The Trump Presidency...

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

BigT

LE
Where on earth do you get your information and views from, The Anarchist Daily maybe. Johnson is one of the elite, but not all politicians come from the patrician class. Zelensky’s parents were academics and engineers and Zelensky got a law degree as well as becoming an actor. If you’re suggesting that getting an education or being a thespian makes you elite then you’re tarring a large portion of the population with the same brush.
The only MP's I've know personally don't fit the elite profile, one was a teacher and the other a brick layer. I know all parties have their quota of career politicians but I'm not going to condemn then for getting into politics early, I wish I had as I may not have ended up sat here halfway through another block of night shifts.

Trump and his supporters liked to throw the "people are tired of the elites" term around during the election which I found a bit odd as few of the other candidates he beat in the primaries grew up with the sort of privilege Trump had. Looking at the eleven US presidents during my lifetime only JFK both Bushes and Trump knew the taste of the silver spoon, I thought starting at the bottom and ending up at the top was the American dream, silly me, obviously it's starting at the top and staying there.

The only MP's I've know personally don't fit the elite profile, one was a teacher and the other a brick layer. I know all parties have their quota of career politicians but I'm not going to condemn then for getting into politics early, I wish I had as I may not have ended up sat here halfway through another block of night shifts.

Trump and his supporters liked to throw the "people are tired of the elites" term around during the election which I found a bit odd as few of the other candidates he beat in the primaries grew up with the sort of privilege Trump had. Looking at the eleven US presidents during my lifetime only JFK both Bushes and Trump knew the taste of the silver spoon, I thought starting at the bottom and ending up at the top was the American dream, silly me, obviously it's starting at the top and staying there.
Agreed. It’s as if hard work and ambition and working your way up is a bad thing according @happyuk .

happyuk

Old-Salt
I think Trump will be re-elected in 2020. He has no intention of engagement in pointless overseas conflicts, cares not a jot about identity politics (another term for victim mentality) and wants to bring jobs back home. This is why he'll get re-elected.

My concern would be what happens to the country after that. Not because of anything he is going to do, but because of his psychopathic opposition, and not just in Washington.

Looks like Erdogan wasn't too impressed or bothered with Trump's letter:

I genuinely thought that letter was a spoof. Probably spoofed by Rick Wilson in his “hell hath no fury” mode.

Who on earth told Trump to write that. I’m guessing nobody but surely there must be a grown up somewhere in the mix who said “this is not a good idea Mr President”.

Given that it’s not a spoof one has to wonder where Trump got his orders from. Oh, the Sovs are moving into the US positions. I get it now.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
The letter needed a do over before they sent it.
1571333194516.png

Well, who could have thought that after a full review of all the potential locations for the next G7.... it's going to be held at a Trump property. Wow, Nobody could have predicted this. And of course, he won't make a single dime in profit. It's a very successful business location.

Honestly.

Trump Florida golf course to host next G7 summit

Trump really is king of the swamp

Well, who could have thought that after a full review of all the potential locations for the next G7.... it's going to be held at a Trump property. Wow, Nobody could have predicted this. And of course, he won't make a single dime in profit. It's a very successful business location.

Honestly.

Well he likes to drain the swamp so he can make it all his.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Honestly.

I know why

Really? You see an equivalence?

At current estimates, the Trump offspring have earned over $80million from their association with the presidency.
Estimates by who? The impartial journalists of CNN?

Oh look ABC got trolled for a few seconds but does that invalidate the rest of the report, I saw a picture of the girl at 3.29 on twitter earlier today before her traumatic amputation was dressed, it was a still from this report.

Not to worry I'm sure Trump will tell us it's all fake.
Take it up in the "Turkish are a bunch of dirtbags" thread.

Latest Threads