The Trump Presidency...

Looking at some of the current projections those most affected will be in areas that were strongly for leave like South Wales and the Northeast. It's similar to those most affected by Trumps trade tariffs and changes to the ACA being in red states.
It's for another thread, but the vote in South Wales for leave is truly Turkeys voting for Christmas. If they think that Westminster will match the spending from the European Social Fund on all the stuff in Wales build by the EU, they are truly mad.

The Blue States can’t function without the resource producing red states.
Apart from the ones which produce more resources than the red states, as I've already posted.

Wyoming was some way behind California, as I recall.

The vanity of this man knows no bounds. Disregarding for a moment the claim that it will 'obviously be the biggest gathering in DC's history', the very same DC Mall has had a parade and fireworks display every year on July 4th which other Presidents have attended - not one of them attempted to turn the event into parade in their own honour.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donald J. FatCunt
Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
HOLD THE DATE! We will be having one of the biggest gatherings in the history of Washington, D.C., on July 4th. It will be called “A Salute To America” and will be held at the Lincoln Memorial. Major fireworks display, entertainment and an address by your favorite President, me!
4:43 AM - 24 Feb 2019
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Narcissism at it's best. Which one of these applies to the big fatty in charge.

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
  • Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior

So (yes yes I know that this is bad grammar) what are arrsers opinions of this Jussie Smollett character? Did he fake a hate crime purely to get a pay rise or did he do it to incite more anti Trump hatred?
Personally, I believe a mixture of both.
What do others think?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
So (yes yes I know that this is bad grammar) what are arrsers opinions of this Jussie Smollett character? Did he fake a hate crime purely to get a pay rise or did he do it to incite more anti Trump hatred?
What do others think?
I think he's a prick, I notice the more simple of the Trumpettes are using it to excuse everything Trump does in a massive whataboutry exercise so it's backfired if that was his intent. Personally, I think it was a look at me gone bad.

The vanity of this man knows no bounds. Disregarding for a moment the claim that it will 'obviously be the biggest gathering in DC's history', the very same DC Mall has had a parade and fireworks display every year on July 4th which other Presidents have attended - not one of them attempted to turn the event into parade in their own honour.
Donald J. FatCunt
Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
HOLD THE DATE! We will be having one of the biggest gatherings in the history of Washington, D.C., on July 4th. It will be called “A Salute To America” and will be held at the Lincoln Memorial. Major fireworks display, entertainment and an address by your favorite President, me!
4:43 AM - 24 Feb 2019

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
Did I send you that book where Septic shrinks analyse the Bouffoons behaviour?

I'm pretty sure that is the same psychrometric the last Management Company suggested that I present to my wife.

Did I send you that book where Septic shrinks analyse the Bouffoons behaviour?
No, but I have it in my collection though just not had time to read it yet.

What do others think?
I think he's a prick, I notice the more simple of the Trumpettes are using it to excuse everything Trump does in a massive whataboutry exercise so it's backfired if that was his intent. Personally, I think it was a look at me gone bad.
I think it was a mixture of both as well, either way it wasn't going to end the way he thought it would. But every time the Truppits use it as a weapon there is always a comeback.
1551101760196.png

A bit more ME ME ME from President Fatty. Full Link

Donald Frump Rips Spike Lee’s “Racist Hit” on the President
By Claire Spellberg @c_spellberg Feb 25, 2019 at 8:43am

Of course President Frump has something to say about the Oscars. On Monday morning, the president unleashed his usual Twitter spree, this time covering everything from South Korea to the “emergency on our Southern border.” Amid all that tweeting, Trump managed to get in a jab at BlackKklansman director Spike Lee, who took home an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay. Lee didn’t mention the president in his acceptance speech, but Frump still called out the director, saying that his speech was nothing more than a “racist hit on your President.”

“Be nice if Spike Lee could read his notes, or better yet not have to use notes at all, when doing his racist hit on your President,” Frump tweeted Monday morning. The president went on to say that he has “done more for African Americans (Criminal Justice Reform, Lowest Unemployment numbers in History, Tax Cuts, etc.) than almost any other Pres,” implying that Lee should be grateful for these achievements (according to the Washington Post, statistics do not support the president’s claims).

