The Trump Presidency...

Somehow I wish I could help you understand that the 2nd Amendment is a right.
Which could potentially be taken away from you. If the body count was high enough. Or if enough 'muricans miraculously developed a sense of common decency and respect towards their fellow citizens. So that's never going to happen, given how paranoid so many of you are. Still, good news for the coffin makers, eh? Every cloud, etc.

Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Which could potentially be taken away from you. If the body count was high enough. Or if enough 'muricans miraculously developed a sense of common decency and respect towards their fellow citizens. So that's never going to happen, given how paranoid so many of you are. Still, good news for the coffin makers, eh? Every cloud, etc.

Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia
If the 2nd Amendment goes, then the entire Bill of Rights goes down with it. Which leads to only one viable option for a good chunk of the country. Secession, which is a domino chain nobody wants to start. Besides repealing the 2A is impossible.

If the 2nd Amendment goes, then the entire Bill of Rights goes down with it. Which leads to only one viable option for a good chunk of the country. Secession, which is a domino chain nobody wants to start. Besides repealing the 2A is impossible.
I rather suspect the civilised ones amongst you would shed not a tear to be rid of the gun nuts.
I think you'll find the expression you're looking for is...

If the 2nd Amendment goes, then the entire Bill of Rights goes down with it.
The First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Ninth have been frequently trampled on with no major effect

You don't need to get rid of the 2nd amendment. You already restrict it, just restrict it more sensibly to those firearms that vetted citizens have a legitimate use for. Unless the rednecks started breeding with octopuses no need for anyone to own more than a couple of firearms.

The First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Ninth have been frequently trampled on with no major effect
You don't need to get rid of the 2nd amendment. You already restrict it, just restrict it more sensibly to those firearms that vetted citizens have a legitimate use for. Unless the rednecks started breeding with octopuses no need for anyone to own more than a couple of firearms.
So how many should a citizen be allowed to own?

The press actually are the enemy of the people, they became so along time ago when they just gave up writing facts and just write what they think. They are no better as a group than my ramblings on a Army community website. They are in the business of getting paid for writing, so they write what they think sells. Lets remember Piers Morgan and his fake pictures, which he doesnt appear to be troubled by as he tells everyone else in the world how they should live.

Journalism isnt telling people what you think, its telling people what happened in the 3rd person without emotion. When you use words like "shocked" or "rocked" your a random website poster.
If as you contend the press is the enemy of the people should we just leave news reporting to facebook shares and retweets from the so called citizen journalists like Mat Couch who just make shit up. As for Piers Morgan, how long did he keep his job at the Mirror after those picture were published. The fact is that the main stream news media can be and regularly are held to account for what they produce. I believe most people are more than capable of separating facts from opinion, some not so much, while others have fallen lock step behind Trump/right wing and the fake news/enemy of the people agenda.

I watched enough Trump press conferences to know that Jim Acosta is CNN's attack dog, he can be abrasive and does badger Trump with the sort of questions he does not want to answer. I'm old enough to remember seeing Dan Rather do exactly the same thing to Nixon at every opportunity but with a markedly different response. The fact that a doctored video is being used to defend Trumps response suggests that he is envious of the sort of news media that North Korea and Russia use to inform their people.

Last edited:

Latest Threads