The Trump Presidency...

Nope not in recession , just living well above their needs .

Like just how much debt is the average US family deep into.

$13 trillion in debt for the country.

Any idiot can get a credit card , then pay it off with another and replete .

It’s a false economy .
That is nothing new though - Americans spend money and take credit like its growing. Its always been the way in my 15 years here.

And so did UK's unemployment rate - does this mean Boris Johnson had anything to do with it? f-all.
The U.S. - around 3.7, the UK around 3.8. It's called market economics.

D

Deleted 24582

Nope not in recession , just living well above their needs .

Like just how much debt is the average US family deep into.

$13 trillion in debt for the country.

Any idiot can get a credit card , then pay it off with another and replete .

It’s a false economy .
Your assumption is based on what though?

If you have a mortgage you are going to be in debt, same thing if you have a car payment.

It is a smoking hot economy.

D

Deleted 24582

huh? The way you talk, the U.S economy is in recession. It sure doesn't feel like it...
The English mindset is hard to read, especially when it comes to money. The sky is always falling, and we Muricans are spend thrifts buying lots of trinkets. But part of it is jealously me thinks.

Your assumption is based on what though?

If you have a mortgage you are going to be in debt, same thing if you have a car payment.

It is a smoking hot economy.
Read the article maybe,

Agreed with a mortgage you are in debt .

Having a debt of $6,849 on your revolving credit card or cards and paying $1,162 a year in interest is plain stupidity.

Having a $27,804 debt on your car loan is stupidity.

I remember working in Denver a few years ago in November 2014 , quite a few car dealers on the TV selling the “new” 2015 Dodge/ Ford pickup gas guzzler , “ Well come on in , with a $ 500 deposit you can walk out with the new 2015 model .” Tiny print on the screen about the 60 monthly repayments at 23% apr.

Read the transcript.

The· President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows alot about it. I would like you to find out what happened withthis whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your weal thy people... The server, they say Ukraine has. to There-are a lot. of things that went on, the·:whole situation .. I think you1 re _surrounding yourself with someof the same people. I .would like to have the Attorney Generalcall you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it�. As you say yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueuler, an incompetent performance, but they. say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, ·it's very important that· you. do it if that's possible.

That is not evidence of a crime.
I see your go to source for evidence is Trump’s domain of the White House. What sort of evidence do you think they’ll provide?

here’s a summary of Vindman’s testimony:

If you doubt its veracity there’s a link to the full testimony in the first paragraph, all 300 odd pages.

As you can see, he explained that he was one a group who were listening in on the call between the two presidents and that his suggested edits were not included, those that recalled Biden and Burisma being mentioned. Wierd that, isn’t it?

D

Deleted 24582

Read the article maybe,

Having a debt of $6,849 on your revolving credit card or cards and paying $1,162 a year in interest is plain stupidity.

I remember working in Denver a few years ago in November 2014 , quite a few car dealers on the TV selling the “new” 2015 Dodge/ Ford pickup gas guzzler , “ Well come on in , with a $ 500 deposit you can walk out with the new 2015 model .” Tiny print on the screen about the 60 monthly repayments at 23% apr.

Credit card debt happens.

But my truck loan was for $33,128.50 at 3.99 percent. I can get about 20 mpg highway/city average most days. It ain't that bad.

But here is the question for you? How much do you having in savings?

The English mindset is hard to read, especially when it comes to money. The sky is always falling, and we Muricans are spend thrifts buying lots of trinkets. But part of it is jealously me thinks.
Yes you must be right , here I am , English, joined up at 16 did 27 years in the Army, now have two paid off properties, only ever bought 1 car on credit all the rest in cash, go on two great holidays a year , this Christmas it’s Kenya and the Seychelles . If I see some thing I want buy it in cash , could easily retire at 55 but love my job . I am not the slightest bit jealous either. My sister who has been living in the USA since 89 and is now a citizen is thinking of going back to the UK. She , her husband and all their friends are in depression about what Trump is doing, all well paid professions BTW. Drs, Lawyers, teachers, dentists and owners of their own successful businesses.

Credit card debt happens.

But my truck loan was for $33,128.50 at 3.99 percent. I can get about 20 mpg highway/city average most days. It ain't that bad.

