The Trump Presidency...

In theory yes, but at the same time when one has all the strength that the others lack it might not happen either.
If one has the strength.

When you sit at the top of a large Mountain, it is hard for others to climb it and kick you off.
They don't need to. They just need to mine the mountain out from under you and use it to build a new one elsewhere. With someone else at the top.

Especially when you make the rules for the systems and can dominate the rest through economic and military means. As it stands for now our strength continues to grow while the ROW continues to weaken.
You can make all the rules you like but it'll be pointless unless others agree to follow them. That means seeing their interests served by them too and, "Someone else first!" isn't exactly an attractive rallying cry for anyone.

I see that Sir Kim is being dis-invited from White House events, and might be frozen out. Just about every Western HOM will think “there but for the Grace of God, Go I” and will shew solidarity for HMA. Having served in a country where diplomats were regularly put on the naughty step by the Receiving State, Sir Kim will be well looked after by other allied diplomats. He will be invited to numerous discrete lunches, events, briefings… And in part to show that he is one of the gang amongst western diplomats, but also to demonstrate to the Trump administration that you can’t bully diplomats.

When you sit at the top of a large Mountain . . . , and can dominate the rest through economic and military means.
The problem is Jonesy that you just can't dominate the world through military power.

Nobody here doubts for a second that the US is not able to defeat a peer military in symmetrical warfare. That is (almost) an absolute given.

However, all of your recent conflicts have had disappointing outcomes as you have not dominated your enemies. Many of them laugh at you.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Syria, Africa, Vietnam etc have proved impossible for the US to defeat and have rendered your military impotent. The last P2P war was against the Iraqis (at least in numbers and stuff for the first bit). That was a pushover but the peace proved too much to win. Not just for you but for some of the worlds largest armies acting in unison.

We ain't gonna see the Battles Of Kursk, Midway, Normandy, El Alamein, Iwo Jima, the Ardennes (insert battle of choice here) again. Those days are gone, and with them have gone the validity and relevance of much of your military might.

And ours.

Your current enemies are doing exactly what @smartascarrots said a few posts up. They are not doing a Banzai attack on your mighty citadel atop a gleaming spire. They are digging holes under it and pulling down the foundations. Your president is helping some of them.

The problem is Jonesy that you just can't dominate the world through military power.

Nobody here doubts for a second that the US is not able to defeat a peer military in symmetrical warfare. That is (almost) an absolute given.

However, all of your recent conflicts have had disappointing outcomes as you have not dominated your enemies. Many of them laugh at you.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Syria, Africa, Vietnam etc have proved impossible for the US to defeat and have rendered your military impotent. The last P2P war was against the Iraqis (at least in numbers and stuff for the first bit). That was a pushover but the peace proved too much to win. Not just for you but for some of the worlds largest armies acting in unison.

We ain't gonna see the Battles Of Kursk, Midway, Normandy, El Alamein, Iwo Jima, the Ardennes (insert battle of choice here) again. Those days are gone, and with them have gone the validity and relevance of much of your military might.

And ours.

Your current enemies are doing exactly what @smartascarrots said a few posts up. They are not doing a Banzai attack on your mighty citadel atop a gleaming spire. They are digging holes under it and pulling down the foundations. Your president is helping some of them.
But you are also wrong. If you think the days of great power conflict are over, then it is best to just disagree.
I would be very careful however, about labeling our military as impotent. It is much easier to break things then to try to rebuild them

Economic might is also just as important as military power, and we are still on top of the heap in that regard as well. You can't dig if your drowning in your own finical problems. Whilst we have our own, quite a few others are damn near going to be underwater.

