The Trump Presidency...

No, Impeachment is viewed as ignoring the economy and issues the voters really care about. It is a waste of time when most people have come to grips with the fact that without a conviction in the Senate, Trump will not be removed from office.
Surely he wouldn't even have been in office to be impeached if the popular vote mattered?

Make your mind up, will you.

"labrat, post: 9698568, member: 6022"]
Well, she doesn’t really correct or give reasons, does she, just says its a personell issue and mentions that they were ”concerned about how he would manage a charged and potentially partisan issue”
She did give a reason and you've just outlined it. In an administration where POTUS and his aides are actually behaving as they should, following established protocols, rules and diplomatic norms, there would was no issues according to Fiona Hill with his judgment. The problem was Trump with his usual breaking the china method of dealing with matters required a different skill set such as a 'political antennae', which is the phrase she used. And this was outside of Vindmans field and experience.

But from his experience and knwoledge of the 'rules', he knew enough to think that what he heard in Trump's telephone conversation with Zelensky to be questionable.

(read into that what you will, like for example ‘there’s a risk he will leak sensitive information in order to damage Trump’)
That is now supposition.

And let’s not forget that at about 45 seconds in to the video I posted, Morrison clearly states that *other* NSC personnel had raised concerns about Vindman as well.
Who are these other people?

I could play the same game the Republicans are doing. 'You see, pot calling kettle, Tim Morrison, that one time policy director for the Republicans and therefore slam dunk yeeha pro trumper is smearing Vindman as being an unreliable discredited witness'.

Where is Schiff, what is he scared of?

I wonder who will be having the Happy Christmas this year.

Ah yes, Jim Jordan, wind him up and set him off spouting with his machine gun style delivery, smears and conspiracy theories to try and undermine the fact witnesses and evidence.

Gaetz is not quite out of the same mould but similar. But he still tries to ram his bullshit theories through.

We get it, it's parr for the course when you can't actually rebut the facts themselves.

I'm sure their reward will be in Trump heaven.

In an administration where POTUS and his aides are actually behaving as they should, following established protocols, rules and diplomatic norms, there would was no issues according to Fiona Hill with his judgment. The problem was Trump with his usual breaking the china method of dealing with matters required a different skill set such as a 'political antennae', which is the phrase she used. And this was outside of Vindmans field and experience.
thats your interpretation of what she was saying - the alternative interpretation is that she thought he was unable to separate his personal beliefs from the application of a rapidly changing (politically created and led) agenda. his radar wasn’t tuned to the fact that the political atmosphere had changed

But from his experience and knwoledge of the 'rules', he knew enough to think that what he heard in Trump's telephone conversation with Zelensky to be questionable.
then why didn't he take it through the chain of command? And why (after taking it to Eisenberg, the departmental attorney) did he then go off go off blabbing to all and sundry about it? (Still without discussing it with his supervisor - sounds like a pretty good example of seriously questionable judgement to Me!)

you’ll note that the other witness, Williams, didn‘t interpret the call the same way.

Last edited:

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
President Trump probably represents the views of a lot of Americans, and if he got thrown out of office by some legalistic machinations, wouldn't there be some real trouble.

D

Deleted 24582

President Trump probably represents the views of a lot of Americans, and if he got thrown out of office by some legalistic machinations, wouldn't there be some real trouble.
It would be sh*t show of epic proportion.

So, popularity=immunity.
By that exact argument, Taylor Swift could kill and eat babies on live television and get away with it.
Having fooled enough of the fools enough of the time, Trump now quite literally thinks he is a Louis XIV divine monarch.
He expects and demands absolute loyalty not to his office, but himself. He has turned the Conservative Republican Party, into a complicit personality cult.

Any attempts to hold him to account are quite literally posted as "treason".
This is the last stages of decay of a democracy, and would be familiar to any Ancient Roman who witnessed the rise of Julius Caesar.
Although Julius was a competent man, and not a retarded sociopath egoist like Trump.
Trump seems to fall somewhere between Nero and Caligula,but with the petty ignorant spitefulness of a Sicilian peasant Mafiosi.

