The Trump Presidency...

It’s English Red. But not as we know it.

Hers not ******* wrong though is he:

Reporter: When would you like – I’m from the Chicago Sun Times, sir. I would like to know what you would like to ask President Trump to do for Chicago. You’re here to talk about crime in Chicago.
West: The thing that the head of the police and Mike Sacks met with me last night at the Soho House about was we feel that "stop and frisk" does not help the relationships in the city. And everyone that knew I was coming here said, “Ask about stop and frisk.” That’s the number-one thing that we’re having this conversation about.
Another thing is opening up industries. And we’ve got to get some tax breaks too. Because we’re making – we got a Speedfactory in Atlanta, but the shoes are costing us $300, so it’s costing us too much to make things.
So we need some prototypes here so we can get people back working, so China can’t just beat us and Vietnam can’t beat us. You got Levi’s, the greatest jeans company in the world, making their jeans in Vietnam.
So we’re going to need to get a few breaks to be able to have some places in my hometown of Chicago, and 2.7 million to the 9 million surrounding suburbs where we can create some factories.

Hers not ******* wrong though is he:

Reporter: When would you like – I’m from the Chicago Sun Times, sir. I would like to know what you would like to ask President Trump to do for Chicago. You’re here to talk about crime in Chicago.
West: The thing that the head of the police and Mike Sacks met with me last night at the Soho House about was we feel that "stop and frisk" does not help the relationships in the city. And everyone that knew I was coming here said, “Ask about stop and frisk.” That’s the number-one thing that we’re having this conversation about.​
Another thing is opening up industries. And we’ve got to get some tax breaks too. Because we’re making – we got a Speedfactory in Atlanta, but the shoes are costing us $300, so it’s costing us too much to make things.​
So we need some prototypes here so we can get people back working, so China can’t just beat us and Vietnam can’t beat us. You got Levi’s, the greatest jeans company in the world, making their jeans in Vietnam.​
So we’re going to need to get a few breaks to be able to have some places in my hometown of Chicago, and 2.7 million to the 9 million surrounding suburbs where we can create some factories.​
That would be the same stop and frisk policy that Trump said he wanted across America at rally a couple of day's before. As for the $300 dollar shoes, how much of a tax break would they have to give to compete with a dollar a day economy unless of course Trump actually carries out the campaign pledge to scrap the minimum wage or maybe the shoe company could hire Trump accountants.

As for the $300 dollar shoes, how much of a tax break would they have to give to compete with a dollar a day economy
I don’t know Big T, how muck of a tax break would it take?

My experience of manufacturing logistics for an international sports product company was that in fact assembly costs were a significant proportion of production costs but that this bore little reality to final retail cost which was ultimately set by market conditions and product segmentation in order to meet retailer margin expectations. Eg. The difference in true (landed) production costs between a £100 and £150 retail item was as little as £3. Labour costs within that production cost would have less than a couple of £ - doubling or even quadrupling that labour cost would not hugely increase the *actual* item production cost (and wouldn’t necessarily impact in any way on retail cost) but if you suggested it to those whose brains ran on % age margin rather than actual £,s,d in the bank they would go a bit wobbly.

That would be the same stop and frisk policy that Trump said he wanted across America at rally a couple of day's before. As for the $300 dollar shoes, how much of a tax break would they have to give to compete with a dollar a day economy unless of course Trump actually carries out the campaign pledge to scrap the minimum wage or maybe the shoe company could hire Trump accountants.
Well stop and frisk would be a disaster out in the rural parts. Somehow I think it would be best to exclude us bumpkins from that fiasco.

Very bad news if the rumour proves correct. The only level headed adult in the administration potentially had enough, or has told Trump one too many home truths and is being removed.

'US President Donald Trump said in an interview airing on Sunday that Defense Secretary Jim Mattis "could be" leaving, referring to him as "sort of a Democrat." The exchange on Mattis came after Trump alluded to upcoming changes in his cabinet, which last week saw the surprise resignation of Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the United Nations. "I'm changing things around. And I'm entitled to. I have people now on standby that will be phenomenal. They'll come into the administration, they'll be phenomenal," Trump said. "I think we have a great cabinet. There're some people that I'm not happy with. I have some people that I'm not thrilled with. And I have other people that I'm beyond thrilled with," he said.'

Trump says Mattis 'could be' leaving as US defence chief

Latest Threads