The Trump Presidency...

Manafort's pleaded guilty to the various charges against him and agreed to co-operate with the Mueller investigations

Manafort pleads guilty in Mueller probe, will cooperate with prosecutors

Shouldn't be long until the orange one is slagging him off on Twitter after praising his loyalty last week.
No kidding, I won't be taking any bets on whether the twitter twat uses the words 'loser, weak, discredited, or 'witch hunt' in any of his twatty tweets about Manafort?

Dude when Yellowstone blows, it's going to be feck knows how many times larger than the largest nuclear weapon ever tested.
Actually we might survive the onslaught...

This Is What Would Happen To The World If The Yellowstone Supervolcano Erupted Today

Granted we would have about a foot or more of ash on the ground, but we might not die outright. Granted we would be heading East and preparing for what would essentially be a nuclear winter for decades to come.
An interesting point of note in the article about the ground rising within the area was something I have viewed at first hand. In September 1997 I was hunting just outside Cooke City, one of the gateways to Yellowstone in an area known as Daisy Pass. We had trailed in on horseback to an area around Lake Abundance.

On scouting around the lake looking for sign of elk, as we arrived at approximately the north eastern end of the lake it was noticeable that the water had receded away from the shore by several hundred yards, leaving just hardened, cracked silt. Not thinking much about this we continued through the morning to scout further around the shore until arriving at roughly the opposite end from the recession. Here, the wooded area of aspens and pines had flooded to about four feet deep, over a very large area, and going back into the timber as far as we could see. This was a cause of conversation for the rest of the week.

Fast forward to November 2000, and I flew out again to hunt moose, again in the same valley. We trailed in a few miles to go check out the lake as we were keen to look at the ‘tilting’ phenomenon that we’d seen three years before. We were rather surprised to find that the water had returned to within thirty yards or so of the original shoreline, and the remaining dry silt was a thin strip. The opposite end told the same story, and the trees were back on dry land, and were easily traversable on foot being almost completely dry.

I don’t now the amount of water that had moved back and forth over that time, probably several million gallons at least, but it was something that has stuck with me ever since, the power of nature at work and so often unnoticed by many.

Granted we would be heading East
You and how many millions of others? I reckon the majority of highways and bye ways are going to be a mite congested. Sorry to say it mate but you're beginning to sound a lot like this fellow.

You and how many millions of others? I reckon the majority of highways and bye ways are going to be a mite congested. Sorry to say it mate but you're beginning to sound a lot like this fellow.

Only slightly.....got a first hand glimpse of that last year with that damn eclipse. Not quite a natural disaster but an eye opening experience none the less.

Could we at least keep the clips to something I might have seen?

Only slightly.....got a first hand glimpse of that last year with that damn eclipse. Not quite a natural disaster but an eye opening experience none the less.

Could we at least keep the clips to something I might have seen?
The cynic in me says you're not going to get any warning. Oh sure the signs will be noticed by agencies such as the USGS who will report it to the government. I reckon the government will keep it quite because of the mass panic that would ensue if they did broadcast it.

Even if they did broadcast it how far do you think you'll get? Again think back to St Helen when a lot of commercial domestic flights from the West were grounded, it even affected flights from Europe. Also because of traffic congestion you aren't going to get very far very fast.

With up to 5 feet of ash coming down that is going to choke everything mechanical again you aren't going to get very far.

If it happens it happens, lets hope it doesn't happen anytime soon.

The cynic in me says you're not going to get any warning. Oh sure the signs will be noticed by agencies such as the USGS who will report it to the government. I reckon the government will keep it quite because of the mass panic that would ensue if they did broadcast it.

Even if they did broadcast it how far do you think you'll get? Again think back to St Helen when a lot of commercial domestic flights from the West were grounded, it even affected flights from Europe. Also because of traffic congestion you aren't going to get very far very fast.

With up to 5 feet of ash coming down that is going to choke everything mechanical again you aren't going to get very far.

If it happens it happens, lets hope it doesn't happen anytime soon.
It should not happen, but if given a few hours to regroup and get a few things squared away. Eastern Nebraska would be feasible. I agree the government would wait until the bitter end but I would plan on 72 hours give or take before it would go off and the warning is out.

Granted for the non apoc type emergencies my plan is to bug in and ride it out.

It should not happen, but if given a few hours to regroup and get a few things squared away. Eastern Nebraska would be feasible. I agree the government would wait until the bitter end but I would plan on 72 hours give or take before it would go off and the warning is out.

Here's a better plan for you, kiss your wife goodbye, kiss your kids goodbye and then kiss your arrse goodbye because you're not going to get no 72 hours to do anything.

Is that the zombie apocalypse you're waiting for so you can go all out tooled up?

Manafort's pleaded guilty to the various charges against him and agreed to co-operate with the Mueller investigations

Manafort pleads guilty in Mueller probe, will cooperate with prosecutors

Shouldn't be long until the orange one is slagging him off on Twitter after praising his loyalty last week.
Flipping should be illegal.

But Trump may actually get an answer to "Why would someone in severe financial trouble, and whk has lengthy pro-Russian Eastern European connections offer to work for my campaign for free?" rather soon.

I do hope the federal marshals are storing all these witnesses in towns without cathedrals.

One would hate for any unpleasantness to occur.

I'm just reading some Le Carré, and long for a world were Moscow Centre was that subtle. Rather than the brick through a window them seem to be. Mind you, how thick is the West not to have seen this coming.

Here Are 202 Companies Hurt by Trump's Tariffs
The president believes "TRADE IS BAD!" These firms would beg to differ.
Scott Lincicome | September 14, 2018

The debate over tariffs has mostly emphasized their impact on economic growth and jobs, which overlooks specific stories of suffering caused by President Donald Trump's trade war.
Below are more than 200 examples of the damage done by Trump's tariffs, aggregated with Republicans Fighting Tariffs. The victims and their stories differ, but the catalyst is the same.
Businesses of all sizes have seen their input costs rise because of tariffs. To maintain already slim profit margins, many of these businesses have no choice but to raise prices. Call this the "Trump tax."

But not all businesses can offset tariff costs through price increases, because their customers are price sensitive and will simply take their business to a foreign competitor. These companies have been forced to take cost-cutting measures such as laying off employees or forgoing expansion.

Then there are the countless farmers and exporters who have seen their markets dry up as trading partners impose retaliatory tariffs.

Read the FULL LIST here It was a Republican Survey btw.
==============================================================
It is worth a read and now that the worlds best negotiator has slapped another $200 billion dollars worth of Tariffs on Chinese goods it will only get worse.

It's a well known American Newspaper :)
no, it's a Marxist-Leninist Democrat pinko-fag commie subversive FALSE NOOSE outlet

I deliberately didn't put the headline up on the off-chance that the Agent Orange fan-club might click on it and learn something, rather that immediately dismissing it because it doesn't fit in with their world view

Last edited:

Latest Threads