Normally, you have to mention Frump by name to become the subject of a tweet, but that wasn’t the case for Lee. In his speech, the BlackKklansman co-writer and director discussed the 400-year anniversary of slavery in the United States, his grandmother, and “our ancestors who have built this country into what it is today along with the genocide of its native people.”

Never did he mention the president by name; the closest Lee got to saying “Trump” was when noted that “the 2020 presidential election is around the corner” and urged viewers to get out and vote. “Let’s all mobilize. Let’s all be on the right side of history. Make the moral choice between love versus hate. Let’s do the right thing!” said Lee in his impassioned speech.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Trump is a full-on narcissistic megalomanic egomaniac.

Everything must be about him, not just in politics but EVERYTHING. He believes that he is the best at everything he tries, blatantly lying to try to convince others that this is true. He believes that his judgement is unimpeachable. He can't resist commenting on things that have nothing to do with him, and then makes himself look like a mentally ill child with the comments he does make.

The man is a mess.

DISGRACE
The Awful Irony of Trump Going to Vietnam
The flight suit of a true American hero will be on display a mere nine blocks from where Trump will likely end up rubbing elbows with a dictator this week.
Michael Daly 02.25.19 4:42 AM ET. A Great Read - Full Link Here

John McCain’s flight suit, helmet, and parachute are on display in a glass case at a Hanoi prison nine blocks from where President Trump is expected to meet with the North Korean leader this week.

The arched brick entrance to what the Vietnamese call Hoa Lo Prison and American POWs dubbed the Hanoi Hilton still bears the words “MAISON CENTRALE” that McCain would recall seeing when he was carried there a half century ago.

At the time, McCain had two broken arms and a broken leg suffered while ejecting from his stricken warplane. He had been beaten and bayoneted after he landed in Truc Bach Lake, which is also within easy walking distance of the upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un.

The site of the capture is now marked by a stone monument. The inscription is in Vietnamese but a date and name is recognizable to an English speaker.

“26-10-1967...JOHN SIDNEY MCCAIN”

Of course, neither the monument inscription nor the museum display make any mention of the years of torture McCain suffered. Nor is there mention of the offer of early release the Vietnamese made to McCain 10 months after his capture. They did so upon learning his father was the new commander-in-chief of U.S. forces in the Pacific.

McCain famously refused, citing the P.O.W. Code of Conduct, which prohibits accepting special favors from the enemy, including being released other than in the order of capture. He would later voice a more visceral reason, drawn from that selfless sector of the soul from which true American greatness rises.

1551108330899.png

Photo Illustration by Lyne Lucien/The Daily Beast

That very same week in July of 1968, Local Draft Board No. 3 in Jamaica, Queens, New York changed Donald Trump’s classification from 2S (“registrant deferred because of activity in study”) to 1A (“available for military service.”) Trump was suddenly in danger of being drafted and sent to Vietnam.

By October, Trump had secured a letter from a doctor saying that he suffered from bone spurs in his heels. Trump was reclassified to 1Y (“registrant qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency”) and then 4F (“registrant not qualified for military service.”) He remained free to ride around New York City in a limo and pursue a social life that later prompted him to say that STDs were “my Vietnam.”

(Mueller had also been deemed 4F in 1967, only his classification was an unwelcome one due to a knee he injured playing sports. He recovered and also secured a letter to his draft board from a doctor, only his said he was fit for service).

In the meantime, McCain endured five more years of torture and torment. He survived to become a U.S. senator from Arizona and to run unsuccessfully for president.

When Trump took a turn at running for president, McCain took exception with his base-rousing description of Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals. Trump responded by declaring that McCain was “not a war hero.”

“He's a war hero because he was captured,” Trump famously remarked. “I like people that weren't captured.”

After Trump said that, nobody should have been surprised by all the other things he said. Nobody who supported him could later truthfully say they did not know what he was like. Nobody who voted for him could rightly say it was to make America great again. He was in collusion with what is worst in us.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The article continues with Robert Muellers Vietnam experience

Every time I open this thread without knowing what's in the latest post, my mind instantly goes "OK, what the f did he do this time?"
So it's not just me that thinks that...