I don't think SAC or Tedsson are labeling the U.S. Military as being impotent at all, there is NO question the U.S has all the might of the Military and the Economics behind them. However, to think that the rest of the world are NOT catching up is foolish, you may be at the top of the heap for now but your power is gradually being eroded. Chumps policies are designed to STOP this erosion but as we keep saying his policies are also creating a scenario where other countries are now signing tariff free or minimum tariff trade deals without the U.S. Do you think that at the end of his presiduncy these countries will come back to the U.S or remain with their current deals? My guess is they will stay. I think I can speak for most of us on this thread, this is NOT what we are hoping for, we want the U.S to be on top, we need the U.S to remain on top, but at the moment the trust in the U.S.A is plummeting - and that is because of ONE-MAN, a man (man baby) that you will gladly re-elect again, and if he gets his own way he will be your Presidunce for life. (That just made me puke in my own mouth).

BTW Jonesy, you need a medal for putting up with this and I admire you for defending your country. Keep it up.
1562687666281.png

How’s that going in Afghan and Eye-rak?
Rebuilding??

Well sandpile is a bit of a mixed blessing.

Afghanistan is going to do what it always has when we eventually one day leave. Revert to tribalism and the strongest warlords will be in charge. You can't bring Democracy to a 7th century culture.

I don't think SAC or Tedsson are labeling the U.S. Military as being impotent at all, there is NO question the U.S has all the might of the Military and the Economics behind them. However, to think that the rest of the world are NOT catching up is foolish, you may be at the top of the heap for now but your power is gradually being eroded. Chumps policies are designed to STOP this erosion but as we keep saying his policies are also creating a scenario where other countries are now signing tariff free or minimum tariff trade deals without the U.S. Do you think that at the end of his presiduncy these countries will come back to the U.S or remain with their current deals? My guess is they will stay. I think I can speak for most of us on this thread, this is NOT what we are hoping for, we want the U.S to be on top, we need the U.S to remain on top, but at the moment the trust in the U.S.A is plummeting - and that is because of ONE-MAN, a man (man baby) that you will gladly re-elect again, and if he gets his own way he will be your Presidunce for life. (That just made me puke in my own mouth).
He can run for one more term, but not declare himself El Presidente for life.
The future is hard to predict, but I suspect the next few decades will more or less resemble the early 1900's pre WW1.

He can run for one more term, but not declare himself El Presidente for life..
Sadly, the GOP would not say diddly Boo about it if fatty declared himself Supreme Leader of the Americas and started spouting off about needing more room to live.

Surely that could never happen in a Western democracy!
It shouldn't and I don't think it will but this guy really does believe he was chosen by god to run America, suppose he doesn't win and declares the election fake, he's already stacking the courts as fast as he can so who's going to stop him from signing an exec order insisting he stay as President until the courts decide the results were not fake.

It shouldn't and I don't think it will but this guy really does believe he was chosen by god to run America, suppose he doesn't win and declares the election fake, he's already stacking the courts as fast as he can so who's going to stop him from signing an exec order insisting he stay as President until the courts decide the results were not fake.
Good point but my sarcasm referred to Greater Germania in the 1930s.

And verily his seed hath fallen on the stony ground.

This links to quite damning article. It highlight POTUS' lying defence and the way he deflects his relationship with a convicted peado.

And yet Trumpettes make excuses. And yet Trumpettes profess the man's genius. And yet Trumpettes have no ethics.

The article is behind a pay wall but has a limited free access if you have no cookies for the site. Just saying.

This links to quite damning article. It highlight POTUS' lying defence and the way he deflects his relationship with a convicted peado.

And yet Trumpettes make excuses. And yet Trumpettes profess the man's genius. And yet Trumpettes have no ethics.

The article is behind a pay wall but has a limited free access if you have no cookies for the site. Just saying.
Ahem...
Labor secretary wants to slash funding to anti-sex trafficking agency by 80%

Surely Trump's appointee and the one who let Epstein skate, wouldn't be actively trying to facilitate the availability of cute young jailbait to rich old white billionaires?
How very like the Empire under Tiberius is the US of A.

When did this happen?

MAGA MAGA MAGA MAGA MAGA MAGA....