The Trump Presidency...

I haven't voted in the last four general elections simply because I didn't think there was anyone worth voting for. Usually I stay clear of political threads but this time I make an exception to make an observation.

When President Obama was in office the Republicans did nothing but try bring him down and oust him as President. Now we have the Democrats doing the same with President Trump and on it goes. I just wish our elected representatives spent as much time and energy on this country's problems as they do on this $hite.

Now the Democrats are giving the IRS/Treasury a deadline to produce President Trumps tax returns, WTF! There is nothing in Constitutional law that states the President must release his tax returns, Presidents releasing their tax returns was started by President Nixon back in the 1970's and became a tradition, nothing more.

I don't think Trump will get a second term as President either.

Last edited:
Now the Democrats are giving the IRS/Treasury a deadline to produce President Trumps tax returns, WTF! There is nothing in Constitutional law that states the President must release his tax returns, Presidents releasing their tax returns was started by President George Romney back in the 1960's and became a tradition, nothing more.

I don't think Trump will get a second term as President either.
Seeing his tax returns will either prove or disprove many things that he has been saying, so in that regard I think Congress does need to see them, the public not so much, but isn't there a little bit of you dying to see if the serial braggart is as rich as he says he is?
My money is on NO - he is nowhere near being as rich as he claims.

Glorious takedown of the Green New Deal

(caution, velociraptor and seahorse content)

No, not a glorious takedown of the new green deal, just how much your elected officials are owned by " Oil" or just enter in any other big money player in the USA.

To see this comedy show in the Senate shows just how screwed up the USA is.

Even in BREXIT no Minister or Lord had a temp putting up "funny/sad" pictures of cartoons or other shite to make their fake , paid for point.

Seeing his tax returns will either prove or disprove many things that he has been saying, so in that regard I think Congress does need to see them
I disagree for two reasons. First tax returns are private and so Congress has no right to see them, if they want to see his tax returns then there is a judicial system for that but according to one law professor over here "good luck with that".

but isn't there a little bit of you dying to see if the serial braggart is as rich as he says he is?
TBH mate I really don't care how much money he has or doesn't have, it's none of my business.

My money is on NO - he is nowhere near being as rich as he claims
Well to date President Trump has donated most of his presidential salary to charities so he can't be short of a dollar or two. He's even written cheques on a quarterly basis and donated his salary to the following Federal agencies.

National Park Service
The Department of Education
The Department of Health and Human Services
The Department of Transportation
The Department of Veterans Affairs
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism,
The Department of Homeland Security.

Personally I think the man is a narcissist and the other choice Clinton, I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Anyway mate, as I said it was just an observation on my part. I really don't want to and I am not going to get into a political discussion/debate about it. We can discuss all we like but when all is said and done politicians don't give a fùck about what you or I think as we are seeing with dare I say it, Brexit, the bunch of agenda driven twats.

Last edited:
Reasonable deduction if predicated on the assumption that Trump is Hilter, Stalin and Mao all rolled into one which clearly is not the case.
Probably as fat as Stalin and Mao rolled into one.

No, not a glorious takedown of the new green deal, just how much your elected officials are owned by " Oil" or just enter in any other big money player in the USA.

To see this comedy show in the Senate shows just how screwed up the USA is.

Even in BREXIT no Minister or Lord had a temp putting up "funny/sad" pictures of cartoons or other shite to make their fake , paid for point.

It was actually a brilliant move by McConnell. Making the Dems go on record for that lunacy killed it.

]
Presidents releasing their tax returns was started by President George Romney back in the 1960's and became a tradition, nothing more.
President Who?

I did wonder about that.

I thought Sam might have meant 1860s as there was a raft of Presidents before Lincoln that no one ever seems to have heard of. George Romney was not one of them.

The disclosure of tax returns only started in the 1976 Carter/Ford run off. And it is voluntary.

Sam?

