The Trump Presidency...

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
PNG image.png

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

That’s right the Russians just occupied previously held US positions.

there is lots of reporting from serving personnel, many in Syria, who are ******* furious and a senior US Army guy I know has said mutiny is possible out there.

Trump, everything he touches dies. #ettd

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

The United States has lost any right to say it is a world leader. Americans should hang their heads in shame unless they are doing something to remove this stain on humanity.

The United States has lost any right to say it is a world leader. Americans should hang their heads in shame unless they are doing something to remove this stain on humanity.
US planned withdrawal from Syria was announced months ago, this has merely speeded it up.

as for “stain on the American reputation for decades” - you appear to have forgotten the Small issue of why the region isin such a ******* mess at the moment in the first place - the US, backed by us, invading Iraq based on CIA lies about WMD & uranium shipments.

Now that’s a ******* stain thats not washing off anytime soon!

While it does not look great, please feel free to lead a coalition and supply a few thousand bodies to send into Northern Syria. I shall hold my breath waiting for the rest of the world to pony up.

So, what outer saying is that Biden is no Better than Trump?

well, that’s a convincing bumper sticker isn’t it.

“Biden 2020, no better than Trump”
Really? You see an equivalence?

At current estimates, the Trump offspring have earned over $80million from their association with the presidency.

US planned withdrawal from Syria was announced months ago, this has merely speeded it up.

as for “stain on the American reputation for decades” - you appear to have forgotten the Small issue of why the region isin such a ******* mess at the moment in the first place - the US, backed by us, invading Iraq based on CIA lies about WMD & uranium shipments.

Now that’s a ******* stain thats not washing off anytime soon!
Wasn't it the Bush presidency, amongst others, sugar coating and twisting the intel on Iraq that lead to the invasion.

While it does not look great, please feel free to lead a coalition and supply a few thousand bodies to send into Northern Syria. I shall hold my breath waiting for the rest of the world to pony up.
What I heard on the news recently was that the US and Turkey were in negotiations on how the post US withdrawal will work and allay both the Kurds and Turks concerns:

Apparently what happened was, Trump in his usual unmatched wisdom and gut feeling got sweet talked by Erdogan during the phone call and made an off the cuff knee jerk decision to withdraw sooner leading to the carnage that is now occurring.

Yes, the US of course wanted out and I get the argument of not getting involved, or more like it, starting wars such as with Iraq. But once you start something, you can't just pull out dropping the ball which leads to unintended consequences. The estimation of the US in the eyes of the rest of the world also drops more than a few notches. Those in Hicksville US probably don't care, but the US sees itself as a global player with its national interests being projected abroad and with that comes responsibilities.

E2A: Pro-Kremlin Reporters Tour Abandoned U.S. Base in Syria - The Moscow Times

Last edited:
Eruopes problem?
The shit show started with 9/11, started with the war in Afghanistan, continued with Jr Bush's non-sensical invation of Iraq, and continued with Syria, all of these wars/conflicts were conducted with a coalition. The lack of a plan by the USA on what to do in Iraq after Sadham was toppled caused the vacuum that allowed ISIS to establish a foothold in Syria in the first place. The Middle East is no more a European problem than a U.S problem, it became a shared problem for both but then one side chickened out and ran away because of one misguided phone call.

The UK suffered 635 fatalities.

Canada lost159 soldiers.

in defence of the United States in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So get the 'F' off your high horse Jonesy!

Eruopes problem?
The shit show started with 9/11, started with the war in Afghanistan, continued with Jr Bush's non-sensical invation of Iraq, and continued with Syria, all of these wars/conflicts were conducted with a coalition. The lack of a plan by the USA on what to do in Iraq after Sadham was toppled caused the vacuum that allowed ISIS to establish a foothold in Syria in the first place. The Middle East is no more a European problem than a U.S problem, it became a shared problem for both but then one side chickened out and ran away because of one misguided phone call.

The UK suffered 635 fatalities.

Canada lost159 soldiers.

in defence of the United States in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So get the 'F' off your high horse Jonesy!
Afghanistan, I can understand, but Iraq has been one of the biggest fk-ups. The State Department was basically over ruled and the other big fk-up, disbanding the Iraqi military without any strategy - these were a lot of professional soldiers mind you.

Oh dear, a 'whoops, how can we deal with this self made disaster' moment now that El Presidente Trumpista realised that Russia is in the main now filling the 'power vacuum' and exerting influence and the US now has to firefight after the juvenile played with matches in a big boy's game:

Doh.

happyuk

Old-Salt
For all the Trump-haters, it is these kind of shenanigans that produced a candidate like Donald Trump. The people are sick of it. The same applies to Boris Johnson, Volodymyr Zelensky, etc., etc. Elites are in complete denial about the consequences they created. Trump et. al aren't polarizing anybody; they are the result of a corrupt status quo.

BigT

LE
For all the Trump-haters, it is these kind of shenanigans that produced a candidate like Donald Trump. The people are sick of it. The same applies to Boris Johnson, Volodymyr Zelensky, etc., etc. Elites are in complete denial about the consequences they created. Trump et. al aren't polarizing anybody; they are the result of a corrupt status quo.
Trump may not be one of the so called political elite but from where I'm standing his life of wealth and privilege seems pretty elitist to me and the same goes for Boris, isn't elitism a prerequisite for membership of the Bullingdon Club.

Where on earth do you get your information and views from, The Anarchist Daily maybe. Johnson is one of the elite, but not all politicians come from the patrician class. Zelensky’s parents were academics and engineers and Zelensky got a law degree as well as becoming an actor. If you’re suggesting that getting an education or being a thespian makes you elite then you’re tarring a large portion of the population with the same brush.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads