• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The Trump Presidency...

Better hope you know people who like you then
What, so that you can commiserate that your entire village is up the same shit Creek and all the paddles were blown out to sea at Warp Factor 6?

What, so that you can commiserate that your entire village is up the same shit Creek and all the paddles were blown out to sea at Warp Factor 6?
Well if your entire family lives in the same little cluster, you can all sit around the campfire together. People can be an asset or the biggest PITA.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/27/puerto-rico-should-have-been-ready-for-maria/

Hurricane season starts in one week. Puerto Rico’s emergency plan still isn’t ready

Maria in Puerto Rico: Natural Disaster in a Colonial Archipelago

Scientists warned of an impending disaster in Puerto Rico 5 days ahead

Well part of the lack of empathy is the fact that this was not Puerto Rico's first Rodeo. A failure to plan can be blamed at all levels of government, however 5 days notice is a decent heads up. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you.

However the Boy Scout Motto is "Be Prepared" and then there is always "Failure to plan is planning to fail".

We will never see eye to eye on this, but then again what kinds of disasters do you folks have to worry about in Old Blighty? Floods and some winter storms?

......so how do you feel about Trump's statement

“This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water,”

Does it not make you cringe just a little and wonder if, just maybe, he's not the right man for the job?

I was thinking more along the lines of the personal duty to prepare yourself and family...... You know the basics food, water, first aid kit, appropriate clothing for the climate, some spare cash. You know common sense type shit.
I do agree but those living in PR or how many living in PR had the spare cash to buy said supplies and even if they did, say follow the US Navy’s advice for what to have in your Emergency kits...

Emergency Kits

Ok what do you do after three days and there is still no help from FEMA?

......so how do you feel about Trump's statement

“This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water,”

Does it not make you cringe just a little and wonder if, just maybe, he's not the right man for the job?

Look he sounds like a half wit, window licker half the time. But the fact is he won, and beat out the other shitty candidate named HRC. To be honest I don't read his tweets anymore, I try to follow the news and the markets as best as I can. This time of year is a political dead zone honestly. The biggie is Kavanaugh and the effect his conformation or withdrawal will have in November. What you folks clearly are not seeing is that many Senators in Red States are up for reelection, and this issue could hurt or help them depending on how they vote.

The other point that I have mentioned is that November 7th will be the day to really discuss politics here. Right now this is just stalemate trench warfare with not much going on.

I do agree but those living in PR or how many living in PR had the spare cash to buy said supplies and even if they did, say follow the US Navy’s advice for what to have in your Emergency kits...

Emergency Kits

Ok what do you do after three days and there is still no help from FEMA?
After watching the many natural clusterfucks from Katrina on, be prepared for about 30 days. The government does not move swiftly at all. Maybe in Old Blighty but not here. You can over time prepare rather well if you are dedicated and not distracted by the Kardashians and Star bucks.

After watching the many natural clusterfucks from Katrina on, be prepared for about 30 days. The government does not move swiftly at all. Maybe in Old Blighty but not here. You can over time prepare rather well if you are dedicated and not distracted by the Kardashians and Star bucks.
I agree but if the US Navy says 3 days it must be based on something.

Funny thig is that it’s from the Naples , Italy support site.

Not sure how long they will last with their three days supplies when the pyroclastic flow from an erupting Mt Vesuvius hits them in about 10 minutes after the eruption.

Look he sounds like a half wit, window licker half the time. But the fact is he won, and beat out the other shitty candidate named HRC. To be honest I don't read his tweets anymore, I try to follow the news and the markets as best as I can. This time of year is a political dead zone honestly. The biggie is Kavanaugh and the effect his conformation or withdrawal will have in November. What you folks clearly are not seeing is that many Senators in Red States are up for reelection, and this issue could hurt or help them depending on how they vote.

The other point that I have mentioned is that November 7th will be the day to really discuss politics here. Right now this is just stalemate trench warfare with not much going on.
So that's murican English for "Lalalalala I'm not listening lalalalala" then.

What will be your excuse after the elections?

I agree but if the US Navy says 3 days it must be based on something.

Funny thig is that it’s from the Naples , Italy support site.

Not sure how long they will last with their three days supplies when the pyroclastic flow from an erupting Mt Vesuvius hits them in about 10 minutes after the eruption.

Three days is the bare bones minimum that anybody should be able to come up with, but that is normally if you are on the go..

Survival Kit Supplies

The Red Cross suggests two weeks worth if you are bugging in. This is just common sense stuff. If the road network here is fecked and in many cases it is, how do you think help is going to arrive?

Goose season... To be honest it is nice to get a break from the political cluster here for a little bit. I enjoy not having all the election garbage in my mail box.
What a varied language murican English is. So many ways of saying, "Lalalalala I'm not listening lalalalala"...

...and yet you post on this thread.

What a varied language murican English is. So many ways of saying, "Lalalalala I'm not listening lalalalala"...

...and yet you post on this thread.
Yes I do, it is just pages of drivel to add to more pages of drivel. Why do you really give a shit about what happens to our lot over here? Is that much more interesting then watching what is happening to you on your side of the Pond?

Yes I do, it is just pages of drivel to add to more pages of drivel. Why do you really give a shit about what happens to our lot over here? Is that much more interesting then watching what is happening to you on your side of the Pond?
Because your top mong has his finger on the button. If he develops Parkinson's, (and at his advanced geriatric age it's quite possible), it's game over time. Plus he's working for the enemy - you know, the bloke that's really in charge of your country, that Vlad crook. He's also equally likely to cause a global economic melt down with his well-thought out* economic policies.

Unlike many muricans, I realise the world is a far, far bigglier place than the 50 states.

*moronic. Bigly time.

Because your top mong has his finger on the button. If he develops Parkinson's, (and at his advanced geriatric age it's quite possible), it's game over time. Plus he's working for the enemy - you know, the bloke that's really in charge of your country, that Vlad crook. He's also equally likely to cause a global economic melt down with his well-thought out* economic policies.

Unlike many muricans, I realise the world is a far, far bigglier place than the 50 states.

*moronic. Bigly time.
Oh Dear, the nuclear Armageddon speech can be skipped. FFS man, the birds prob fly over your home upside down. Please tell me why your little bit would be worth one warhead? If a nuke strike ever occurs you can just die of starvation in the nuclear winter....

Checks and balances......

The stock market is up 196 points so far, but gas is still pretty high. Will see what happens tomorrow, granted I am going to hedge my bets and say we will still be chugging along for the most part. For a trade war it sure does not feel like it here.

Stop being such a globalist........