The Trump Presidency...

Part 4 (and remember this is just ONE WEEKS worth of News.)

HISPANIC VOTE

TRUMP: "We're doing very well with Hispanic Americans. We're doing very well. Because you know what? They want safety at the border. They want great jobs. Remember, the last election, well, 'he won't do too well with the Hispanic vote.' Did we do well or what?" — Arizona rally Friday.

THE FACTS: More "what"' than "well.''

Among Hispanics, Democrat Hillary Clinton beat Trump handily in 2016, 66 percent to 28 percent, according to exit polls. That level of Hispanic support for a Democratic candidate was similar to 2008, when Barack Obama gained 67 percent of the Hispanic vote to Republican John McCain's 31 percent.

At the same time, Clinton's performance among Hispanics lagged their support for Obama in 2012, when he won 71 percent to Republican Mitt Romney's 27 percent.

Trump in 2016 had campaigned heavily on a platform of building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, calling for mass deportations and referring to some Mexicans as rapists. Given that record, it's fair to claim he outperformed expectations with Hispanic voters, but he did worse or at least no better than McCain in 2008.

MIGRANTS

TRUMP, on a caravan of Central American migrants trying to reach the U.S.: "A lot of money's been passing through people to come up and try to get to the border by Election Day because they think that's a negative for us.'' — Montana rally Thursday.

TRUMP on the caravan: "Can you believe this, and what Democrats are allowing to be done to our Country?'' — tweet Thursday.

THE FACTS: Trump was riffing off of an unsupported allegation by Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., that people were being paid in Honduras to join the caravan and "storm the border [at] election time,'' as Gaetz tweeted.

Gaetz tweeted a video on Wednesday of men handing out money to people standing in a line, without evidence that it illustrated his claim. Questioned about the video's origin, Gaetz posted a correction on Twitter, saying, "This video was provided to me by a Honduran government official. Thus, I believed it to be from Honduras."

Neither man has produced evidence that the migrants are being paid to come to the border.

Mexico's government says migrants with proper documents can enter Mexico and those who don't either have to apply for refugee status or face deportation.

Trump approval jumps ahead of Obama’s midterm approval rating. This should cause a few fits of outrage this afternoon, maybe even cause somebody to stroke out. Happy Monday!!!
U.S.
DONALD TRUMP'S AVERAGE APPROVAL RATING REMAINS PRETTY BAD AHEAD OF 2018 MIDTERMS
BY TIM MARCIN ON 10/22/18 AT 11:26 AM

When the midterms approach, observers often look to the popularity of the president to get a read on how folks are feeling ahead of Election Day. But President Donald Trump can't boast about a great approval rating ahead of the voting in November.

Trump did earn positive headlines over the weekend NBC News/Wall Street Journal released a poll that found his approval rating stood at 47 percent—notably 2 percentage points higher than where former President Barack Obama was in October of 2010 in the same survey. It was the highest mark Trump has hit in the NBC/WSJ poll.

While the new poll from NBC/WSJ was a bright spot for the Republican president, on average Trump's job approval is still struggling. Take a look at two major aggregators of public polls: FiveThirtyEight and RealClearPolitics.

FiveThirtyEight's tracker—which aggregates public polls while weighting for each survey's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean—pegged Trump's approval rating at 42.7 percent on Monday. RealClearPolitics' average had the figure at bit higher at 44.2 percent. It's worth noting that both FiveThirtyEight and RealClearPolitics included the NBC/WSJ poll in their respective averages. (RealClearPolitics used NBC/WSJ's likely voter approval, which was 45 percent, instead of registered voter approval, which was 47 percent.)

According to FiveThirtyEight's tracker, on average, Trump is behind where Obama was at the same point in his presidency. On Day 640, where Trump is now, Obama had an approval rating of 47 percent, according to FiveThirtyEight—well above Trump's 42.7 percent.

U.S.
DONALD TRUMP'S AVERAGE APPROVAL RATING REMAINS PRETTY BAD AHEAD OF 2018 MIDTERMS
BY TIM MARCIN ON 10/22/18 AT 11:26 AM

When the midterms approach, observers often look to the popularity of the president to get a read on how folks are feeling ahead of Election Day. But President Donald Trump can't boast about a great approval rating ahead of the voting in November.

