The Trump Presidency...

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The number of corrections CNN has had to issue. Believe me if I made that many mistakes in my work I'd be sacked.

The List Of CNN’s Bungled Reporting Is A Sight To Behold
The daily caller? this bastion of accuracy?

"
The Daily Caller frequently uses loaded emotional language that typically favors the right such as this: DEM NOMINEE FOR FLORIDA GOVERNOR IS PROGRESSIVE MAYOR WITH CORRUPTION INVESTIGATION SWIRLING AROUND HIM. The Daily Caller usually sources their information to credible media outlets, but sometimes they utilize sources that are factually mixed such as the Daily Wire and Questionable sources such as Judicial Watch. In reviewing story content, virtually all favored the right in story selection and wording, while denigrating the left. The Daily Caller also promotes a favorable view of President Donald Trump through promotion of his policies.

A factual search reveals a very poor track record with fact checking. Here is a short list of some failed fact checks:

The Daily Caller has failed numerous fact checks,
"

And a Harvard study on the bias against Trump in the media

News Coverage of Donald Trump’s First 100 Days - Shorenstein Center
snigger somebody hasn't read their link
"Have the mainstream media covered Trump in a fair and balanced way? That question cannot be answered definitively in the absence of an agreed-upon version of “reality” against which to compare Trump’s coverage. Any such assessment would also have to weigh the news media’s preference for the negative, a tendency in place long before Trump became president. Given that tendency, the fact that Trump has received more negative coverage than his predecessor is hardly surprising. The early days of his presidency have been marked by far more missteps and miss-hits, often self-inflicted, than any presidency in memory, perhaps ever. "

Last edited:
Heeeeeeeeeres DONNY...................

1547239801060.png

1547240164642.png

1547240456605.png

1547240502285.png

The number of corrections CNN has had to issue. Believe me if I made that many mistakes in my work I'd be sacked.

The List Of CNN’s Bungled Reporting Is A Sight To Behold

And a Harvard study on the bias against Trump in the media

News Coverage of Donald Trump’s First 100 Days - Shorenstein Center
What a laugh - shall we do a comparison with the fake reporting from Fox News - NOW and back when that black fella was in charge ?

Secondly, just exactly is wrong with biased media, is it your contention that all media should be supporting President orange skidmark ?

Speaking of shutdowns anybody care to take a guess as to how long this one will last?? I am going to say two more weeks...
Stop paying congress and it would be opening tomorrow, but we all know that won't happen so my guess is Wednesday I'm guessing a backroom deal is in the works so that both sides lose a bit but will still be able to claim a victory anyway.

Stop paying congress and it would be opening tomorrow, but we all know that won't happen so my guess is Wednesday I;m guessing a backroom deal is in the works so that both sides lose a bit but will still be able to claim a victory anyway.
Dreamer!! I think he will wait right before filing season starts!

One would think a back room deal would have happened already, at this point it is starting to get tedious and the cost of the shutdown will soon outweigh the 5 billion he wanted in the first place.

ETA. I think the Dems are also shooting themselves in the foot at this point as well, with the partial shutdown barley noticed by the vast majority of the population, they are giving the ultra fiscal conservatives more justification to reduce the size of the Federal Government.

Either that or somebody put a bug in his ear and said that declaring a national emergency opens the door for EVERY future President to bypass Congress if they don't get what they want. I cannot see a Congress being happy with that at all and if it went to a vote it would be historically 100% NAY !

Either that or somebody put a bug in his ear and said that declaring a national emergency opens the door for EVERY future President to bypass Congress if they don't get what they want. I cannot see a Congress being happy with that at all and if it went to a vote it would be historically 100% NAY !
Truth in that. Congress does not take kindly to that abuse regardless of what party is in charge. The GOP does not like him really but they do fear him. Rather like the Dems and their new representative AOC.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Trump's unilateralism gets a look

The Unconstrained Presidency

The Unconstrained Presidency
Checks and Balances Eroded Long Before Trump
By James Goldgeier and Elizabeth N. Saunders

In the age of Donald Trump, it often feels as though one individual has the power to chart the United States’ course in the world all by himself.
Since taking office as U.S. president, Trump has made a series of unilateral decisions with enormous consequences.

He walked away from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the Paris agreement on climate change, and the Iran nuclear deal.

He imposed tariffs on Canada, China, Mexico, and the European Union.

In June, he single-handedly upended the G-7 summit by insulting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and withdrawing the United States from the group’s joint communiqué.

In July, his European travels produced more diplomatic fireworks, with a NATO summit in Brussels that raised questions about his commitment to the organization—before his deferential press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

1547290827329.png

Each choice has brought howls of outrage—but little real pushback. Congress, for example, has proved unable to block the president from starting a trade war with China and with U.S. allies. For all of Trump’s talk of a shadowy “deep state” bent on undermining his every move, the U.S. government’s vast bureaucracy has watched as the president has dragged his feet on a plan to deter Russian election interference.

Even the United States’ closest allies have been unable to talk Trump out of damaging and potentially withdrawing from institutions of the liberal international order that the country has led for decades. How can a political system vaunted for its checks and balances allow one person to act so freely?

In reality, the problem goes well beyond Trump, and even beyond the well-documented trend of increasing presidential power. Constraints on the president—not just from Congress but also from the bureaucracy, allies, and international institutions—have been eroding for decades.

[Continues]

They cannot be serious....

Donald Dump’s daughter is reportedly one of a handful of people being considered as the new head of the World Bank.
The US president’s eldest daughter Ivanka Trump has been mentioned as a possible successor to Jim Yong Kim, who stood down earlier this week three and a half years before his term was up.

The sudden departure of Mr Kim, who was first appointed by former president Barack Obama in 2011 and re-elected in 2016, means Mr Trump can now choose a successor.

According to the Financial Times, names being thrown into the mix for the role include Ivanka Trump, Treasury official David Malpass, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley, and head of the US Agency for International Development Mark Green.

1547294970990.png

They cannot be serious....

Donald Dump’s daughter is reportedly one of a handful of people being considered as the new head of the World Bank.
The US president’s eldest daughter Ivanka Trump has been mentioned as a possible successor to Jim Yong Kim, who stood down earlier this week three and a half years before his term was up.

The sudden departure of Mr Kim, who was first appointed by former president Barack Obama in 2011 and re-elected in 2016, means Mr Trump can now choose a successor.

According to the Financial Times, names being thrown into the mix for the role include Ivanka Trump, Treasury official David Malpass, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley, and head of the US Agency for International Development Mark Green.
Do you seriously believe this garbage from the Mockingbird media?!

I'm now in two minds about you again, so, are you a shill?

Latest Threads