The Trump Presidency...

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
They had to, the loss of face was to great. But they are also only encouraging a long term pull out of their economy.
Wishful thinking I think, other countries will buy from China, America has A) Lost a lot of goodwill and B) Will cost too much for a lot more countries.

Wishful thinking I think, other countries will buy from China, America has A) Lost a lot of goodwill and B) Will cost too much for a lot more countries.
In some aspects yes they will, they do make things seem very cheap up front.

We have lost some goodwill in the world thanks to the Donald, he is a boorish drunken sailor. Granted some of the countries that we have angered are not worth 4/5 of a ****.

Some things are pricey, but until China can start to win the culture wars our brands will still be desirable. If manufacturing for the cheap junk we love, shifts to Vietnam and other places, that will also hurt the Chinese. I have no desire to buy any of their high end products and millions like me won't either. IF they have to also develop their own technology instead of being able to steal it on the cheap, they will be hurting when it comes to competing with our innovation.

What I don't understand is why people don't look at the fact that both sides are going to take hits, but people think the Chinese won't suffer at all.

George was Mitt's Dad.

Minor quibble. You are still bang on the money.

I'd really like to see Jeremy Corbyn's tax return.

I'd like to see Alexandria Ocasio Cortez's tax return.

I'd love to see Angela Merkel's tax return

I'd especially like to see Hillary Clinton's.

In AOC's favour - At least she has worked for a living. Bar tending is an honorable profession. At least we know she has worked in a business.

Has Corbyn ever run a business?

Merkel?

Macron?

Putin?

I'm not even going to ask about Xi Jinping. Yeah that bloke who runs the biggest business in the world.

Hey Jinping. Hey Putin. Show us your tax returns. Come on - you owe it to us!

Kim Jong Un. Yes. Looking at you. Pretending that you have your finger on a nuclear button. Show us your tax returns first before you press.

Hey Sultan of Brunei. Before you start stoning poofters to death, Show us your tax returns. If it's all good then rock on. Hey!

Look, if I'm pushed I'll agree The Clinton Foundation is a business. But what kind of business is it?
Whataboutery incarnate.

What I don't understand is why people don't look at the fact that both sides are going to take hits, but people think the Chinese won't suffer at all.
What I don't understand is despite every economist not living in Trumpworld saying tariffs are a no win situation for anyone he continues to escalate the trade war with China. With China retaliating today the cost of almost everything you buy is going to go up, do you think that if a deal is made later this year those prices will come down - nope they will remain high, that's the way commerce works. Countries like Canada who import a lot of American Products will be expected to pay higher prices for those same goods so why wouldn't Canada not go to a cheaper source like China and buy direct?

China has already started to circumvent the tariffs by shipping tariffed goods to Asian partners who then ship it to the US tariff free - you guys are getting played by the masters of patience. Putting your trust in an orange maniac, a man known for bankrupting everything he touches was a massive mistake and one that everyone will pay for eventually.

What I don't understand is despite every economist not living in Trumpworld saying tariffs are a no win situation for anyone he continues to escalate the trade war with China. With China retaliating today the cost of almost everything you buy is going to go up, do you think that if a deal is made later this year those prices will come down - nope they will remain high, that's the way commerce works. Countries like Canada who import a lot of American Products will be expected to pay higher prices for those same goods so why wouldn't Canada not go to a cheaper source like China and buy direct?

China has already started to circumvent the tariffs by shipping tariffed goods to Asian partners who then ship it to the US tariff free - you guys are getting played by the masters of patience. Putting your trust in an orange maniac, a man known for bankrupting everything he touches was a massive mistake and one that everyone will pay for eventually.
Point taken, but the Chinese can over time be replaced by other countries to produce our skivvies, toys, and other junk products.

I spose it is a good thing, I am the purchasing equivalent of the Greatest Generation.

Canada does not really drive economic consumption like the United States does. Let's face it your a smaller market with less clout. China has some problems going on, the trade war will also hurt them. Xi went to hard and aggressive and has set off to many alarms here in America, even the Dems are leery of the Chinese now. I would say Xi has created the biggest blunder for China.

Now if you will excuse me I need to find some made in Italy magazines for my German/Swiss Branded pistol that was produced in New Hampshire. Followed by some rounds manufactured in the good old USA and South Korea.
Whilst I also look for an expensive American made holster as well...!!

