The Trump Presidency...

A legacy.
Oh is that what we call the middle East in flames these days?

Meanwhile, I forget was this guy sacked or resigned

Experience, what you get when you don't put your SIL princling in charge of everything.

CowboyBob

War Hero
I have just watched the ABC Interview 30 hours with a Fat Orange Idiot. Yes, I suffered through it and only had two pukes in the mouth.

If ever a man was delusional and living in an alternate world Donald J. Chump is the main guy.

Stephanopolous asking the questions,
"You are behind in the polls",
"No I'm not, I don't read those polls, they are fake."
But even Fox is saying that you are behind,
No, they were just pointing out the fake news, I am winning in every real poll.

Ok, about the Mueller report, Mueller said....
George he said, NO Collusion, NO obstruction George that's what he said..
well no he didn't actually say that...
yes he did I read the report you didn't.

What about the Russian interference Mr President? Putin has admitted that he wanted & helped you win!
No he didn't he wanted Hillary to win and she should be in jail for it.
But, Putin has been on TV admitting he helped you win.
Well, he says that now, after I won, because that makes him look smart.

It seems that NK are testing Nukes again.
Just small ones George, a lot of countries are doing that. I have a great relationship with Kim.

Why won't you release your taxes?
They can have them, they are fantastic, just fantastic.
So, why don't you release them?
I would, people could see how sucessful I am. It's not up to me.
Yes it is.
No it's up to my lawyers.

You seem to be upsetting some of our close allies.
No, I promised to build confidence in the US, and that's what is happening around the world.
But the polls don't show that.
I don't think they do.
View attachment 405457

Truppet caveat: No it is NOT vertabim, I don't have the fffing transcript but it is the jist of it, I'm not going to post a link, and you can spout off your orange man loving adoration crap all you want because most of you are on ignore anyway.
How well is he doing with the domestic approval rating?
International approval ratings are heavily influenced by the different countries media.

Just google her, you will find stories aplenty of how she thinks America is unjust.
She was elected by her constituents who represent a very small slice of the country. Outside of that district, she is about as well liked as Herpes.
That's called Democracy.

Eh, how could Trump demand anything? Surely he just does whatever Putin/the Russians tell him to? (Whoops, it looks like you let the conspiracy theory slip for a moment there)
\
You, like the HOeejit just don't understand sarcasm. Did the timeline not give you an inkling?

The only thing dumber than a Trump is a Trump supporter.

TM is one of many politicians who fall into playing a role, that is defined by others and she was largely vacuous in nature.. Boris and Trump both have personalities that refuse to allow them to be average and doing things upsets people, doing things against the progressive left is tantamount to criminal behaviour.

We live in interesting times.
Trump doesn't do things "against the Left" that are tantamount to criminal behaviour.
He is a criminal. Always has been.
Fraud, theft, money laundering, blackmail, sex offences, obstruction, treason...
That is not crimes against the progressive left. Those are crimes against the law.

Trump doesn't do things "against the Left" that are tantamount to criminal behaviour.
He is a criminal. Always has been.
Fraud, theft, money laundering, blackmail, sex offences, obstruction, treason...
That is not crimes against the progressive left. Those are crimes against the law.
I find it fascinating the lengths people go to ignore the elephant in the room, else it will undermine your entire view of the world.

The only crime that matters, is a man like that can become president. Its not his crime, or even the people who were presented two choices. Its democracy and the entire political system which fails to find representatives of a majority.. You can't complain when a charlatan comes along to represent the majority and then cry about it..

I find it fascinating the lengths people go to ignore the elephant in the room, else it will undermine your entire view of the world.

The only crime that matters, is a man like that can become president. Its not his crime, or even the people who were presented two choices. Its democracy and the entire political system which fails to find representatives of a majority.. You can't complain when a charlatan comes along to represent the majority and then cry about it..
Tell Jonesy that. He loves the charlatan.
Would that be the "majority" that DIDN'T vote Trump, or some other majority I am unaware of?

CowboyBob

War Hero
Are they? From the impression that @LJONESY gives, it is very localised; a collection of 50 different countries all seemingly fairly inward-looking.
To a certain extent, but they are also all governed by the same federal government and are impacted by federal policy and laws. Very similar to how the EU is.

Are they? From the impression that @LJONESY gives, it is very localised; a collection of 50 different countries all seemingly fairly inward-looking.
Jonesy does rather give that impression, but I think the US in general reflects it as well.