But here is the question for you? How much do you having in savings?
Me about 650,000 pounds.

And you?

I get 5.1 liters per 100 km in my car. That’s 46 mpg in us gallons.

Tiny print on the screen about the 60 monthly repayments at 23% apr.
As you say that was a few years ago. These days unless ones credit is in the toilet, the interest rate on a vehicle loan is sitting at a fixed rate of around 3.25% over 60 months. Lower rate if it's paid back over say 48 or 36 months.

D

Deleted 24582

Me about 650,000 pounds.

And you?

Liquid assets about 38 K
Retirement is about 60K

I drive in conditions that would make your car an expensive lawn ornament. Sedan's are not the be all end all out here.

Read the article maybe,

23%? I have good credit - My last two new cars were 0% interest. I am currently shopping for a car and have been offered zero percent from three of the big companies again. USed cars are only 4- 6.9% for me.

I see your go to source for evidence is Trump’s domain of the White House. What sort of evidence do you think they’ll provide?

If you doubt its veracity there’s a link to the full testimony in the first paragraph, all 300 odd pages.

As you can see, he explained that he was one a group who were listening in on the call between the two presidents and that his suggested edits were not included, those that recalled Biden and Burisma being mentioned. Wierd that, isn’t it?
Interesting - He has evidence of this I assume?

Me about 650,000 pounds.

And you?

Can it pull my boat or camper? Can it carry 6 people and equipment for a long weekend of camping? 4Wd drive as well?

Yes you must be right , here I am , English, joined up at 16 did 27 years in the Army, now have two paid off properties, only ever bought 1 car on credit all the rest in cash, go on two great holidays a year , this Christmas it’s Kenya and the Seychelles . If I see some thing I want buy it in cash , could easily retire at 55 but love my job . I am not the slightest bit jealous either. My sister who has been living in the USA since 89 and is now a citizen is thinking of going back to the UK. She , her husband and all their friends are in depression about what Trump is doing, all well paid professions BTW. Drs, Lawyers, teachers, dentists and owners of their own successful businesses.
And just what has he done that personally affected them?

Just like Deniro and the rest of the screaming monkeys?

How many left?

D

Deleted 24582

Would you like a medal??

Would you like a medal??
No would you like a president that is not the butt of the jokes for every other World leader.

Wonder what little rocket mans gift for Xmas to Trump will be?

Wonder how the thousands of US troops on warning to deploy to the gulf are thinking of their leader . Mind must be happy after their 10 % pay rise he said was coming down the line? But they never got as he is a lying snake oil seller.

D

Deleted 24582

No would you like a president that is not the butt of the jokes for every other World leader.

Wonder what little rocket mans gift for Xmas to Trump will be?

Wonder how the thousands of US troops on warning to deploy to the gulf are thinking of their leader . Mind must be happy after their 10 % pay rise he said was coming down the line? But they never got as he is a lying snake oil seller.
Bit of a lesson I was taught early on in life.
No matter what you do you, people are not going to like you. You have to be able to say "Fu*k' em" and drive on. The world is not exactly something to be envious of, because it has it's own problems that make ours look rather 1st world in nature.

What other countries are going to contribute to securing the ME and keeping the Gulf open? But the screaming would be vile, if it were to be closed and they lost their source of cheapish energy.

he basic pay raises since 2007:
1 January 2007: 2.2%
1 April 2007: 0.5%
1 January 2008: 3.5%
1 January 2009: 3.9%
1 January 2010: 3.4%
1 January 2011: 1.4%
1 January 2012: 1.6%
1 January 2013: 1.7%
1 January 2014: 1.0%
1 January 2015: 1.0%
1 January 2016: 1.3%
1 January 2017: 2.1%
1 January 2018: 2.4%
1 January 2019: 2.6%

It is not ten percent but if you want to only count 2018 and 2019 it is 5 percent, with a 3.1 percent raise proposed for 2020. Which is far better than the private sector.

Just to put this to bed. The "transcript" Trumpers keep screaming about isn't a transcript.
It is a heavily White House edited patchwork memorandum.
A proper transcript would be a simple exact writing down verbatim of a recorded conversation.
There might be such a recording, but if so, it is probably safely stored on an inappropriate server.

Last edited:

Latest Threads