The Trump Presidency...

yes, I do, I’m just clever enough to read multiple sources and recognise bias when I see it.
But do you see the BIAS in this or is it just truthful reporting?

It's from a Right Wing Forum so according to the Truppit philosophy I should dismiss it because it goes against my current Democratic support for the U.S.

Trumps foreign policy is changing the world permanently, from who has a voice at the UN to who has access to nuclear materials. His almost three years in office featured has epochal developments over the EU’s internal crisis, the Arab Spring, China’s economic slowdown. Yet two things have shifted much less over the last three years—Trumps core strategy, and Americans’ ability to enunciate in a sentence or two what the strategy is.

We’ve had three years of listening to Trumps foreign policy critiques that the President apparently “just doesn’t understand”—whether it was red lines, allies, opponents, or the persistence of the DC establishment “BS" even when it wasn’t coded racism—remember the Pillosii associate who claimed that Trump “didn’t fully appreciate the shared history” of the United States and the United Kingdom’s “Anglo-Saxon heritage”?—this view of Trump and his team as at sea in a harsh world is starkly countered by the image Trump and his strongest supporters have sought to instill: that the President is, rather, a chessmaster whose “long game” is often too sophisticated for his critics to grasp.

It’s past time to acknowledge that Trump does have a firm aim in foreign affairs, and to judge him on it. Trump sought to retract and refocus U.S. military power—and build stronger international cooperation to fill in. Trump saw the need to shift not just the habits of U.S. foreign policymakers, but also the underlying structures of the global order, from NATO to world trade patterns to how UN bodies function.

The 2016-vintage U.S. weakness that many in the Democratic and Republican establishments saw as a result of overreach or of specific Bush Obama-era mistakes, Trump saw as a deeper problem: U.S. policy too often sought to speed the movement of the arc of history—particularly through military force—and too arrogant about its own ability to perceive which direction was, in fact, bending toward justice.

Redressing this imbalance demanded three moves, each of which might have daunted a President with less self-confidence, or more foreknowledge of the rough political climate he would encounter: reducing the proportion of U.S. foreign engagement that came through our military; creating global capacity that was multilateral while still promoting core U.S. interests (think years of pressure to increase European defense contributions to NATO); and building the American people’s comfort with a more diffuse global leadership strategy (think “leading from behind”).

“Trump came to office with a conviction that reducing the United States’ massive military and political investment in the Middle East was a vital national security interest in its own right.” Trump is trying to draw down the two massive U.S. deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan and resisted pressure to open new long-term engagements of ground forces in Syria and Libya. Yet Trumps response to threats he did believe rose to the level of core national interests reinforced and even intensified the military face Washington presented to the world (as funding for U.S. diplomacy and development aid stagnated).

He has presided over exponential growth of the military, and special forces around the world and investedi in a massive and expensive upgrade of U.S. nuclear forces. The Administration can claim the Iraq and Afghanistan drawdowns as major achievements in the middle east.

Although Trump has not gone far away from a “America first” policy, his diplomacy will have lasting impacts on how the international system works and where and how the U.S. engages in the future. His focus on transnational threats and opportunities reshaped the international system in ways that have been underappreciated by his interventionist critics.

Trump and his appointees have quietly improved the functioning of a number of multilateral bodies, along the way achieving a bump in NATO countries’ defense expenditures, groundbreaking UN recognition for LGBT rights, improved quantity and quality of UN peacekeepers and a next generation of benchmarks for social and economic growth, the Sustainable Development Goals. The Administration acquiesced, or actively supported, civil society and business groups as they elbowed their way into international negotiating formerly reserved for states alone.
The developments in the Trump Administration in terms of climate policy, development, and Internet governance will change the global order forever.

The President’s agenda to reduce the threat posed by nuclear weapons produced by North Korea and the Soviet Union, as well as to withdraw from the critical multinational agreement to stop and turn back Iran’s nuclear program will lead to the elimination of more than 150 bombs’ worth of nuclear material from 30 countries.

His emphasis on negotiation and targeted force over large-scale occupation and old habits of alliance now appear a precursor to our new Dealmaker-in-Chief.

Simply put, the fact that few of Trump detractors could provide even a two-sentence summary of his policy vision could mean that the longest legacy of his tenure might not be felt in the United States at all, but instead in the battle over who controls the spaces he helped open to new actors in the international arena to the expectations NGOs and businesses have that they can set and move the agenda on climate, development, and Internet governance

Last edited:
In other news.......

An 8-year-old girl climbed a replica of Donald Chump's 'un-climbable' border wall in seconds.