They've lied to you for two years. They are lying to you still.​
"There is the question of how we perceive “the news”; how established media institutions present and frame information; how we are supposed to respond to the “takes” purportedly expert and knowledgeable voices serve up to us by the second on social media. And here, I’m skeptical.

It’s hard not to be. Think of the headlines we’ve encountered since the beginning of this year. We were told the Covington Catholic boys were smug racist Trump supporters on the basis of a snippet of video. A young man, a private citizen, whose only offense was traveling to Washington, D.C., to march for life, was transformed at light speed into a symbol of hate and systemic oppression. However, just as Nick Sandmann’s reputation as a villain was about to set in stone, additional videos revealed that the students’ encounter with a far-left American Indian activist and the Black Hebrew Israelites was far more complicated than initially reported. The Covington Catholic boys had been smeared. People who cast themselves as agents of professional knowledge, expertise, and moral authority had circulated and amplified a lie in the service of a political agenda. Not for the first nor last time.
We were told Jussie Smollett, a rising gay African-American actor and singer, had been the victim of a hate crime committed by MAGA-hat-wearing Trump supporters in the dead cold of a Chicago night. Journalists and bloggers who asked questions about Smollett’s story were decried as bigots, even as key details went missing and the shifting timeline became more and more curious. Then the city’s African-American police commissioner announced Smollett had been arrested for orchestrating a bizarre hoax. The state’s attorney filed charges—charges subsequently dropped after behind-the-scenes lobbying by Michelle Obama’s former chief of staff.
We were told that Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin were in cahoots to hack the emails of the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign; that Trump might have been a Russian agent since the late 1980s; that the key to the conspiracy might be a server in Trump Tower relaying information to a Russian bank; that the indictment of Donald Trump Jr. was imminent; that Trump Sr., according to the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, had committed “treason”; that Michael Cohen had met with Russian intelligence operatives in Prague; that Trump had directed Michael Flynn to speak to the Russians prior to Election Day 2016; that Trump had instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress; that Paul Manafort had met with Julian Assange in the Ecuadoran embassy in London during the campaign; that secret indictments in an Alexandria courthouse would be unsealed on the day Robert Mueller filed his report on possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. None of it happened.
We were told that Michael Avenatti, a trial attorney who appeared seemingly out of nowhere to represent Stephanie Clifford, aka “Stormy Daniels,” in her (tossed-out) defamation suit against Donald Trump, was a defender of the rule of law and election integrity who posed, in the words of Stephen Colbert, an “existential threat” to the Trump presidency.

To paraphrase Han Solo, we’ve been told an awful lot."

Matthew Continetti.

Yeah you're right, don't know what I was thinking there. George Romney was a presidential hopeful back in the sixties. It was Nixon that started it. Every President with the exception of Gerald Ford has shown their tax returns.

As I stated above, U.S. Presidents are not under any obligation to release their tax returns.

I did wonder about that.

I thought Sam might have meant 1860s as there was a raft of Presidents before Lincoln that no one ever seems to have heard of. George Romney was not one of them.

The disclosure of tax returns only started in the 1976 Carter/Ford run off. And it is voluntary.

Sam?
It started when Richard Nixon was under audit he released his tax returns and most presidents since have done so.

"In 1973, while under audit and amid a controversy over his personal taxes, Nixon released returns dating back to when he took office in 1969. The scandal led to one of Nixon's most famous quotes. "People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook,"

He was a crook.

Yeah you're right, don't know what I was thinking there. George Romney was a presidential hopeful back in the sixties. It was Nixon that started it. Every President with the exception of Gerald Ford has shown their tax returns.

As I stated above, U.S. Presidents are not under any obligation to release their tax returns.
George was Mitt's Dad.

Minor quibble. You are still bang on the money.

I'd really like to see Jeremy Corbyn's tax return.

I'd like to see Alexandria Ocasio Cortez's tax return.

I'd love to see Angela Merkel's tax return

I'd especially like to see Hillary Clinton's.