@labrat

Apologies for that, trouble at T'Mill

I think we are talking at cross purposes.

1/ Collusion does not exist in US criminal law (so I read).
2/ Criminal Conspiracy is not found in the Mueller report*.
3/ As our CIA chum points out, no evidence to a criminal standard would be likely to be found as that is not how Russians operate. (Indeed with their memory smarting from the Mitrokhin archive, they must be very careful about documentation).

*Due to the high standard to prove that, which he remarks on page 2

This section also concludes gthe Trump administration did not co-ordinate with the Russians.

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 19.40.58.png

What our CIA chum is point out is that when someone you want to help is pushing the door marked "Push", you don't put you hand on the door - you oil the hinges.

It obviously is a bit odder when the chap pushing the door, shouts in public "HEY BAD GUYS IF YOU ARE LISTENING, OIL THE DOOR".

And then the bad guys oil the hinges that day. And they have illegally entered your building to steal a bottle to put the oil in.

The fact that I have not contracted to get help to push the door is good, yet - still should make a by-stander wonder why the bloke who doesn't like your house is oiling the door for you.

The high evidential bar was not discharged (detailed below), which is how rules in a democratic state should be.

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 19.55.54.png

Report s1, P180.

Our CIA chum also points out the lack of widsom in concealing the pursuit of deals in Moscow whilst you are trying to become an elected official denying you have deals in action in Russia. This is timeine which Cohen lied about, he says on Trump's instruction.
Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 20.00.56.png

Report p1, p67

But as you reminded me several pages back, "Dems the rules".

However, I think my simple analogy of the oiled door should have people asking "so what?" (or even perhaps "who benefits?") about the question of external assistance.

Point taken, but the Chinese can over time be replaced by other countries to produce our skivvies, toys, and other junk products.

I spose it is a good thing, I am the purchasing equivalent of the Greatest Generation.

Canada does not really drive economic consumption like the United States does. Let's face it your a smaller market with less clout. China has some problems going on, the trade war will also hurt them. Xi went to hard and aggressive and has set off to many alarms here in America, even the Dems are leery of the Chinese now. I would say Xi has created the biggest blunder for China.

Now if you will excuse me I need to find some made in Italy magazines for my German/Swiss Branded pistol that was produced in New Hampshire. Followed by some rounds manufactured in the good old USA and South Korea.
Whilst I also look for an expensive American made holster as well...!!
I mentioned Canada (who is by all accounts) your largest trading partner simply to point out that this trade war started by the tangerine twit will hurt everyone, China will not lose face to America nor will Idiot want to lose face to China, China may take a dip in the markets but their economy will only go upwards whereas the US markets will take a fall and stay down.

Trump’s foreign policy is in shambles and proving to be a humiliating failure across the board. Full link
=====================================================================
CHINA: First, the markets tumbled on the news that the administration is planning to slap higher tariffs on China, despite earlier indications that trade talks had been proceeding productively and now China has responded whith even bigger Tariffs. The negotiations are hardly going according to plan, revealing the shallowness of Trump’s boasts of being a master dealmaker. That means his tariffs, which he falsely claims mostly hurt the Chinese, will worsen and continue to hurt American businesses, workers and consumers.

VENEZUELA: The Trump administration’s position on Venezuela is no more promising, Trump and his aides have gone all in on backing the opponent to authoritarian President Nicolás Maduro. After a contested election, Juan Guaidó has tried to wrest control of the country from Maduro with the Trump administration’s vocal backing. His effort to seize control of the military and oust Maduro last week, however, was a bust.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that even Trump seems to realize his administration’s position — which, despite legitimate criticisms of Maduro, echoed a long and disastrous history of American intervention in Latin American politics — was an embarrassing failure:

IRAN: Trump said Wednesday: “I hope to be able at some point, maybe it won’t happen, possibly won’t, to sit down and work out a fair deal, we’re not looking to hurt anybody.”

He added: “We just don’t want [Iran] to have nuclear weapons.”

Of course, if that were the goal, Trump could have just stayed in the nuclear deal with Iran negotiated under President Barack Obama that subjected the regime to strict oversight of its nuclear capacity and held the potential for retaliatory sanctions the deal was breached. Instead, after campaigning against it, Trump broke the agreement. It’s not clear what reason Iran would have to want to negotiate with Trump now. But with the U.S. having broken its end of the bargain, Iran is backing away from the restrictions it had decided to place on its nuclear programs.

