It’s ‘Entirely Reasonable’ the Elderly Would Want to Die to Save Economy

Lindsey Ellefson
The Wrap•March 25, 2020

Well, I'm astonished. Who knew such selfless behaviour existed?

Latest Threads