In AOC's favour - At least she has worked for a living. Bar tending is an honorable profession. At least we know she has worked in a business.

Has Corbyn ever run a business?

Merkel?

Macron?

Putin?

I'm not even going to ask about Xi Jinping. Yeah that bloke who runs the biggest business in the world.

Hey Jinping. Hey Putin. Show us your tax returns. Come on - you owe it to us!

Kim Jong Un. Yes. Looking at you. Pretending that you have your finger on a nuclear button. Show us your tax returns first before you press.

Hey Sultan of Brunei. Before you start stoning poofters to death, Show us your tax returns. If it's all good then rock on. Hey!

Look, if I'm pushed I'll agree The Clinton Foundation is a business. But what kind of business is it?

Last edited:
The 9/11 row embroiling a US congresswoman

Her words are certainly taken out of context to the point of incredulity. She is clearly speaking about the anti- muslim backlash after 9/11 (although I recall 9 November 2001 to have been a quiet day)

I become more and more convinced that Trump is appealing to the bible thumping baptists (who are outspokenly anti-catholic, homophobic, islamophobic and Zionist) purely for votes.

OK Congressperson Omar may be a handful and may well go the full Muslim ideology, but this is an own goal for Trump.

I did like this one

"I don’t think Congress — particularly not this group of congressmen and women — are smart enough to look through the thousands of pages that I would assume that President Trump’s taxes will be," she said on "Fox News Sunday."

"My guess is that most of them don’t do their own taxes, and I certainly don’t trust them to look through the decades of success that the president has and determine anything," Sanders continued.
/QUOTE]

Sarah Sanders: Congress not 'smart enough' to look through Trump's taxes

Firstly, I do love the obsequiousness.

Secondly, I'm sure we can crowd fund a forensic accountant if POTUS is up for some transparency?

I disagree for two reasons. First tax returns are private and so Congress has no right to see them, if they want to see his tax returns then there is a judicial system for that but according to one law professor over here "good luck with that".

TBH mate I really don't care how much money he has or doesn't have, it's none of my business.

Well to date President Trump has donated most of his presidential salary to charities so he can't be short of a dollar or two. He's even written cheques on a quarterly basis and donated his salary to the following Federal agencies.

National Park Service
The Department of Education
The Department of Health and Human Services
The Department of Transportation
The Department of Veterans Affairs
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism,
The Department of Homeland Security.

Personally I think the man is a narcissist and the other choice Clinton, I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Anyway mate, as I said it was just an observation on my part. I really don't want to and I am not going to get into a political discussion/debate about it. We can discuss all we like but when all is said and done politicians don't give a fùck about what you or I think as we are seeing with dare I say it, Brexit, the bunch of agenda driven twats.
You may want to check to see how much of what Trump donates is offset against how much his organisation profits when he decamps to Mar a Largo or any of his other properties

https://www.quora.com/When-President-Trump-vacations-at-his-golf-courses-whos-paying-the-bill

What to believe?

Clinton's tax return or the testimony of Julian Assange?

With respect to the Arkancide of Seth Rich?

Possibly both are fiction.

It's a remarkably tough call at this stage of the game.
Even Fox News dropped that one like a hot rock it's only the hard core conspiracy types like the Q-uims or Matt Couch who after nearly three years of asking for donations to continue his investigation that he always say's is on the verge of a breakthrough has turned up nish but as he appears to be turning between 10 -20 K a month from the punters I'm sure he's in no rush.

You may want to stick to buttery males.

The 9/11 row embroiling a US congresswoman

Her words are certainly taken out of context to the point of incredulity. She is clearly speaking about the anti- muslim backlash after 9/11 (although I recall 9 November 2001 to have been a quiet day)

I become more and more convinced that Trump is appealing to the bible thumping baptists (who are outspokenly anti-catholic, homophobic, islamophobic and Zionist) purely for votes.

OK Congressperson Omar may be a handful and may well go the full Muslim ideology, but this is an own goal for Trump.
She could also just be a douche bag.