The Trump Presidency...

Further to the above, are you calling me out for being emotive here? Because I seem to recall that the original point on abortion was a presidential spokesman being criticised for using emotive language, something that you have used yourself.
Of course people are going to be emotive over this issue. If you think they are not here, then you are sadly mistaken.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just pointing out the difference in definitions. What you view as perfectly normal is not seen as such, and preserving life by taking it is viewed just as distastefully by you. Funny how that works.
That's a great argument, except for the slight snag it has no actual basis in anything I've said. Abortion is legal, blowing people up who legally are allowed to do it isn't.

That's a great argument, except for the slight snag it has no actual basis in anything I've said. Abortion is legal, blowing people up who legally are allowed to do it isn't.
Never said I would blow them up. If you were an abortion provider you would more than likely be socially shunned by many in your local community.

Yeah, even don't get me going on the healthcare situ in the U.S. - nothing to do with Trump, has been there for a long time before. But I found it funny. And sad at the same time. I used to have a few neighbors who used to drive all the way to Canada to get cheap drugs.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Never said I would blow them up. If you were an abortion provider you would more than likely be socially shunned by many in your local community.
You stated you would shoot somebody, I pointed out that by that logic you would support bombing the clinics. The kind of moralisticly smug self important twat who would shun a person for their job are not really a part of the argument.

You stated you would shoot somebody, I pointed out that by that logic you would support bombing the clinics. The kind of moralisticly smug self important twat who would shun a person for their job are not really a part of the argument.
It was a shock statement to provide a point. What you view as normal is viewed by others as murder. What you view as murder is not quite viewed in the same lens by others. Shooting somebody to save the life of a perfectly healthy infant, who only crime was to be born is more or less preserving the life of another.

Let me try this again, abortion for the sake of abortion is wrong. If the child is not viable I can understand the desire to terminate the pregnancy in the 1st or 2nd trimester. But not everybody is willing to do so.
You do realize that abortion is not an easy decision and it's almost never taken lightly. It's not like saying, "oh yeah, I won't see this guy again!" But there needs to be an option available when a gal decides, I don't want to have a kid. Accidentally or because of some other circumstances. And what some U.S. states with abortion laws are doing is completely idiotic and moronic. And mainly written by men. Go figure.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It was a shock statement to provide a point. What you view as normal is viewed by others as murder. What you view as murder is not quite viewed in the same lens by others. Shooting somebody to save the life of a perfectly healthy infant, who only crime was to be born is more or less preserving the life of another.
Ah the old I didn't mean it like that ploy riiiight.

You do realize that abortion is not an easy decision and it's almost never taken lightly. It's not like saying, "oh yeah, I won't see this guy again!" But there needs to be an option available when a gal decides, I don't want to have a kid. Accidentally or because of some other circumstances. And what some U.S. states with abortion laws are doing is completely idiotic and moronic. And mainly written by men. Go figure.
Then the adoption process needs to be remedied.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh don’t get me wrong Helm, if you were a threat to the public and had the means and intent to harm or take the lives of others, I would drop you.
But I'm not a threat to the public I am doing my legal job, the only person breaking the law is you shooting me.

Oh don’t get me wrong Helm, if you were a threat to the public and had the means and intent to harm or take the lives of others, I would drop you.
Prove it.

See the word legal there it means I'm not, you really aren't very good at comprehending things are you?
You can argue all you want to, if it is not necessary you are not legally allowed to perform the procedure.

Statutory Definition of Illegal Abortion
(1) Any procedure after viability that is not "necessary,"
(2) M.D. who intentionally terminates viability of unborn fetus during legal abortion; (3) use of other than accepted medical procedures, other than licensed M.D. (including pregnant woman) performs act, procedure, prescription administered to produce premature expulsion, removal, or termination of fetus except when continuation of pregnancy threatens fetus's viability; (4) using public funds for abortion other than those resulting from incest or sexual assault.

Statutory Definition of Legal Abortion
After viability, necessary to preserve health, life of mother according to appropriate medical judgment.

Penalty for Unlawful Abortion
M.D. aborting viable fetus, use of other than accepted medical procedures, person other than M.D. performing abortion: felony, imprisonment up to 14 years.

Penalty for Unlawful AbortionM.D.
Aborting viable fetus, use of other than accepted medical procedures, person other than M.D. performing abortion: felony, imprisonment up to 14 years.

One more time for you.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
You can argue all you want to, if it is not necessary you are not legally allowed to perform the procedure.

Statutory Definition of Illegal Abortion
(1) Any procedure after viability that is not "necessary,"
(2) M.D. who intentionally terminates viability of unborn fetus during legal abortion; (3) use of other than accepted medical procedures, other than licensed M.D. (including pregnant woman) performs act, procedure, prescription administered to produce premature expulsion, removal, or termination of fetus except when continuation of pregnancy threatens fetus's viability; (4) using public funds for abortion other than those resulting from incest or sexual assault.

Statutory Definition of Legal Abortion
After viability, necessary to preserve health, life of mother according to appropriate medical judgment.

Penalty for Unlawful Abortion
M.D. aborting viable fetus, use of other than accepted medical procedures, person other than M.D. performing abortion: felony, imprisonment up to 14 years.

Penalty for Unlawful AbortionM.D.
Aborting viable fetus, use of other than accepted medical procedures, person other than M.D. performing abortion: felony, imprisonment up to 14 years.

One more time for you.
*sigh*
legal
adjective
adjective: legal
  1. 1.
    relating to the law.
    "the European legal system"
    • appointed or required by the law.
      "a legal requirement"
      synonyms:judicial, juridical, jurisdictive, judicatory, forensic
      "the legal profession"
    • Law
      recognized by common or statute law, as distinct from equity.
    • relating to theological legalism.
  2. 2.
    permitted by law.
    "he claimed that it had all been legal"
    synonyms:lawful, legitimate, licit, within the law, legalize
If that's too hard ask a grown up to explain to you