The Trump Presidency...

When he starts talking about the Red Heifer, it's time to duck and cover.....
Is that someone on the Labour Front Bench?

Is that someone on the Labour Front Bench?
No, the Red Heifer is a bit of End Time theological nonsense. I believe there is an American farmer trying to breed one to help bring about the Apocalypse.
However, the Red Hippopotamus is a bit of Labour Party nonsense, but it can be identified by its number, six hundrety, sixteen and seven.

This is actually quite interesting. Seems mad to us, but it it plays to the evangelical Right who have been bending over backwards to find theological reasons to support a man who is as close to a list of broken Commandments as you can get.

Since Trump is an utterly amoral and decadent tyrant, instead of looking at the New Testament, where St John seems to have seen the Beast coming (oddly enough, the oily little son in law Kushner has a big office building at 666 Fifth Avenue....) The snake juggling speaking-in- tongues weirdos are looking to various horrible Old Testament dictators whose claim to fame was they they DIDN'T exterminate Jews on principle, despite these Evangelicals being, err, not Jewish.

The Old Testament called them "Righteous", so that definition is a bit limited to "Didn't kill us, already".

I would have expected this sort of cant from Pence, who's Bible bashing is well known, but it is odd in Pompeo.

I would guess that this is another unbelievably stupid idea from the Kushner-Ivanka stable, that has bypassed State Department and Pompeo is trying to find a way to spin it to the Trump's fan base in liturgical language.

Ivanka has ambitions about founding a hereditary Trump dynasty, but she isn't known as "HABI" (Home of All Bad Ideas) for nothing and Jared is probably thinking that if it goes pear shaped he can skip and claim asylum in Israel before the Feds catch up and ask hard questions about money laundering and influence selling. The Golan Heights is his offering to Tel Aviv.
See, Dessert Twat. That's a proper post. Facts, exposition, a point. No tinfoiler wibble. Give it a go!

I'm surprised they haven't invoked Dump as the new King Cyrus. (They probably have but life is too short to Google it).

See, Dessert Twat. That's a proper post. Facts, exposition, a point. No tinfoiler wibble. Give it a go!

I'm surprised they haven't invoked Dump as the new King Cyrus. (They probably have but life is too short to Google it).
Ooh, they have.
It is hilarious.

Last edited:
Pompeo: 'Trump sent by God to save Israel'

I understand what previous posters are saying about Trump fawning to the Bible belt. For votes so he can get re-elected.

To involve religion in international politics, especially an extreme view of Christianity, it going to increase the number of terrorist attacks on both sides of the islamic and christian factions, may destabilise the middle east, and may alienate the rest of the world against USA.

I understand what previous posters are saying about Trump fawning to the Bible belt. For votes so he can get re-elected.

To involve religion in international politics, especially an extreme view of Christianity, it going to increase the number of terrorist attacks on both sides of the islamic and christian factions, may destabilise the middle east, and may alienate the rest of the world against USA.

Well if Congress looks like this...we might have some problems.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer

Looks like Jefferson and his interpretation of the First Amendment might be up for grabs then.

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin
Actively pursuing the religious extremists and Bible Belt voters gives their beliefs a disproportionate influence in the running of the country. Ah well, what's not to love in a good old-fashioned Theocracy?

Apart from the persecution of religious minorities, of course. Separation of Church and State is far easier when you only have one Church.

Looks like Jefferson and his interpretation of the First Amendment might be up for grabs then.

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin
Actively pursuing the religious extremists and Bible Belt voters gives their beliefs a disproportionate influence in the running of the country. Ah well, what's not to love in a good old-fashioned Theocracy?

Apart from the persecution of religious minorities, of course. Separation of Church and State is far easier when you only have one Church.
Not allowed enough likes on this site for this post.

No, the Red Heifer is a bit of End Time theological nonsense. I believe there is an American farmer trying to breed one to help bring about the Apocalypse.
However, the Red Hippopotamus is a bit of Labour Party nonsense, but it can be identified by its number, six hundrety, sixteen and seven.
Is this animal called Diane?