The Trump Presidency...

Trump is killing the only thing he had going for him, which was the economy. Is it that hard to understand that some of the things he does have very long lasting consequences??
Oh, sorry, I thought the booming economy was all Obama’s work. So nothing Donald does should be able to change it, right?

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Talking to one of the US embassy people today, he is a locally employed person. Turns out there is a skeleton staff and everyone else has been sent home. He was saying that the local employed are looking for other work to fill the gap (the pay is OK but you can make more in Canadian Public Service) and are unlikely to come back.

He was saying it was bad enough with a few Trump true believers on the State Dept staff and the new Ambassador so good knows who will come back when the Trump Tantrum is over.

Third order effects - people really struggle to account for them.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
The fact that people believed the news story speaks volumes for the lack of faith we all have (stand fast the Russian trolls and fuckards) in the current President of the Untied States.

Yup but Tbf the only reason he got in was he had no decent opposition. Reminds me of Giant Douche Vs Turd Sandwich.

Similar to Obama with Romney.
Well HRC has the election and lost it.

Trump had the chance to have a decent legacy and blew it. He will just be known as the guy who handed the Dems the White House in 2020 and made W look like an A+ Statesmen.

So, just in from Muller::

View attachment 372766

Isn’t that pretty much the definition of Fake News?
Semantics, the story hasn't been denied by Mueller's office.

The BuzzFeed News editor-in-chief, Ben Smith, wrote on Twitter: “We stand by our reporting and the sources who informed it, and we urge the Special Counsel to make clear what he’s disputing.”

But, like you said, “I think that Mr Steele gave it to the American authorities, who appear to treat it with some significance”

Wouldn’t an alternative interpretation be that agroup of people within those agencies who had a deep seated opposition to Trump seized on it as a way to try and undermine his candidacy.

Them ‘Treating it with some significance’ doesn’t actually verify its reliability in any way, does it?
Well, the first point is simple one's point of view. Deep state conspiracy versus career professionals doing their job.

As to the second, we agree.

That is why we have investigations to determine the truth, which ought not to be impeded.

And as ever, all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a properly constituted court.

On an aside, I did like this one doing the rounds on Reddit
O7SENZ0.png

Well HRC has the election and lost it.

Trump had the chance to have a decent legacy and blew it. He will just be known as the guy who handed the Dems the White House in 2020 and made W look like an A+ Statesmen.
Well she only had a what 98%? Chance of winning I wouldn’t say she had it ;)

I think he’ll always be looked back on as a dick but if he was a good/bad president overall is now down to how N Korea turns out.

Which seems about as sensible and mature as this when Obama won:

View attachment 372801
One is chuckling about politics.

Another seems a little poor taste and simple racism.

But I suppose it is simply a matter of points of view.

Personally I find it more interesting to measure the content of a persons' character rather than the colour of their skin.