The Trump Presidency...

Donald on track for the bigliest government shutdown in US history.

Possible he may declare a state of emergency after all, because he's his own man and, er, Sean Hannity told him to.

Trumpies lawn press conference yesterday.
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

1. "So we're going to Texas. We're going to the border. Just spoke to some of my friends in Arizona. We have tremendous support."
Why do these two thoughts go together? I have no idea. And away we go!
5. "I'm a professional at technology."
Are you now? And what does that entail?
6. "When during the campaign I would say, 'Mexico's going to pay for it,' obviously I never said this and I never meant they're going to write out a check."
This is a clear-as-day attempt to rewrite history by Trump. He repeatedly said that Mexico would need to make a distinct $5 billion or $10 billion payment to the United States for the wall. And when he asked crowds at his rallies in 2016 who was going to pay for the wall, they shouted back "Mexico!" not "Mexico by way of theoretical gains we will make as a result of a restructured international trade deal!" I mean, come on.
7. "So Mexico is paying for the wall indirectly."
[narrator voice] They're not.
8. "And I find China, frankly, in many ways, to be far more honorable than Cryin' Chuck and Nancy. I really do."
This is a stunning statement. China, a nation that a) has a long record of human rights abuses b) manipulates currency and c) is no friend to the United States, is more honorable in Trump's estimation than the top-ranking elected officials of the opposition party in the United States. Sit with that for a second. And then think of how China, once seeing that comment, will seek to use it to their advantage. Not good.
9. "I think that China is actually much easier to deal with than the opposition party."
If this statement doesn't worry you, you're not paying enough attention.
11. "I haven't done it yet. I may do it. If this doesn't work out, probably I will do it ... I would almost say definitely."
Classic bit of Trumpism here. I haven't done it. I might do it. I am going to do it. All in just a few sentences!
12. "And they don't come in at the checkpoints, which they do also."
So, wait. Do they come in at the checkpoints or not?
16. "But that's a wall, and they have other walls. We have many walls under consideration."
Many walls. Some of the best walls. Believe me.
17. "There's acid that can go through concrete."
[nods head slowly]
23. "And I'd say 80% of you are possibly in coordination with the opposition party."
To be clear, the President of the United States is alleging -- with zero evidence -- that 8 in 10 White House reporters are secretly coordinating with Democrats. Sure, sure. All fine. Nothing to see here folks!
34. "The buck stops with everybody."
Presidential leadership! The buck stops with everybody! (Remember: Trump never takes blame for anything -- most especially things that are his fault.
38. "I didn't know anything about it. Nothing about it."
Trump on the record for the first time on whether he knew his campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was sharing polling information with the Russians during the 2016 campaign.
39. "I wish him luck. It's going to be a beauty."
In which the President of the United States says the divorce of the world's richest man is going to be a "beauty." This feels like a good place to stop.

...6. "When during the campaign I would say, 'Mexico's going to pay for it,' obviously I never said this and I never meant they're going to write out a check."
This is a clear-as-day attempt to rewrite history by Trump. He repeatedly said that Mexico would need to make a distinct $5 billion or $10 billion payment to the United States for the wall. And when he asked crowds at his rallies in 2016 who was going to pay for the wall, they shouted back "Mexico!" not "Mexico by way of theoretical gains we will make as a result of a restructured international trade deal!" I mean, come on.

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series was a favorite of mine as a kid.
I also enjoyed the Deathworld and To the Stars books . . .I must have been about 13 or 14 i think when i first read these.

A crock of fake news shite from a news channel that has lost all credibility.

Are you a shill per chance?
You truly are a brainless throbber aren't you ?.

Enlighten us all brainless one and tell us all how a live video session of the Orange Idiot saying EXACTLY what I posted can be fake ? Now just in case you think that he DIDN'T say any of that and CNN doctored the video, then can you explain how I watched the very same orange idiot saying the exact same thing LIVE on Fox News ?

Enlighten us all brainless one and tell us all how a live video session of the Orange Idiot saying EXACTLY what I posted can be fake ? Now just in case you think that he DIDN'T say any of that and CNN doctored the video, then can you explain how I watched the very same orange idiot saying the exact same thing LIVE on Fox News ?
@desert_rat is more of a Breitbart conspirylooney. Fox (isn't)News does throw the odd challenge at Trumpettes every now and then.

In the absence of the like buttons I post this for you chaps for all of your efforts on this thread until the missing buttons return..
1547209950385.png

desert_rat

Old-Salt

If you look carefully at my quote of your post, I was referring to the CNN analysis rather than the original interview. I saw the interview as well, I just don't buy the spin or the interpretation of the Editor-at-large.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you look carefully at my quote of your post, I was referring to the CNN analysis rather than the original interview. I saw the interview as well, I just don't buy the spin or the interpretation of the Editor-at-large.
Go on then, explain how CNN has lost ALL credibility.

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer

5. "I'm a professional at technology."
Are you now? And what does that entail?
That from the man ( i use the term loosely who always onmce bragged at not have a computer for persoanl use in his home, or office, and that he didn't do the "email thing". . . . . .
not to mention was foiled by the basic "technology" of an Umbella closure device . . . . .

The lying Tango-advert.

That from the man ( i use the term loosely who always onmce bragged at not have a computer for persoanl use in his home, or office, and that he didn't do the "email thing". . . . . .
not to mention was foiled by the basic "technology" of an Umbella closure device . . . . .

The lying Tango-advert.
Don't you mean the Lying Tango Pervert :)

Latest Threads