Donald Chump's border wall has been scaled in a matter of seconds by novice climbers, an eight-year-old girl, and a man who returned for another attempt while juggling with one hand.

The US presidunce described his wall as "virtually impenetrable" during a trip to the US-Mexico border in September, claiming 20 "world class" mountain climbers had told him his chosen prototype was difficult to climb. "We had 20 mountain climbers. That's all they do, they love to climb mountains … some of them were champions," Mr Chump said. "And we gave them different prototypes of walls, and this was the one that was hardest to climb … this wall can't be climbed."

Mr Weber, a retired engineer, decided to build a replica of Mr Trump's wall using official dimensions and recent images of the structure. He wrote in to popular climbing magazine Rock & Ice to announce a climbing competition on 11 and 12 October to coincide with Rocktoberfest, one of the largest annual gatherings of climbers in the US.

"No one in our climbing community knows any of these 20 mountaineers. I doubt if they exist," he wrote. "More importantly, to declare something to be impossible to climb to a bona fide rock climber is to issue a challenge. "So, I decided to build an exact replica and hold a competition."

Ahead of the official competition, several people had already managed to climb the wall.
Among these was eight-year-old Lucy Hancock, who climbed the replica using a belay – a rope that acts as a safety measure, rather than an aid. Footage showed her scaling the majority of the wall in little more than a minute.

Erik Kloeker, a 29-year-old climbing guide and property manager at Muir Valley who told The Courier Journal he had been climbing for nine years, climbed the structure in about 30 seconds in a demonstration.
"The border wall that they're building could be climbed pretty easily," said Mr Kloeker, who juggled several items in one hand during repeat attempts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must be fake though it's in a Left Leaning rag.

Trump's Foreign Policy boils down to one sentence

"Can I make some money by using the presidency to grease the wheels and build a hotel/do shady business deals"

The upshot of his foreign policy will be no country will trust the USA with anything. One day they're your ally, the next you've been shot in the back, pushed under the tracks of a tank and he'll claim he's never heard of you

happyuk

Old-Salt
There has been a relentless crusade to destroy Trump and his supporters by entrenched politicians and the media. He has consistently stated that one of his primary goals is to get the USA out of the wars in the middle east. This is precisely why the impeachment talk and action started on his first day in office. Of course, the other major reason is his posture on one world government.

It is difficult if not impossible to remain open minded by about Trump given the ferocity of the attacks by both Democrats and Republicans and orchestrated by the mainstream media. Once you get past his obvious flaws and ego it is hard not to see that his "governance" is good for the USA and the world.

Toppet

Old-Salt
Once you get past his obvious flaws and ego it is hard not to see that his "governance" is good for the USA and the world.
Do you believe the quote in your signature block? If so it would seem to be at odds with the stance you have on Trump, per your last sentence.

There has been a relentless crusade to destroy Trump and his supporters by entrenched politicians and the media. He has consistently stated that one of his primary goals is to get the USA out of the wars in the middle east. This is precisely why the impeachment talk and action started on his first day in office. Of course, the other major reason is his posture on one world government.

It is difficult if not impossible to remain open minded by about Trump given the ferocity of the attacks by both Democrats and Republicans and orchestrated by the mainstream media. Once you get past his obvious flaws and ego it is hard not to see that his "governance" is good for the USA and the world.
You mean like this?

There was a relentless crusade to destroy Obama and his supporters by entrenched politicians and the media. He consistently stated that one of his primary goals was to get the USA out of the wars in the middle east. This is precisely why the action started on his first day in office. Of course, the other major reason is his posture on one world government. The mpeachment talk didn't come about because the Republicans couldn't find a good enough reaon.

It was difficult if not impossible to remain open minded about Obama given the ferocity of the attacks by the Republicans and orchestrated by the mainstream media. Once you got past his obvious flaws it was hard not to see that his "governance" was good for the USA and the world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My point all along is that:

Trump supporters quickly forgot that the Republican Congress played childish games and the anti Obama's literally prayed for his death during his Presidency but now cry and wail that it is Treasonous if you don't support the current democratically elected President.

I don't care if it is an (R) or a (D) in power in the States they are elected politicians after all, and I bear no ill will to the citizens of the U.S either, I just find the hypocrisy hillarious.

What I do care about is the rhetoric from the Trump camp that ONLY the Right are RIGHT and anything else you read is fake, people are being brainwashed by the media, (both sides have media that do it), and I think that is sad.