I have been to the US loads of times and I was always surprised at how parochial TV and radio news are. More or less to be expected with newspapers I suppose but I was surprised that broadcast news is so insular.

News broadcasts had virtually nothing on events in other states and as for foreign news, forgeddit.

I was at a company gig in Sandy Dago in early January 2009. My American colleagues were amazed that there was an eight page spread on Obama in the Guardian. They thought it weird that Brits might be interested in US politics.

Sherbet

Old-Salt

Sorry, I’m not sure I follow.

You’re saying it’s not the people that are to blame, it’s the ‘system’ which has failed them? Are you saying democracy doesn’t work? What would you prefer?

The American political system is broken because it forces a nation of a wide spectrum of views to nail its colours to one of two masts. To that extent I would agree the system has failed them, but I’m not sure they are in any rush to change it. Too much vested power.

Sorry, I’m not trying to start an argument; I’m just not sure if you’re blaming the people who tolerate the system, those who perpetuate it in power, the ethereal ‘system’ itself or a combination of all three.
Personally I blame those in power, but then as I’ve gotten older I’ve realised that nothing ever really changes, only the perception of where power lies.

Those with it still hold onto it, they just fool us into thinking we have it.

Just google her, you will find stories aplenty of how she thinks America is unjust.
She was elected by her constituents who represent a very small slice of the country. Outside of that district, she is about as well liked as Herpes.
I'm not sure where you're going with the "not being supported by a majority of people undermines legitimacy" argument as a criticism of Trump's opponents.

Do you think otherwise ? Its for certain, many people voted for Hillary or nobody out of the degraded choice offered to them.
Everyone thinks otherwise. It is a documented fact that the majority of votes were cast for Clinton. She got 48.2%,Trump got 46.1%.
If you don't understand that, you are working on some false assumptions.
Trump got in on the Electoral College vote.That is how the US works.

Sorry, I’m not sure I follow.

You’re saying it’s not the people that are to blame, it’s the ‘system’ which has failed them? Are you saying democracy doesn’t work? What would you prefer?

The American political system is broken because it forces a nation of a wide spectrum of views to nail its colours to one of two masts. To that extent I would agree the system has failed them, but I’m not sure they are in any rush to change it. Too much vested power.

Sorry, I’m not trying to start an argument; I’m just not sure if you’re blaming the people who tolerate the system, those who perpetuate it in power, the ethereal ‘system’ itself or a combination of all three.
Personally I blame those in power, but then as I’ve gotten older I’ve realised that nothing ever really changes, only the perception of where power lies.

Those with it still hold onto it, they just fool us into thinking we have it.
No bother about argument; People can agree with the idea that the system failed, when it put Trump in the white house. But then reject outright, the idea that the same system elected Obama and Clinton, who were not fit to be presidents either.

In our country we've May, Cameron, Brown and Blair and none of them were either good leaders or overly wise and democratically minded. The people have little say over the choice and aren't listened too so only those with the power, determine the choice and how the system functions.

Everyone thinks otherwise. It is a documented fact that the majority of votes were cast for Clinton. She got 48.2%,Trump got 46.1%.
If you don't understand that, you are working on some false assumptions.
Trump got in on the Electoral College vote.That is how the US works.
The majority is those powerless, ignored et al and they voted for either or not at all. With those two choices I would imagine voting was not a pleasant experience..... If the republicans had put up someone else, then your back to establishment figures and no motivation at all. Cheer up, Trump has done wonders for democracy by creating a wider spectrum of choice at least.

The majority is those powerless, ignored et al and they voted for either or not at all. With those two choices I would imagine voting was not a pleasant experience..... If the republicans had put up someone else, then your back to establishment figures and no motivation at all. Cheer up, Trump has done wonders for democracy by creating a wider spectrum of choice at least.
That is even worse. Assuming the powerless and disenfranchised could vote, how many of them are going to vote for a rich, white, white collar criminal? Bloody few, and that is why Republican gerrymandering is always focused on disenfranchising the poor, black and migrant voter, because that isn't their voter base. If they voted, most of that vote would go Democrat. Had Clinton been a better candidate, (and not been stitched up by that last minute FBI investigation and Russian intelligence), Trump would probably be in Leavenworth by now.

And how do you "do wonders for democracy" by asking a hostile intelligence service to trash your opponent to rig the election?

Latest Threads