Trump did earn positive headlines over the weekend NBC News/Wall Street Journal released a poll that found his approval rating stood at 47 percent—notably 2 percentage points higher than where former President Barack Obama was in October of 2010 in the same survey. It was the highest mark Trump has hit in the NBC/WSJ poll.

While the new poll from NBC/WSJ was a bright spot for the Republican president, on average Trump's job approval is still struggling. Take a look at two major aggregators of public polls: FiveThirtyEight and RealClearPolitics.

FiveThirtyEight's tracker—which aggregates public polls while weighting for each survey's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean—pegged Trump's approval rating at 42.7 percent on Monday. RealClearPolitics' average had the figure at bit higher at 44.2 percent. It's worth noting that both FiveThirtyEight and RealClearPolitics included the NBC/WSJ poll in their respective averages. (RealClearPolitics used NBC/WSJ's likely voter approval, which was 45 percent, instead of registered voter approval, which was 47 percent.)

According to FiveThirtyEight's tracker, on average, Trump is behind where Obama was at the same point in his presidency. On Day 640, where Trump is now, Obama had an approval rating of 47 percent, according to FiveThirtyEight—well above Trump's 42.7 percent.

Will see if the GOP gets a ratings surge in the next two weeks when people really start thinking about the election.

I don't believe in being placed at a disadvantage with the Saintly Chinese and Russians.......Space is already militarized, sir.
Well, no, not at the moment. With Trump's space force it will soon be.

Trump space force plan is grounded in real needs, but hazy

You must have missed out on the need for the US "Space Force"......... which would be created to dominate space of course.

We already have weapons that can shoot down satellites. Next up will be offensive weapons that can be deployed against whomever decides to have a go at the US.
This, you understand, is willy waving. Dominating space is huge knob wafting. The type of cock aerobatics not seen since the 1950s.

This, you understand, is willy waving. Dominating space is huge knob wafting. The type of cock aerobatics not seen since the 1950s.

Not quite sir, the nature of warfare is also changing. The control of space and the cyber domain is going to be vital. If I can kill your satellites and shut your country down then I am going to have a huge advantage.

How many people on this forum would be fecked If the UK banking industry was trashed and shut down for an extended period of time?

How much would your military be hurting if 3 of your skynet satellites were knocked out?

Not quite sir, the nature of warfare is also changing. The control of space and the cyber domain is going to be vital. If I can kill your satellites and shut your country down then I am going to have a huge advantage.

How many people on this forum would be fecked If the UK banking industry was trashed and shut down for an extended period of time?

How much would your military be hurting if 3 of your skynet satellites were knocked out?
Well, cyber domain and space are two entirely different things. Cyber warfare - the yankees bleat about Russian cyber warfare but dont breathe a word about what they are doing to the Russians. UK banking industry being trashed? The repercussions would be horrific.

War in space is going to be not digital but kinetic. What is far more worrying is that if satellites providing military information start to go down it is the very short path to nuclear war. Hurting if satellites go down? Not anywhere near as painful if nuclear weapons are launched.
Put your wiener (I believe that is the American term) away.

Well, cyber domain and space are two entirely different things. Cyber warfare - the yankees bleat about Russian cyber warfare but dont breathe a word about what they are doing to the Russians. UK banking industry being trashed? The repercussions would be horrific.

War in space is going to be not digital but kinetic. What is far more worrying is that if satellites providing military information start to go down it is the very short path to nuclear war. Hurting if satellites go down? Not anywhere near as painful if nuclear weapons are launched.
Put your wiener (I believe that is the American term) away.

Yes they are two different things, but they are both relevant to warfare today where as they would not have been 79 years ago.....We have decent cyber capabilities and can put a hurting on another country if we so decide to.

Trump's new strategy means the U.S. could get more aggressive with Russia and China over hacking

Pentagon Suggests Countering Devastating Cyberattacks With Nuclear Arms

However the response one might get might also ruin your world in return.

The Satellites will be targeted and many will go down. We have ASAT's and so do the Ivans and the Chinese. They will be important links in the chain to chip away at. Having the ability to project force from space and protect one's assets will be a must.

What do you call balls on your chin??

