The Trump Presidency...

Yep, most of us know that but there are certain, shall we say, "Tangerine Ass Lickers" that post on here who seem to think it should only be a one way street. The biggest hypocrite being the Commander in Clot himself who spent an extraordinary amount of time trashing Obama - the partisan attacks seemed to be OK then didn't they ?
Anybody who enters politics is fair game. That is the rule, regardless of party. To be a public figure is to be subject to ridicule.
AOC is the lefts answer to Trump, I mean she is just as clueless. But at least she is a smashing hot female. Hell I could date her, if we never talked politics, guns, hunting, household budgets, etc.

Everybody has the right to voice their opinion in a peaceful manner. These forums are a much better alternative to public disorder. As long as nobody is rioting you can say whatever you like about the Donald.

Freedom of Speech is for everybody or nobody. Trampling on that is really some Nazi shit.

You hate the Trump, I tune 98 percent of him out, and some people would blow him in a heart beat. It is our right.

for @Civvy Scum & @Spank-it

Have some Space Force news, see if you think this is "dumb"..

How Does Space Policy Directive-4 Reorganize U.S. Military Space Operations? February 20, 2019

In particular, Question 9 & 10

Q9: What’s next?
A9:
DoD will submit a budget for the Space Force to the White House’s Office of Management and Budget to be included in the upcoming FY 2020 president’s budget request.
SPD-4 also requires the secretary of defense to propose relevant operational authority changes, regarding the establishment of the Space Force and Space Command, within 90 days to the National Space Council and the National Security Council.
Also within SPD-4, President Trump is requesting that the secretary of defense and the director of National Intelligence work together to create and enhance cooperation across their respective communities. The administration expects a joint report on this issue before August 2019.

Q10: Isn’t this old news?
A10:
Not quite! In August 2018, the Trump administration formally announced its plan to create the Space Force. At that time, the Space Force was to be a full military department—independent of the U.S. Air Force. The administration has since backtracked—possibly to ensure congressional support—and the new Space Force proposal is structured as a corps within the Department of the Air Force.
However, the administration makes it clear in SPD-4 that it expects there will be a time when the Space Force will outgrow the corps concept. To that end, SPD-4 requires that the secretary of defense will also conduct periodic reviews “to determine when to recommend the President seek legislation to establish” a new wholly separate military department. This department will be separate from the Department of the Air Force and assume all of the Space Force’s responsibilities.

So who is the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) ?

Founded in 1962 by David M. Abshire and Admiral Arleigh Burke, CSIS is one of the world’s preeminent international policy institutions focused on defense and security; regional study; and transnational challenges ranging from energy and trade to global development and economic integration. For the past eight years consecutively, CSIS has been named the world’s number one think tank for defense and national security by the University of Pennsylvania’s “Go To Think Tank Index.”
The Center’s over 220 full-time staff and large network of affiliated scholars conduct research and analysis and develop policy initiatives that look to the future and anticipate change. CSIS is regularly called upon by Congress, the executive branch, the media, and others to explain the day’s events and offer recommendations to improve U.S. strategy.
I think it's safe to listen to them.

Oh, and speaking of Space fairing nations...

2018 - A landmark year for India-US strategic relationship

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/arrse

1550761613864.png

1550761255688.png

1550761333073.png

1550761363079.png

Last edited:

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
Because, for a certain section of society in any country, stubbornness in the face of all evidence is seen a positive trait. They believe it shows grit and determination to ignore all the contrary evidence and create an alternative narrative that not only almost fits the facts they choose to believe (as seen through an extremely twisted lens) but also confirms their original stance.

They think it is mental toughness, but most people call it wilfull ignorance.
This could be attached to a number of other threads . . . .

I think it will go down like the Titanic for some sectors and areas, while others won't really notice much at all. Much will depend on the willingness of the Bureaucratic minions to plan realistically where Parliament can't. They will either be the unsung villains or heroes of the whole saga.

I think it will go down like the Titanic for some sectors and areas, while others won't really notice much at all. Much will depend on the willingness of the Bureaucratic minions to plan realistically where Parliament can't. They will either be the unsung villains or heroes of the whole saga.
Looking at some of the current projections those most affected will be in areas that were strongly for leave like South Wales and the Northeast. It's similar to those most affected by Trumps trade tariffs and changes to the ACA being in red states.

Looking at some of the current projections those most affected will be in areas that were strongly for leave like South Wales and the Northeast. It's similar to those most affected by Trumps trade tariffs and changes to the ACA being in red states.
Do you have any links you could post by chance??

Do you have any links you could post by chance??
The Brexit stuff is based on loss of EU funding for which Wales and the Northeast were top recipients and while the Government have said they will look into it on a case by case basis but it's always going to lose out to TFL's need to get people in and out of the City of London.

The US stats have already been argued on this thread, I'm at work right now if I get a chance I'll try to dig out the relevant articles later.

The Brexit stuff is based on loss of EU funding for which Wales and the Northeast were top recipients and while the Government have said they will look into it on a case by case basis but it's always going to lose out to TFL's need to get people in and out of the City of London.

The US stats have already been argued on this thread, I'm at work right now if I get a chance I'll try to dig out the relevant articles later.
I would appreciate that!

Because, for a certain section of society in any country, stubbornness in the face of all evidence is seen a positive trait. They believe it shows grit and determination to ignore all the contrary evidence and create an alternative narrative that not only almost fits the facts they choose to believe (as seen through an extremely twisted lens) but also confirms their original stance.

They think it is mental toughness, but most people call it wilfull ignorance.
This could be attached to a number of other threads . . . .
Threads? I was thinking it applied to the enitire site.

Good post @Sadurian.

I know it is the failing New York Times, but this passage did stand out.
The story of Mr. Trump’s attempts to defang the investigations has been voluminously covered in the news media, to such a degree that many Americans have lost track of how unusual his behavior is. But fusing the strands reveals an extraordinary story of a president who has attacked the law enforcement apparatus of his own government like no other president in history, and who has turned the effort into an obsession. Mr. Trump has done it with the same tactics he once used in his business empire: demanding fierce loyalty from employees, applying pressure tactics to keep people in line and protecting the brand — himself — at all costs.
Intimidation, Pressure and Humiliation: Inside Trump’s Two-Year War on the Investigations Encircling Him

The last bit sounds a bit like La Cosa Nostra to me.