Bolton is on the sidelines appearing to try to orchestrate a scenario that could justify a strike against Iran. Trump has repeatedly said he wants to avoid unnecessary foreign conflicts, but he may carelessly let Bolton take us there anyway.

NORTH KOREA: Where Trump takes the lead in foreign policy, he hardly fares much better. The one area where Trump really has appeared to carve out his own, novel strategy is his diplomatic relations with North Korea. And it’s been an utter failure.

Trump has met with and praised the country’s monstrous dictator Kim Jong-un, repeatedly downplaying his oppression of the North Koreans and seeming to brush off the killing of American Otto Warmbier. After two summits that made no progress in actually addressing the problem of Kim’s nuclear arsenal, and having given the dictator the seat on the global stage that he craves, Trump said the two have “fallen in love.” He also declared that the nuclear threat from North Korea has been ended — a view shared by no experts in the region, or even, it seems, by Trump’s own advisers. Trump has essentially staked his own global credibility on the good faith of malevolent tyrant.

And this week, Kim is clearly taking advantage of Trump’s weakness. North Korea launched two more missiles this week, despite Trump previously boasting about the fact that his negotiations had led to “no Rocket or Nuclear testing.” And on Thursday, the Justice Department announced that the U.S. has seized a North Korean ship for allegedly violating sanctions. Clearly, Kim is testing his limits with Trump, knowing that diplomatic failure will be an embarrassing stain on Trump’s reputation.

*PALESTINE: Despite repeating consistently for two years that his "Deal of the Century" is going to be revealed shortly no one has seen it apart from a few leaked snippets to test the waters. The deal has already been rejected by the Arab League and by Palestine itself.

*WORLD: The reputation of the USA has weakened in almost every country since Trumps election.

It’s not a surprise that Trump’s foreign policy would largely be a dud. He demonstrated throughout the 2016 campaign that he had little understanding of world (or domestic) affairs — and more, importantly, he had little interest in learning. He has simply flailed from one issue and approach to another while burning bridges with allies, weakening the United States’ global standing in immeasurable ways.

* My additions.

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/13/tr...liating-failure-across-the-board_partner/link

Last edited:
I mentioned Canada (who is by all accounts) your largest trading partner simply to point out that this trade war started by the tangerine twit will hurt everyone, China will not lose face to America nor will Idiot want to lose face to China, China may take a dip in the markets but their economy will only go upwards whereas the US markets will take a fall and stay down.
You seem to have quite a bit of conviction, for that theory.

The Chinese economy has many vulnerabilities just like the rest of the world. But I have been hearing about the American Apocalypse for decades now, and we still keep chugging along. People are flipping shit over the stock market forgetting how bad it was ten years ago. The US can gradually keep squeezing the vice on the Chinese, where they are running out of options on where to hit back. If our businesses back away from China much of the world will follow. Unless of course you let them into your country and they just steal your technology and research. The trade balance is so out of whack with the Chinese to be remotely funny, and their reputation as a people and a nation are starting to tank...

You seem to have quite a bit of conviction, for that theory.

The Chinese economy has many vulnerabilities just like the rest of the world. But I have been hearing about the American Apocalypse for decades now, and we still keep chugging along. People are flipping shit over the stock market forgetting how bad it was ten years ago. The US can gradually keep squeezing the vice on the Chinese, where they are running out of options on where to hit back. If our businesses back away from China much of the world will follow. Unless of course you let them into your country and they just steal your technology and research. The trade balance is so out of whack with the Chinese to be remotely funny, and their reputation as a people and a nation are starting to tank...
Much of the world has already stopped following the US, you are a nation lead by a leader that cannot be trusted.
1557777334036.png

Much of the world has already stopped following the US, you are a nation lead by a leader that cannot be trusted.
View attachment 392883
Trump is not our finest spokesman...

But much of world also sucks, and at times it is better to remove the weight off one's back then carry them around or pretend to like each other. Besides some countries like Germany are so hypocritical these days it is pretty funny.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Trump is not our finest spokesman...

But much of world also sucks, and at times it is better to remove the weight off one's back then carry them around or pretend to like each other. Besides some countries like Germany are so hypocritical these days it is pretty funny.
Well, well. A Septic who understands irony. Whatever next.

MsG