The Trump Presidency...

I did like this

I think Adlai Stevenson had a bit more style.

Funny how this can be declassified (with the aid of a sharpie) almost immediately, but he needs to see any Mueller report before it goes anywhere to "claim executive privillege"

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/mueller-report-white-house-see/index.html

I mean, a less fair minded person might suspect "executive privillege"* just a fig leaf of an excuse to sharpie out anything the President does not like?

*Do you think it is possible, he doesn't realise it is a legal definition? Maybe he thinks it is like the key to the private bathroom or other "executive perks"?

When he said it the first time every man and his dog could see that he was talking more rubbish, even the US military had a what the **** moment. Is this a case of every month he will say it and eventually he will be right.

The question is do you agree with him?
"Everyman and his dog" means nothing. Where's proof of the US military "what the **** moment"? Generalities do not apply here.

Do I agree with POTUS? I don't know what he knows so I do not offer a view. It's simple for me, you either accept what he says or you don't. I don't think anyone on this site, or in the media for that matter, will go down the route of providing any real "proof" without compromising OPSEC. This is all nonsense talking points trying to portray Trump in a particular light. Think logically.

Let's see what are the facts we do know? Trump hasn't started any wars and he's pulling out of the disastrous wars started by former presidents. Of course the Mockingbird media will inevitably portray his pull out it in a certain way. At the same time he's also building up the military. He understands how crucial the armed forces are for the country even if his policy is not to warmonger around the world.

Unfortunately, armchair critics fancy themselves as president and believe they can do a better job. The bottom line is neither you or I are president and he is despite all the odds. Let that really sink in.

I did like this

Funny how this can be declassified (with the aid of a sharpie) almost immediately, but he needs to see any Mueller report before it goes anywhere to "claim executive privillege"

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/mueller-report-white-house-see/index.html

I mean, a less fair minded person might suspect "executive privillege"* just a fig leaf of an excuse to sharpie out anything the President does not like?

*Do you think it is possible, he doesn't realise it is a legal definition? Maybe he thinks it is like the key to the private bathroom or other "executive perks"?
You're equating a sharpie to de-class? Aren't you jumping to conclusions about what's under the sharpie?

You really think he is going to sharpie out the Mueller report?! Well, carry on in your disinformation and believing the oracle of CNN.

You're equating a sharpie to de-class? Aren't you jumping to conclusions about what's under the sharpie?

You really think he is going to sharpie out the Mueller report?! Well, carry on in your disinformation.
Looks to me just where the protective marking and descriptor would be.

Of course, I am quite open to being proven wrong.

I could also recommend some excellent open source sites for him to read (where the commentators actually speak Arabic or have lived in the Middle East, unlike say "Dr" Gorkha or who ever he like to get advice from).

Rather than unsourced YouTube, Why don't you have a read of this, for example.

For the President's Eyes Only: Secret Intelligence & the American Presidency from Washington to Bush by Christopher M. Andrew

It's an excellent introduction to the role of Intelligence in US Statecraft. Chris Andrews' stuff is always worth a read.

Looks to me just where the protective marking and descriptor would be.

Of course, I am quite open to being proven wrong.

I could also recommend some excellent open source sites for him to read (where the commentators actually speak Arabic or have lived in the Middle East, unlike say "Dr" Gorkha or who ever he like to get advice from).

Rather than unsourced YouTube, Why don't you have a read of this, for example.

For the President's Eyes Only: Secret Intelligence & the American Presidency from Washington to Bush by Christopher M. Andrew

It's an excellent introduction to the role of Intelligence in US Statecraft. Chris Andrews' stuff is always worth a read.
The book was published in 1996. A lot has changed since then. In fact Trump's presidency is so pivotal that I suspect you'd be able to categorise all things governmental and ABC's as BT (Before Trump) or AT (After Trump). That's the reality whether you want to accept it or not.

Last edited:
I'd be cautious of accepting what the Mockingbird media purports the SDF says. I can't emphasise enough how fake the news is.
I can't emphasise enough how you are willing to believe what Trump says over the actual Commanders on the ground themselves. Was IS defeated two weeks ago when he said it was? Or tonight? Which of Trump's stories do you believe?

The book was published in 1996. A lot has changed since then. In fact Trump's presidency is pivotal and I suspect you'd be able to categorise all things governmental and ABC's as BT (Before Trump) or AT (After Trump). That's the reality whether you want to accept it or not.
Yes, I said an introduction.

You need a good solid base to start from.