So, popularity=immunity.
By that exact argument, Taylor Swift could kill and eat babies on live television and get away with it.
Having fooled enough of the fools enough of the time, Trump now quite literally thinks he is a Louis XIV divine monarch.
He expects and demands absolute loyalty not to his office, but himself. He has turned the Conservative Republican Party, into a complicit personality cult.

This is the last stages of decay of a democracy, and would be familiar to any Ancient Roman who witnessed the rise of Julius Caesar.
Although Julius was a competent man, and not a retarded sociopath egoist like Trump.
Trump seems to fall somewhere between Nero and Caligula,but with the petty ignorant spitefulness of a Sicilian peasant Mafiosi.
The blokes a mong. But a popular mong.

The left would have been better running someone competent against him. Dicking around with impeachment proceedings that will never conclude will just solidify his base and lose them the next election.

So, popularity=immunity.

Haha, you have a flair for the dramatic.

You might want to understand the importance of those States, old bean.
Nice change from it being the importance of Russia.

;)

Russia benefits from our own internal squabbles, the more we look inward the less we look outward.
And there you have it!

Now you should be the National Int Officer for Russia; brief the President, it isn't that President Putin likes you or thinks you are a force to be reckoned with. It is merely that your presence serves Russian foreign policy goals.

Brief that obvious conclusion into Trump and see what happens.

I would imagine it will be dismissed in favour of an orange hued vision of his own glory?

D

Deleted 24582

And there you have it!

Now you should be the National Int Officer for Russia; brief the President, it isn't that President Putin likes you or thinks you are a force to be reckoned with. It is merely that your presence serves Russian foreign policy goals.

Brief that obvious conclusion into Trump and see what happens.

I would imagine it will be dismissed in favour of an orange hued vision of his own glory?
I would be dismissed rather nastily. I know this, but Trump has one hell of an ego. If you want to advance your points you have to play to quirks of any person you have to work for. I would just tell Trump that Putin and all of Russia thinks he is a chump, not capable of doing anything correctly and throw in a few more insults. Then present the options to counter them whilst making him look totally awesome.

BigT

LE
Russia benefits from our own internal squabbles, the more we look inward the less we look outward.
But it isn't just your internal squabbles the Russia has benefited from, Russian Soy farmers have picked up the slack on the Soy trade with China, how easy do you think it will be for US producers to regain a foothold in that market once the trade disputes are resolved. Trump has already given around 40 billion in subsidies to the farmers in an effort to bail them out but farm bankruptcies are apparently hitting a record.

BigT

LE
Considering all the outrage over the Steele dossier I'm surprised Steele's friendship with Ivanka hadn't been mentioned before.

Considering all the outrage over the Steele dossier I'm surprised Steele's friendship with Ivanka hadn't been mentioned before.

Because Steele has shown to be either Impartial or truthful?

BigT

LE
Because Steele has shown to be either Impartial or truthful?
He hasn't been shown to be partisan or untruthful either, he was just doing the job he was employed to do, this bit of information has been out for over 24 hours has Ivanka said "I don't know him" yet.

He hasn't been shown to be partisan or untruthful either, he was just doing the job he was employed to do, this bit of information has been out for over 24 hours has Ivanka said "I don't know him" yet.
The CIA said he was a ‘purveyor of internet rumors’ and it was common knowledge he disliked Trump.

If he was a stand up guy - when approached for the job, he should have asked to be recused if he knew one of the Trumps.

I would be dismissed rather nastily. I know this, but Trump has one hell of an ego. If you want to advance your points you have to play to quirks of any person you have to work for. I would just tell Trump that Putin and all of Russia thinks he is a chump, not capable of doing anything correctly and throw in a few more insults. Then present the options to counter them whilst making him look totally awesome.
You realise you make it sound like you are preparing to brief an immature child? Rather than the Chief Executive of the US Government?

I think it very funny that entry level analysts are taught cognitive bias and perceptual distortion; but apparently that is beyond the President.

Never mind.

Nice and warm on his planet. Whilst hostile foreign states run rings around him.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
You realise you make it sound like you are preparing to brief an immature child? Rather than the Chief Executive of the US Government?

I think it very funny that entry level analysts are taught cognitive bias and perceptual distortion; but apparently that is beyond the President.

Never mind.

Nice and warm on his planet. Whilst hostile foreign states run rings around him.

This

Latest Threads