And on that note I reserve the right of free speech (while we still have it) to laugh at the fat egostitical, bigheaded, narcassistic, orange thick twat in power now whenever I feel like it :)

happyuk

Old-Salt
Just one word too many there mate.
I'm fully willing to be corrected on this point, but as far as I understand, Donald J. Trump is not a sanctioned, sponsored, or approved candidate of any ruling elite, at least in the manner as described by Carroll Quigley in his seminal political history of the world, Tragedy and Hope. Regardless of what one thinks of Trump, I believe it’s important to acknowledge this.

According to Quigley, selecting Presidents is and always has been a process by which the ruling elite grooms, sponsors, and sanctions two candidates on opposite sides of the aisle to present the masses with a choice between whom to vote in so-called free elections.

It seems obvious to me this is not the process by which Trump seized power. For better or worse, this cycle seems to have been broken.

happyuk

Old-Salt
Can I have some of what you're having? I too would like to be in a happy place.
From what I can tell from your posts, your nearly every criticism of Trump simply reiterates the obvious:
Donald Trump is such a boorish man! Gasp! Never?

Let me guess... you people who continually point out the obvious don't really like a boorish men (or women). I guess you prefer polished, refined and deceitful.

Whatever. I do get why the majority of Trump detractors despise him. He's such an easy target to despise, and his unlikableness is understandable. And I don't fault anybody's personal dislike of Trump, the man. I stand with them on many of these points.

But here's the thing: being boorish and crass and unsophisticated and idolizing and aspiring to be an orange version of Hugh Hefner hardly justifies the accusations of being bonkers, insane, stupid, incompetent, bigoted, racist, hawkish, or whatever. Those are all different things. Let's stick to the facts. Donald Trump is a boorish man.

Just thought I would explain it in simple terms to someone who has a hard time discerning the difference.

From what I can tell from your posts, your nearly every criticism of Trump simply reiterates the obvious:
Donald Trump is such a boorish man! Gasp! Never?

Let me guess... you people who continually point out the obvious don't really like a boorish men (or women). I guess you prefer polished, refined and deceitful.

Whatever. I do get why the majority of Trump detractors despise him. He's such an easy target to despise, and his unlikableness is understandable. And I don't fault anybody's personal dislike of Trump, the man. I stand with them on many of these points.

But here's the thing: being boorish and crass and unsophisticated and idolizing and aspiring to be an orange version of Hugh Hefner hardly justifies the accusations of being bonkers, insane, stupid, incompetent, bigoted, racist, hawkish, or whatever. Those are all different things. Let's stick to the facts. Donald Trump is a boorish man.

Just thought I would explain it in simple terms to someone who has a hard time discerning the difference.
Could you go over that again? I didn’t quite get what you mean.

....................... hardly justifies the accusations of being bonkers, insane, stupid, incompetent, bigoted, racist, hawkish, or whatever. Those are all different things. Let's stick to the facts. Donald Trump is a boorish man.
Donald Dunce is ALL of those things and boorish, seriously he is, and that is what we (as in orange man bad) see and the majority of his supporters do NOT see.

As for being an easy target, his own vanity writes the material. "Boo, Hoo, poor me, I'm the greatest Preident ever how can you do this to me?"

But I give you due respect for supporting your belief.

Last edited:
Donald Dunce is ALL of those things and boorish, seriously he is, and that is what we (as in orange man bad) see and the majority of his supporters do NOT see.
you make the fundamental mistake of thinking that “the majority of his supporters do NOT see.”

what you haven’t yet figured is that the majority DO see, however have said, “yeah, but...So what if he is?”

so go on, answer this:

The question could have been written with you in mind, couldn’t it?

“so what you boring little ****“

Last edited:
The question could have been written with you in mind, couldn’t it?

“so what you boring little ****“
1571056287549.png

However, I noticed you haven't commented on post #31.366 as to whether that is a biased statement or not as per the Truppit rules of not believing anything unless your puppet master tells you it's true or not.

you make the fundamental mistake of thinking that “the majority of his supporters do NOT see.”

what you haven’t yet figured is that the majority DO see, however have said, “yeah, but...So what if he is?”
No wonder Hitler got into power back in the day riding on sentiments, Don't get me wrong, I am not comparing Trump to the famous mustache, he's (Trump) far too dumb compared to Hitler. Thank god for that. They both liked rallies and crowds though.

Toppet

Old-Salt
I'm fully willing to be corrected on this point, but as far as I understand, Donald J. Trump is not a sanctioned, sponsored, or approved candidate of any ruling elite,
Well, no ruling elite in the USA, at least.

Latest Threads