That always makes me chuckle, pop the below into a search engine to get the joke. I'd use someone else's computer.

القاعدة

You see now how reading history can help?

I can't emphasise enough how you are willing to believe what Trump says over the actual Commanders on the ground themselves. Was IS defeated two weeks ago when he said it was? Or tonight? Which of Trump's stories do you believe?
Whilst people argue about how many KM of territory DAESH control, their followers started to refer to "Wilyaat Al-Kilobyte" some time ago.

"Wilayaat" is the term often used to a geographical administrative division; implying the switch to the virtual caliphate.

Whilst people argue over land (which is important to deny to the enemy), they miss the essential point. Mao taught to trace space for time, time to grow and use this to build will to subsitute what you have to get what you need.

A tradition as based in the need for emmigration around the various jihadist hot-spots as Salafist Jihadism is, the mere loss of the "Caliphate" is a blip in history. Al Qaeida theologians argued the establishment of the caliphate was premature; they now look the wise old grey beards to the impetious young bucks.

Bear in mind the cultural relevance of the "Sheikh", the elder, in this cultural issue.

I'd suggest that we risk a premature celebration; the downfall of DAESH is excellent, and we must support its suppression. But it is one head on the hydra of Salafist Jihadist terrorism we face.

Defeating ISIS is similar to gaining enlightenment. It's a process, i.e. it's more defeated than yesterday, like less resources, less ammo, less soldiers. The difference being there is an end point for ISIS but there is none for enlightenment.

Can I suggest not being so black and white regarding some of Trump's comments. They are more nuanced than you realise.

Defeating ISIS is similar to gaining enlightenment. It's a process, i.e. it's more defeated than yesterday, like less resources, less ammo, less soldiers. The difference being there is an end point for ISIS but there is none for enlightenment.

Can I suggest not being so black and white regarding some of Trump's comments. They are more nuanced than you realise.
Gullible Q looney

Whilst people argue about how many KM of territory DAESH control, their followers started to refer to "Wilyaat Al-Kilobyte" some time ago.

"Wilayaat" is the term often used to a geographical administrative division; implying the switch to the virtual caliphate.

Whilst people argue over land (which is important to deny to the enemy), they miss the essential point. Mao taught to trace space for time, time to grow and use this to build will to subsitute what you have to get what you need.

A tradition as based in the need for emmigration around the various jihadist hot-spots as Salafist Jihadism is, the mere loss of the "Caliphate" is a blip in history. Al Qaeida theologians argued the establishment of the caliphate was premature; they now look the wise old grey beards to the impetious young bucks.

Bear in mind the cultural relevance of the "Sheikh", the elder, in this cultural issue.

I'd suggest that we risk a premature celebration; the downfall of DAESH is excellent, and we must support its suppression. But it is one head on the hydra of Salafist Jihadist terrorism we face.
You could say that the attitude of Vietnam and body counts is similar and not really productive in the long term. As you say setting up a Caliphate was premature but it did provide a reference point and draw like minded people to it. They have now moved on.

It was the will of god that they were defeated in that area. It is the will of god that they now move on to a new strategy.

It was the will of god that they were defeated in that area. It is the will of god that they now move on to a new strategy.
it's a bit funny how Desiderata and the Koran dovetail so nicely.....

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 09.49.49.png

Wonderful what selective quotation can achieve.

I know Trump is appealing * to his voter base but it is a very low thing to do to insult a dead man like McCain. Never got thanked for the funeral? What for? The US Congress let McCain have a state funeral.

*I originally freudianly typed "appalling"

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I know Trump is appealing * to his voter base but it is a very low thing to do to insult a dead man like McCain. Never got thanked for the funeral? What for? The US Congress let McCain have a state funeral.

*I originally freudianly typed "appalling"
His usual praise bearers are very quiet about that particular crass, even by his very low standards, act. I wonder why?

Defeating ISIS is similar to gaining enlightenment. It's a process, i.e. it's more defeated than yesterday, like less resources, less ammo, less soldiers.
You do understand there is a difference between IS 'on the ground' and IS the belief? Even if it's the destruction of the self proclaimed Caliphate, that is far from the end of IS in the Levant, let alone elsewhere.

You have deliberately deflected the point about which 'victory' Trump is talking about. It's like Assad saying he defeated IS in November '17. Both incorrect.
The difference being there is an end point for ISIS but there is none for enlightenment.
No wonder posters respond with 'YUM'. You clearly have no idea.
Can I suggest you stop believing everything that issues forth from his mouth and Twitter as actually being fact?