About the immigrant caravan... Cutting aid to the countries where the caravan goes through is going to make things worse. Of course Trump has to maintain face. So cutting aid is his only tool.

Now, the caravan is trying to work its way through Mexico. So is Hurricane Willa. It is going to do a lot of damage to Mexico. If the two co-incide then it is going to be a huge humanitarian disaster.

About the immigrant caravan... Cutting aid to the countries where the caravan goes through is going to make things worse. Of course Trump has to maintain face. So cutting aid is his only tool.

Now, the caravan is trying to work its way through Mexico. So is Hurricane Willa. It is going to do a lot of damage to Mexico. If the two co-incide then it is going to be a huge humanitarian disaster.
What a shame that would be.....

You forgot the word "Illegal" as well........

Yes they are two different things, but they are both relevant to warfare today where as they would not have been 79 years ago.....We have decent cyber capabilities and can put a hurting on another country if we so decide to.

Trump's new strategy means the U.S. could get more aggressive with Russia and China over hacking

Pentagon Suggests Countering Devastating Cyberattacks With Nuclear Arms

However the response one might get might also ruin your world in return.

The Satellites will be targeted and many will go down. We have ASAT's and so do the Ivans and the Chinese. They will be important links in the chain to chip away at. Having the ability to project force from space and protect one's assets will be a must.

What do you call balls on your chin??
You dont chip away at a satellite. It is either disabled by military intervention or it is not. If so, and after the first one goes down, the world enters a new form or warfare which immediately will provoke reactions. This is not a game. The result will be nuclear warfare in short order. You can yehaaaaa as much as you like, but the rest of us on this planet would rather not the yanks start a nuclear war.

What a shame that would be.....

You forgot the word "Illegal" as well........
So, people dying in thousands is of no matter to you?

You dont chip away at a satellite. It is either disabled by military intervention or it is not. If so, and after the first one goes down, the world enters a new form or warfare which immediately will provoke reactions. This is not a game. The result will be nuclear warfare in short order. You can yehaaaaa as much as you like, but the rest of us on this planet would rather not the yanks start a nuclear war.
Satellites are apart of the kill chain, chipping away at their numbers places a greater burden on those that are left to still provide information that a force will need to still fight. Like the GPS satellites etc. I would not say the nuclear threshold would be reached.

The Air Force is preparing for a war without satellites

The US military is preparing for war without GPS

We are preparing for conventional war the old fashioned way...

You might want to worry more about the Ivans who rely on nuclear weapons to make up for their conventional weaknesses.

So, people dying in thousands is of no matter to you?

Oh my, am I supposed to feel sorry for thousands of people who want to illegally enter my country and break American laws to do so? Get a grip, if I was trying to kick down your door to let myself into your house the last thing you would be worried about is my well being.....

Last edited:
Oh my, am I supposed to feel sorry for thousands of people who want to illegally enter my country and break American laws to do so? Get a grip, if I was trying to kick down your door to let myself into your house the last thing you would be worried about is my well being.....
Get a grip yourself- thousands of lives may be at risk. This matters. It does not matter whether the people are wanting to get to USA or not, if they are affected and the USA does not offer humanitarian aid then we in the civilised world will know what USA is really about.

Satellites are apart of the kill chain, chipping away at their numbers places a greater burden on those that are left to still provide information that a force will need to still fight. Like the GPS satellites etc. I would not say the nuclear threshold would be reached.

The Air Force is preparing for a war without satellites

The US military is preparing for war without GPS

We are preparing for conventional war the old fashioned way...

You might want to worry more about the Ivans who rely on nuclear weapons to make up for their conventional weaknesses.
Oh now that is reassuring, you are preparing for war??? OK, to take it from the beginning... taking out satellites is the immediate precursor for war. If you yanks want to do that, it may have very unpredictable consequences. Remember, in space, no one can hear you say "Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Oh now that is reassuring, you are preparing for war??? OK, to take it from the beginning... taking out satellites is the immediate precursor for war. If you yanks want to do that, it may have very unpredictable consequences. Remember, in space, no one can hear you say "Yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I would hope we are preparing for war...........that is the purpose of peace....... FFS what bubble do you live in?

lol, ye gods.

Latest Threads