The Trump Presidency...

That is one of the things that I find unfathomable about the US, 'im not paying my tax dollars to X, y or Z' It strikes me as a fundamentally selfish viewpoint. I have a good Job and I have a healthy army pension coming in. I am lucky enough to earn enough to be a higher rate tax payer, I don't begrudge the tax I pay, because I believe that universal health care free at the point of use is what any country that can call itself civilised SHOULD provide to its citizens.
Sadly this is something we may be losing as a condition of a UK-USA FTA...

NUJ condemns Trump's boorish and chilling behaviour
National Union of Journalists. Full Link to NUJ
8 November 2018
Michelle Stanistreet, NUJ general secretary, said: "Donald Trump has already called the press the enemy of the people and has now followed up this dangerous and incendiary language by removing Jim Acosta’s press pass to the White House because he didn’t like the questions he was being asked.
The NUJ joins the journalist community around the globe in condemning this blatant attack on the freedom of the press on the ridiculous grounds that he manhandled an intern, sent to grab back a microphone. We send our solidarity to Jim Acosta and CNN and support their right to hold the president and all those in power to account.
The whole press conference was a disgrace. Donald Trump’s boorish and irrational behaviour is not only unfitting for his office, it is chilling."
The press actually are the enemy of the people, they became so along time ago when they just gave up writing facts and just write what they think. They are no better as a group than my ramblings on a Army community website. They are in the business of getting paid for writing, so they write what they think sells. Lets remember Piers Morgan and his fake pictures, which he doesnt appear to be troubled by as he tells everyone else in the world how they should live.

Journalism isnt telling people what you think, its telling people what happened in the 3rd person without emotion. When you use words like "shocked" or "rocked" your a random website poster.

Odd that in most of the civilized world health care is a right and they all think you are a bunch of belters for having what to all intents and purpose is a model based not on what the actual service or procedure costs but how much they can get away with charging and overseen by insurance companies that seem to look for any loophole to avoid paying.

I know how much you hate the ACA but I'd take a punt that Wyoming like some other red states where there are or where industries that left workers vulnerable to chronic lung disease that you as a state are a net beneficiary, In fact if it wasn't for the preexisting conditions clause in the ACA there would have been a lot less voters this week. No surprise that It's the preexisting conditions clause that the Insurance company lobbyists have been fighting tooth and nail to get Trump to remove.
Healthcare is a major issue in US. On one hand it works, you don't wait for anything, and the Dr's speak english, and if there is a treatment you can have it, but it all assumes you have health insurance, because the costs are beyond the realm of reality. That health insurance is huge, i get mine through work and pay $1600 a month for a family of 4, along with the first $2700 of all claims per person before it even kicks in. Thats a nice $20k plus a year before that insurance company pays out $1, plus my employer pays in a contribution as well, so the true up cost is much higher.

Having a baby, without any issues is a cool $60k.

On a serious note....

Dan Crenshaw - New blood in the House

Mocked by the "Left" on SNL own goal:
Dan Crenshaw, Veteran Pete Davidson Mocked on 'SNL,' Wins Race

The grace of not sinking to their level:
Dan Crenshaw addresses Pete Davidson's 'SNL' joke in victory speech
He was on Jocko a while back. Chris Kyle's former OC is the host

It's a fairly chest beating 'Merca!!!! Podcast, by some interesting guests.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...BMAB6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw0R39VkSZhHPUHBF5dOchZD

The press actually are the enemy of the people, they became so along time ago when they just gave up writing facts and just write what they think. They are no better as a group than my ramblings on a Army community website. They are in the business of getting paid for writing, so they write what they think sells. Lets remember Piers Morgan and his fake pictures, which he doesnt appear to be troubled by as he tells everyone else in the world how they should live.

Journalism isnt telling people what you think, its telling people what happened in the 3rd person without emotion. When you use words like "shocked" or "rocked" your a random website poster.
That would be a nice argument if the current Commander in Cheat was calling 'all of the press' the enemy but he isn't he is just saying that 'anyone who disagrees with my side of the story is the enemy of the press'.

Wall? Like the super-bigly fantastic Great Wall that is/isn’t being built?
Whaaaaaat ?? I thought it was built and paid for by the Mexicans, that's according to the big orange cheeto in charge anyway.

That would be a nice argument if the current Commander in Cheat was calling 'all of the press' the enemy but he isn't he is just saying that 'anyone who disagrees with my side of the story is the enemy of the press'.
I still think its valid, that Trump doesn't like them, is secondary. Even if he hadn't said it, Id think the same and have done since the Iraq ware reporting.

To be fair it had been mooted months ago so Sessions had been a dead man walking for a while. I did like the bit in Trumps ramblings where he said he is prepared to work with the Democrats as long as they don'y investigate him.
An innocent man would welcome being investigated, to clear his name once and for all.

A guilty man, one with something to hide, well...

Healthcare is a major issue in US. On one hand it works, you don't wait for anything, and the Dr's speak english, and if there is a treatment you can have it, but it all assumes you have health insurance, because the costs are beyond the realm of reality. That health insurance is huge, i get mine through work and pay $1600 a month for a family of 4, along with the first $2700 of all claims per person before it even kicks in. Thats a nice $20k plus a year before that insurance company pays out $1, plus my employer pays in a contribution as well, so the true up cost is much higher.

Having a baby, without any issues is a cool $60k.
WOW !! Having a baby in Canada is less than $1000 (but then add 1.7 million $$'s for diapers.)

Apart from the Health Care costs taken out of my regular taxes to the Federal Government, we pay a yearly premium that ranges from $0 if your taxable income is $20,000 or less, to $900 if your taxable income is more than $200,600.

I still think its valid, that Trump doesn't like them, is secondary. Even if he hadn't said it, Id think the same and have done since the Iraq ware reporting.
There is absolutely a huge problem with the media, particularly with "access" journalists like all of Axios and Maggie Haberman who would print anything to avoid losing access to the White House. But that is ignoring that the US press have done some great investigations and broken several huge stories right through the Trump timeline.

Actually...wish there was one following the Brexit 350M NHS bus around too...
Me too, nd a truck with cleggy boi's claim following the remainer bus, just for balance like... ;)

The NHS is always going to get more money I would wager more than the 350 by the time we exit, Would that then be a fib like the EU not persuing jackboots?

Latest Threads